Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: I GOT FFX-2!!

Banned

i really dont have much to say for once, or rather i cant be bothered at the moment but i thought that ff10-2 was a project to keep them busy during ff11 scince thats there last project for a long while due to it being online and ff12 isnt due for years, as soon as ff12 was annonced it was "oh ff11 is sooo last year" while in truth ff11 has the final fantasy spotlight for a long while due to running it, new storys, expansions, they already have the world all they need to due is give it a new story, its a lot easier then making a new game, but im getting off track again, where was i? oh yes ff10-2 instead of me aguing whats not so final fantasy about ff10-2 i wanna ask what IS so final fantasy about ff10-2 its makes square look ashamed of its final fantasy past so they kicked it and threw it away where it was used as bedding by hobo's ho got tear gas thrown at them for smelling.

and where on page 4! WOO! PAGE 4 OF THIS AGUMENT! LETS CELEBRATE! ahem....

You're right that FFX-2 was created because they thought FFXI would take them a year or two longer than they wanted (although it really didn't and now they have 2 games coming out within a day of each other).

There are no guidlines for how a FF game must be created. They are RPG games set in a fantasy world. Things like magic and monsters clearly set them away from reality.

One can argue FFX-2 is too 'modern-day' to be FF. But what makes Spira different? Monsters, magic, Guado, Ronso, blitzball, aeons (at one time), fayth, etc, etc. If you think about FFVIII, if you take away the magic and the monsters, it could be set in our world. Yet no one argues that FFVIII isn't FF material.

The truth is, since a new FF game can be set in any kind of world with any kind of adventure, what clearly defines FF games are the fact that they always are top-of-the-line with the best graphics they can create. Square prides itself in having excellent stories, plots, characters, environments, and fighting. They have yet to create a game to disgrace the name of Final Fantasy, for which they deserve credit.

Just because the main characters in FFX-2 are girls, doesn't make FFX-2 a 'whore game' and doesn't make them leisbians. If FFXII is three guys who are best friends going to save their world, are people going to say that they're gay and that FFXII is a 'fag game'? I don't think so. (No offense to anyone). I think what's REALLY going on is that guys are upset that the main character role is filled by a girl and not a guy. Get over it already. If you got a problem with it, stop throwing hissy fits and just buy FFXI where you can choose which sex you want your main character.
    Don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun.

People in glass houses shouldn't dance naked.

Don't be sad because people think you're weird. Just go around telling people you're mentally insane and laugh at all the people that are scared of you.

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

DEATH TO SPONGEBOB!!
    DEATH TO ALLENBEE!!

Oh gawd, can't stand it, MUST JUMP BACK IN!!!!!!

Originally posted by Bahmant zero
    i wanna ask what IS so final fantasy about ff10-2
    Well first off, the title. Secondly, because Square said it is. It's sad but we don't say what Final Fantasy is. They do, they change them, make em and release em. From the previews and Japanese reviews it sounds like FF10-2 is very different. Kinda like it should have a different title (eg Crystal Chronicles, Tactics) because of the way it is. And it don't! Because it's continuing the story of it's predecessor.

I mean, what's Final Fantasy about Tactics Advance?
    What's Final Fantasy about Crystal Chronicles?

And if you say: Magic, Monsters, Hit-points, Magic points and anything like that, then you've answered your own question previously quoted above.

I think what's REALLY going on is that guys are upset that the main character role is filled by a girl and not a guy

Please see my 2 posts on page 2.

1)The one @ 06-11-2003 08:12 AM

2)The other one @ 06-23-2003 04:32 AM

I think some people are upset about the change/dismissal of characters that we've somehow connected with, rather than having female leads. It's not about the girls; it's about the drastic change.

I know I'll miss Auron. *sniff*. It must be cool to have someone like that to look up to.

Everyone has their opinion. You played game and gave response negative but still feedback on game-thanks.
    But I think that I will like game. Because I enjoyed Final Fantasy 10. Kingdom Hearts ruled-it didn't suck to me!
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com

This may sound stupid... But I won't play the game because from what I see it's just a lousy freaking sell-out. My buys will just make the beast larger. Why give a drunk money if hes only going to get drunker and ask for more? Why in the world would you except them changing some one who they made subtle to attract idiots?

Phew! Finished reading all four pages and gosh! what to say... I know I'm gonna buy FFX-2, and yes, mainly because it's a Final Fantasy game. I really can't state my opinion about the game since I haven't played it yet.

There were a few remarks I would like to comment on though.

1) There was a complaint about horrible lip-synch. Well, watching anime has thought me that lip-synch really isn't that important. It's enough that the mouth moves, what's said is what counts. And the voice acting... I sure hope it has improved from FFX. *shudders*

2)Changing clothes. Well, FFV, the greates FF ever made, has ppl changing clothes. It's called Job system and it's awesome that it has been brought back. Though I would have hope the return of Dragoons.

3)Graphics. FMVs will look awesome, they allways has and always will. And rest of the game look pretty nice to me. Graphics aren't so big a thing for me since it's the story that counts. Don't know enough to say anything about the story in this one.

4)Mini-games. I don't even know what mini-games are included in this one, but I doubt it can get worse than blitzball.

5)Cothes or the lack of them... So what if they are revealing, who cares. I'm not buying the game because of that or not buying at that. That's the way games sell these days... Of course it's going to attract a certain kind of audience, but they are still probably going to minority. and who knows, maybe a new bunch of players gets hooked in FF world, what's bad in that.

~So, if we happen to fall down, we'll get instant halos.~

Nanakixiii:you are lucky,us european must wait january,i hate wait,i want ffX-2:now!!!

Originally posted by nanakixiii
    as you can see, i was being sarcastic about the reply (duh!!)...

this isn't some political forum, IT'S FINAL FANTASY FORUM, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

I didn't make this thread to talk about political rights and stuff (there's already enough of that in our miserable lives)

OK, i'll edit it, happy?

anyways, i just want to hear about ffx-2!!!!!!!!
    You are a sad sad *snip*er you know it? I would amputate my left foot with my teeth and fingernails if i found out you knew jack sh*t about polotics. Besides, whenever you said politics, i think you meant sexuality. Politics has nothing to do with gay or straight unless you are a polotician for gay rights.

Get your facts straight before you spout off something stupid like that.

::Xider crawls into his quiest den and watches CNN::

Xider, I have no idea why you would make such comments about a post that has already been dealt with 7 months ago, but it is definitely not warranted. And watch your language! ~ Leeza
    READ MY ONLINE JOURNAL!
    No really...
    You'll think your on a friggin acid trip!
    CLICK THE JOURNAL LINK!
    It's the pencil...do it...DO IT!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread has been mostly dead since August so...

*closes*
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles