View Poll Results: Yeah, how far?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't even bother with this H&C side"quest". -_-

0 0%
  • A little bit. Got boring mid-way.

3 10.00%
  • Long enough to get the ultimate weapons and out!

7 23.33%
  • All the way! Robe of Lords, here I come!

20 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far did you go in Hot and Cold?

Default How far did you go in Hot and Cold?

By this I mean how far did you go to play this grueling sidequest to some, fun sidequest to some. There's a variety of options for you.

I went all the way actually, did it so many times to get myself a Robe of Lords. Crazy I am.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

it was always a pain in the arse walking into the forest at the beggining of the game and thinking "sh1t... i gotta do all this again." but i always ended up doin it. mainly so i could do the mognet sidequest.:mog:

I live in a giant bucket Blizzard's Avatar

I couldn't stand that stupid Mini-Game, that'd explain why I don't have the Ultimate Weapons. (Besides Vivi's)

Default yeah,

Originally posted by Sage
    I couldn't stand that stupid Mini-Game, that'd explain why I don't have the Ultimate Weapons. (Besides Vivi's)
    I only did it to get the secret weapons, ther game itself was VERYirritating that mexican style music I could stand. I don't mind the mexican's but that thing Squaresoft called "music" for that game was....I can't even describe it was that bad.
    Oh yeah, only a perverted retard would actually watch the chocobo's breed I'm merely saying this because I'm not a perverted retard who likes to enjoy watching chocobo's breed. I'm just like any other normal non- retardey perverted chocobo breeder.

I did the entire sidequest. ::Twitch.:: It's so unbelievably aggravating for the first few hours, but once Choco's beak increases in levels, it gets a LOT easier and really fun. I loved running around the world map and getting treasure. I always do it before disc 4, though... because (SPOILER)I don't like the new world map music that starts when you come back from Terra. Plus, there's just way too much mist to see clearly at that point.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I love love Chocobo Hot and Cold.

I went all the way. At first I thought it was frustrating but then I began to like digging and searching for stuff on the world map. Plus, it's worth it just to see Fat Chocobo.

I HAVE DONE ALL OF CHOCOBO HOT AND COLD. DID YOU KNOW IN THE AREAIL GARDENS THIER IS A SECRET BOSS CALLED OZMA. HE IS REALLY HARD. HARDER THAN NECREON IN FACT.
    Lets Biltz

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dude, seriously. Check your caps-lock key.

I always do the Hot & Cold, it's fun. :D~
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I think Hot and Cold is serious fun. Just the first time I went through the game I didn't do any side quests and this was a side quest I only did the one time I went from Lindblum to the Grotto. But now I'm going to concentrate on getting the two big items as well as all the chocographs, plus I'm gonna go find the other forests.

One question though. I just upgraded choco to blue choco and it seems as though he runs faster in hot and cold. Is this just placebo or did his speed increase?

Placebo. I didn't feel any increase in speed.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I went ALL THE WAY! I got EVERYTHING and my chocbo was at level 99! He went to the heavens too I loved it and it became my favorite sidequest aside the little number puzzles in FF 1
    Too big.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Rude
    One question though. I just upgraded choco to blue choco and it seems as though he runs faster in hot and cold. Is this just placebo or did his speed increase?
    He does start moving faster. You'll notice an increase in pecking speed as well. Once you hit gold, he's insane fast.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

yeah well i aint to sure what your on a bout bu t im gessin its where youi dig up the treasures on the world map, if it is i got stuck at one point and couldnt find anymore stone things which really pissed me off

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I picked the 'long enough' option because I did a lot but not EVERYTHING.