Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I GOT FFX-2!!

Originally posted by chappu
    What the hell are you all on about?
    I havent played FFX yet, but it sure looks good, besides coming back to Spira is great! And I like Yunas new costume and the guns idea, there were gunners in other FFs now there is one here.

As for you people telling others to play Tomb Raider cause they like FFX-2's look:
    1.Tomb Raider is a great game series, so yeh..
    2.People are talking about FFX2, not TR, so why bring it up?
    3.I dont think Square "copied" Eidos on Lara's look, just cause a woman holds a gun doesnt make her related to Lara, after all, what about Trinity? :P

Anyway, stop flaming, it just shows the stupid side of you...

PS: Fag also meant a bundle of sticks in some dictionaries :P

1. Tomb Raider is NOT an RPG.
    2. Because Squaresoft doesn't make the TR series, their selling out.
    3. The comparison is frequently made because it's a good one.

Why is it I get the feeling Squaresoft could do any thing and you people would support it?

1.I never said TR is an RPG, its a 3d Adventure, and a good one at that :P
    2.No, no, again people are talking about FFX2, I know who makes TR...
    3.Its not a good one. Apart from her holding guns and being a girl what is another similarity?
    Lets make a table:

Lara Croft:
    1.Wears shorts and a minitop
    2.Wears glasses
    3.has long hair in a pigtail
    4.is a tomb raider, a relic hunter

Yuna:
    1.Wears hotpants, a half-skirt and a top
    2.doesnt wear glasses
    3.short-ish hair that hungs loose
    4.was a religious figure, a summoner

I cant see any similarities...
    If we start saying Square stole Lara's looks off Eidos Int. we may as well say Fox stole looks of Trinity from Lara, Pokemon is a rip-off Digimon, etc.
    So stop arguing, each character is unique, noone stole anyone.
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Squall!
    A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you
    may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you
    are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your
    hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in
    the eyes of the opposite sex.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

Hmm I think FFx-2 is gonna come out rite n nice. i saw alot of movies n clips for it.it seems nice. also wats wrong wit yuna wit guns?? I personally dont like lara craft thou... FFx is great Ffx-2 will be nice also . at least i hope so

Originally posted by chappu
    1.I never said TR is an RPG, its a 3d Adventure, and a good one at that :P
    2.No, no, again people are talking about FFX2, I know who makes TR...
    3.Its not a good one. Apart from her holding guns and being a girl what is another similarity?
    Lets make a table:

Lara Croft:
    1.Wears shorts and a minitop
    2.Wears glasses
    3.has long hair in a pigtail
    4.is a tomb raider, a relic hunter

Yuna:
    1.Wears hotpants, a half-skirt and a top
    2.doesnt wear glasses
    3.short-ish hair that hungs loose
    4.was a religious figure, a summoner

I cant see any similarities...
    If we start saying Square stole Lara's looks off Eidos Int. we may as well say Fox stole looks of Trinity from Lara, Pokemon is a rip-off Digimon, etc.
    So stop arguing, each character is unique, noone stole anyone.
    They have one key similarity, the fact that they were made to attract perverts. Don't tell me FFX-2 isn't made to attract perverts. All males happen to leave your party, Yuna's cloths disappear (No it's not because of her pilgrimage, I won't believe that, think about all the times people changed cloths in past FFs, very rarily), and the fact that three girls go around changing cloths every battle.

Default ok

ok im sorry everyone for flaming up but here are my opinions

if you dont like all women dominating this game DONT BUY IT

if you think this game is made bye perverts for perverts let the perverts buy it
    but bear in mind that the makersd also put a lot of thought in the making of the (battle system, storyline ect.) and that it is a true art and if you dotn think it is make your own games and see hwo great they turn out

and there is one comparision between lara and yun (i played the games and compared them

and it is thye both have guns and use a similar technique of shooting them

ok i sead that without swearing WOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah and a big difference between Yuna and Lara is that Yuna is more sweet and wholesome then Lara.
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

Default Re: I GOT FFX-2!!

Originally posted by nanakixiii

1.) mission completing? how ummm... stupid
    2.) no FF fanfare at end of battle
    3.) cool combat system
    4.) major slow down
    6.) glitch
    7.) horrible horrible lip-synch
    11.) longer load times
    Agreed with most of those. Heh. Just mainly the lip-synch and the glitch. Man I swear, the glitch I saw was like WTF! In Kilika where the Camera man was and went back to that screen and all I saw was the surroundings and the camera floating in the air....

The japanese version is buggy, hopefully they'll fix up the american one a bit. With better lyp-synch, FFX american didn't have that bad to lip synching, it's rather pretty good in my view.

Default SORRY FOR LONG POST

Hi, I'm fairly new to these forums ( & to gaming) but I've been following some of the threads. Here's my opinion:

I think there's nothing wrong with female leads. But I think the main problem is taking a game like FFX (where there were both male AND female leads) and then suddenly changing it to all female leads. Suppose we suddenly take Tomb Raider (which I haven't played) & made Lara an unplayable, sitting-along-the sidelines-type of character & made a Man as the lead.....what would be the reaction be like? Or if we dump Charlie's Angels & replaced them with Vin Diesel (XXX), Brad Pitt & Tom Cruise, who go around with a badass attitude & kick women around? I feel many pple, 'specially girls, will feel uncomfortable with that. That's perfectly natural to feel that way. Just as it's natural for pple to feel uncomfortable when all the male leads in FFX are removed & replaced with female ones. Human beings, in general, don't like changes.

So, it's not abt having a game with female leads but changing an existing FFX story's playable characters to only one gender. I don't think it'll be a problem to some pple if they came up with an entirely new FF game with only female leads rather than replacing the males of an existing FF game.

To be honest, I don't really like the idea of a sequel. I liked it when Tidus swam up from the deep sea at the end of FFX. This keeps the mystery going. Like an X-files mystery, you'll be on a constant high by always wondering if Tidus really did exist or was he just a dream. The sequel FFX-2 takes away this mystery. It's like in FF8 where you're always wondering how Raine
    really died or if Squall really is the son of Laguna. Altho' there were plenty of clues & theories, there were no definite answers. And that's part of the fun of FF. I think sequels spoil this fun. But I also understand that some pple like sequels bcos they just can't stand mysteries. They would rather just get it over with. Fortunately, I am not one of those pple.

Banned

greeneyes, i think you hit the nail on the head
    and i agree with erverything you say. i fresh view always helps.

I agree with you too, Greeneyes. I always loved any mystery at the endings on the FF's, it made me play the game over and over hoping to find some clue to let me in on what the ending might be all about. And yeah, it is a little suspect to take a game series with all male leads (up to the point) and then replace the entire party with just women. I'm not saying its a bad thing, but yeah, it is a drastic change. But despite it all, nothings gonna stop me from playing it anyway, heehee :moggie:
    Train, train take us away... Far Away... To the future we will go...

The writings of a Kupo:moggie:

so green eyes what you are saying is that its like how supposedly guys arent allowed to hit girls so they make girls hit guys i think that girl nto being able to be hit by guys is wrong and i dont see what is wrong with this woman being the dominating characters in this and its mostly guys complaining girls have had to put up with the main character guys on the sont y through stupid dumb ass cloud MOOSY GAY PRIK squall and WHINEY CHEERLEADER BUY tidus SO DEAL WITH IT YOU IN DUMB troutS JUST CAUSE YOUR TESTOSTERONE ISNT LEADING IN THE GAME GET A IN LIFE AND BAN ME IF YOU WANT CAUSE I SWEAR THIS SI THE GAYEST FORUM I HACE EVER BEEN TO I FOUND A BETTER ONE CALL FFX2.NET AND THEY RULE SO YOU ALL:mog:

OH AND ANOTHER THING IF YOU ARE NE OF THE PUNCES THAT THINK WOMAN BEING THE MAIN HAARCTER IS GAY YOUR GUNNA BUY THE GAME ANYWAY SO STOP COMPLAINING

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quistis, I think you should calm down before you get yourself banned. - Blizzard

Everyone needs to can the insults. - Kuja Highwind

well quistis and zezipster you too should calm down, but quistis stop trying to make aguments for god sake - Bahmant zero

Anyway, stop flaming, it just shows the stupid side of you... - chappu

Why is everyone being a mod-whore instead of using the warn button? All of the insults and flaming in this thread stop here.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

[[off-topic for a sec.--well.... i've never seen a thread go from game opinions to dicussion of what's acceptable language back to opinions to an argument over spelling and who's insulting who... kinda dissappointing to see.... ]]

Well... in my opinion... I'm anxious to see FFX-2 I hope to see more of the new-age RPG's (if that's what you wanna call 'em) But i think square should maybe stay a little closer to their roots sometimes, for old time's sake if nothing else. back to the crystals and the fantasy world theme. I think that that would indeed be great, if they could make a compromise, and maybe start a series of re-makes of the old ones, and sequals and such, but keep on with originals (ffxii and such) with the original "final fantasy" that way they're applying to two different tastes.

Poor quistis.

You failed to understand my previous posts.

so green eyes what you are saying is that its like how supposedly guys arent allowed to hit girls so they make girls hit guys i think that girl nto being able to be hit by guys is wrong and i dont see what is wrong with this woman being the dominating characters in this and its mostly guys complaining girls have had to put up with the main character guys
    --by quistis

You lack the ability to undestand that what I was saying is that it's alright to have female leads.

I think there's nothing wrong with female leads. But I think the main problem is taking a game like FFX (where there were both male AND female leads) and then suddenly changing it to all female leads
    So, it's not abt having a game with female leads but changing an existing FFX story's playable characters to only one gender. I don't think it'll be a problem to some pple if they came up with an entirely new FF game with only female leads rather than replacing the males of an existing FF game.

See?

It's just that it makes pple uncomfortable to suddenly wipe out certain lead characters (or make them unplayable). I actually like Tidus & Auron. Tidus's cheerfulness is great as is Auron's 'strong, silent but deadly' father-figure. And I simply adored Yuna's sweet, innocent, feminine gracefulness.

In FFX2, all of this has been taken away suddenly. It would have been alright if it was entirely
    new FF game with completely new all-female lead characters who go around kicking butt. But you, quistis, seem bent on misunderstanding this. You seem to really want to believe that this new FFX2 game is some sort of gender, male vs female war thing.

I won't force you to believe what you're incapable of believing. I won't tell you that it's not about male-female issues. I won't tell you it's all about the complete character distortions that bugs many of us. I won't tell you these things bcos I already know you don't have what it takes to understand them.

CAUSE I SWEAR THIS SI THE GAYEST FORUM I HACE EVER BEEN TO I FOUND A BETTER ONE CALL FFX2.NET AND THEY RULE
    You're wrong. EOFF forums are the best I've ever seen. The pple here are generally friendly and helpful. FFX2.net would be a better place for the likes of you bcos they have like-minded people. They seem more interested in the 'girls, let's kick the male's butts'- estrogen poisoned femi-nazi freaks rather than appreciating a FF game for the beauty of it's story & characters. To me: EOFF forums RULE.

I'm genuinely sorry you got kicked out of here but you had it coming. You let gender issues distort your mind rather than appreciating FFX/FFX2 for what it really is: A great game with a beautiful love story.