Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I GOT FFX-2!!

Angry

i know this is sort off the topic of FFX-2 but, i'm still giving you a opinion, so what the heck........
    i'm Japanese, so i have played many games that they didn't bother translating, compared to all the games i haved played before, FFX-2 SUCKS!!!!!!

Banned

Originally posted by Blackrose
    FFX-2 SUCKS!!!!!!
    yup, i totally agree. i dont like 10, and 10-2 mocks me. This game makes square seem ashamed or embrassed about finalfantasy histroy, games, and traditions so they made this cheep atempt at "modenising". well if somethings not broke dont fix it...

Originally posted by Psychotic
    Ze, as he doesn't like to be called, is a genius. We should all bow down to him.

Although I have never played it, I currently hate FFX-2. Why? because Square is so blatantly embarassed by it's heritage.

Final Fantasy X:

No World map

"Oooh, it's more realistic!" Yeah, right. But I tolerated this.

No Levelling up

"It's customisable!" No, no it isn't. But I tolerated this too.

A Direct sequel.

"I wuv Yuna! she is soooo kewl!" Yes, and the idea is moronic, but still, I tolerate this.

Female main character

"It's a step in a new direction" Be that as it may, Squsre is still trying to shake off it's heritage, but still, I tolerate it.

A Job-like system with no Dragoons.

At this point, my patience snapped. Just what the hell is wrong with Squaresoft? They've taken out jobs that have been there from the start, and from FF3 and FF5. Yes, there would have been a lot, but frankly some of the ones they took out is just sheer stupidity.

No Dragoons, No Red Mages, No Monks, no Geomancers(I'd like to add they were there from FF3 you anti-geomancers you!)

And what are they replaced by? Gunners? What the hell is the tactical advantage of a gunner? It shoots things? Is that it? And then a Dark Gunner? oh no, the bullets are going to be dark! OK, I just learned that they can learn enemy skills. So they are basiclally Blue Mages. So why not call them Blue Mages? No wait, that's not "kewl" enough for Square.

There was only one good new job class, which is Songstress/Popstar, because it combines elements of Dancer and Bard, which makes two weaker classes a bit better.

And have a look at Rikku as a Black Mage. That's no Black Mage!

THIS: is a Black Mage. Yes, it does look like Vivi... But surely Rikku can't change into one of those? Oh yeah? THIS: is Reina, a nice girl from FFV. She can become a black mage at will, thus: All characters from FFV can, so why can't Rikku do it? I'll tell you why. It's because Square is embarassed of it's heritage.

I will buy FFX-2 certainly, but currently it is only because it is a Final Fantasy. Yes, that is the wrong reason to buy it, so what?
    Bahmant zero, You have the same idea as Psychotic. I think your both right. I'm abandoning Square-Enix. They disgrace themselves, with filth like X-2, because they are obvisoully only attempting to get idiots like quistis. They are ashamed of the fact that they made good wholesome RPGs like FF5 (which I bring up because it had a job system).

Banned

i think ive finally giving up on square now, i think i'll stop buying final fantasy, becasue to me its dead. the realms of swords and magic have been replaced by rock music, whores with guns and no features, and all those rikku fans drive me nuts. all she does is where stupid belts that are ment to be clothes while flailing her arms in the air repeatively whinning "yunnie" and "ya know?"

This is off topic but blah, this whole thread is off topic:

Originally posted by Bahmant zero
    the realms of swords and magic have been replaced by rock music, whores with guns and no features,
    Not exactly...if you've seen the opening FMV of FFXI (which sadly is going to be online), it's filled with magic and swords and it reminds me of the Lord Of The Rings, even though I've never seen it.

And FFXII doesn't look like it'll have much rock music or whores with guns if you've seen it's work. It has the designer of Vagrant Story, so I can't possibly picture whores with guns in this.

What I'm trying to say is, yes the game might suck, a lot. But at least it's not a full Final Fantasy, and only a sequel to FFX. The upcoming Final Fantasies (without the -2 or -3's) seem to bring back the "realm of swords and magic".

So it's pointless to give up hope of something over ONE game, which isn't even gonna be part of the main series.

Banned

i have seen ff11's fmv, its quite good
    *possiable but i doubt it spoiler*
    you see turu turus chanting and then a blue spark goes flyng up into the air and loads of massive holes open in the sky and metors come slowly crashing down over a herd of monsters, its cool, where as ff10-2 is not. i spit upon rikku's grave. why did they wait until now to make a sequl, espially a crap one to a crap game.

I haven't seen any glitching, and my eyesight's ok so...
    The plot's great too...the only thing that might be a downside...if you REALLY want to know the plot...you sometimes have to go out of your way...and you have a lot more freedom now...which i like...personally

I was wary of this 'new' idea but i'd say give it a chance it might surprise you

so imho this is a 'mighty fine' game
    忘れないように。。。

i agree with quistis. dont dare try to stop raging mad pissed off worse than hell people or well start kickin ass. we got our own opinions and are willing to defend them.

You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex. Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general. It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.
    Last edited by TakaX2; 08-05-2003 at 07:05 PM.
    Don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun.

People in glass houses shouldn't dance naked.

Don't be sad because people think you're weird. Just go around telling people you're mentally insane and laugh at all the people that are scared of you.

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

DEATH TO SPONGEBOB!!
    DEATH TO ALLENBEE!!

No offense but the moderator should delete the above 2 posts. This thread has too much anger & negativity. Shouldn't gaming be enjoyable?

Banned

Originally posted by TakaX2
    oh F*** you bahmant zero. just cause your F***ed up and couldn't find a good game if it F***in hit you in the face doesn't give you the F***in right to dis the best games ever created. so just shut up asshole!!
    hmmmm this seems as pointless as my last post (which i acciendtly posted in the wrong board cos i had 3 ff forums screens open) what are you actually trying to say? that i should f*** off beacuse ff10-2 is the greatest game in creation but i dont agree? and i have found quite alot of good games that i doubt someone with such a closed mind like you could find because it dosnt invlove yuna in drag. And why am i not aloud to not like ff10-2? have you played it either? even if it does turn out good no game will ever be the best game in creation.
    and dont double post, theres an edit button. please use it.

It seems people don't agree with my latest posts, so I'll explain.

First, I agree with Greeneyes, gaming is supposed to be enjoyable. I'm also glad you find the two important words here. No offense. If people say 'no offense' I don't take it personally. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if you do bashing, like saying someone is gay or something sucks, you have to take into cosideration how others may feel. I personally use 'no offense' any time I bash unless I'm extremely angry.

Second, to bahmant zero. You have your own opinions. Forums are for talking about games. If you don't like FFX and claim to hate FFX-2 even though you've never played it, then don't look on FFX and FFX-2 threads. If you have a problem with the games, complain to square. If you want to post that you don't care for a game or character, you can say so, but don't rant and rave about them sucking because most of the people posting on the thread like the game. How would you feel if one of your favorite games was being unfairly rediculed because someone found they didn't like it? There are certain games I hate too, but my response is to sell it or lock it away somewhere. Personally, I hate Seymour (no offense), a character in FFX. I say so, let others see my opinion and then let it be. There's no need to make others angry. Overall, if you don't like a game say so, respect other people's opinions, and then leave it alone. I do not have a closed mind, I only know my opinions. I have not played FFX-2, but know a good deal about it and assume it will be good like FFX. I don't judge games as awful or sucky unless I've played them. If I don't think I'll like a game, I don't buy or rent it. Simple as that.

I am normally a very calm person, but I do get angry and let the cause of my anger feel my wrath.
    Last edited by TakaX2; 08-05-2003 at 07:05 PM.
    Don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun.

People in glass houses shouldn't dance naked.

Don't be sad because people think you're weird. Just go around telling people you're mentally insane and laugh at all the people that are scared of you.

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

DEATH TO SPONGEBOB!!
    DEATH TO ALLENBEE!!

Default Sorry. Long post

TakaX2, I think Bahmant zero does have some valid points about why he thinks FFX2 sucks. Others, such as Blackrose have also played the game & she also has concluded that the game sucks.

But u may want to notice that he doesn't attack any one particular poster on this thread at a personal level. Nor has he lowered himself to using vulgarities..such as a$$hole or f**k. He disses the game, the characters (eg Rikku) & Squaresoft. He, like others here, has stated, in his earlier posts, why he doesn't like it ( eg No World map No Levelling up, etc). But he did not directly bash any particular poster on this thread for playing the game. You, however have bashed him at a personal level & below the belt. Sure, he ( & others) may have been a little 'over-passionate' in a couple of posts about those who buy/play FFX2 but majority of his posts have been about the game itself & not the players. At least he didn't name names or pick on any particular nick on this thread.

If you don't like FFX and claim to hate FFX-2 even though you've never played it, then don't look on FFX and FFX-2 threads.
    This can also be thrown back at you. For instance, it can also be said that if you don't like people saying negative things about the game, then don't look on FFX and FFX-2 threads. Go to those fansites where only the good things are said about the game.

But I'm not asking you to go away from this thread. Nor am I flaming u. I merely believe that you could be more constructive by instead focusing on why the game is good rather than bashing a person for saying why he thinks the game is bad. Focus on highlighting the positive things about the game or on what Squaresoft did right about the game. This is a much better way to counter someone's bad opinions abt the game.

So the point I'm trying to make is: bash/praise the game but not the players.

For example, assume that someone may like Yuna the summoner in FFX but may feel that in FFX-2, her image as a graceful, feminine yet powerful girl has been perverted into a skank with guns & that she's no longer powerful bcos she can't summon aeons anymore. However, notice that this person did not mention that Yuna's image has been changed to please the perverts. i.e. bash or praise the game/characters/company but not the ones who play the game.

If someone says something bad abt the game, counter it with something good abt the game. Let's not counter it by lashing out at that person just becos we can't control our anger. Let's not lower ourselves to hitting posters at a personal level. Too much of that goes on in real life already. Must we do that in gaming too?

i think the people who say ff isn't worth it anymore should get the hell out of the forum!, especially quistis
    i own u

riki

Tidus, quistis was pro-FFX2. I think your confused. BTW, I think people are entitled to their own opinion.

Everyone Has Their Own Opinion And They Have A Right To It I Think FFX-2 Will Be Good But Other May Not Thing The Same As Me And Thats Alright Thats What Makes This Stuff Interesting Getting Two Diffent Points Of View On The Topic. So I Think The Insults Should Stop And Get Stuff Back To Normal
    </FONT>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast