Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nercon?

Nercon?

Would you all agree the last boss, (Necron) had nothing to do with the actual game. When I first defeated Trance Kuja I thought I would be expecting a decent ending (It did have one anyway but that's beside the point) then this big deformed flying blue thing comes flying at me. I'm thinking "Who in God's name is that?". I just don't see what Necron had to do with the game.
    Oh yeah, only a perverted retard would actually watch the chocobo's breed I'm merely saying this because I'm not a perverted retard who likes to enjoy watching chocobo's breed. I'm just like any other normal non- retardey perverted chocobo breeder.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Necron was actually foreshadowed by Dr. Tot who made a brief reference to it...

Basically, Necron is the destroyer of life. His task is to kill everything when they stop caring about life. When Kuja goes crazy and tries to kill everything, Necron reads this as his cue to lay waste to the world. However, Zidane and co. beat the crap out of it, making Necron realise that for now, they don't want to die, and as such, he doesn't destroy them.

That's about it. Yeah, he was pretty random but mweh... it happens. Look at FF4 for one...
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

just a guess, but necron may be the thing that helps Terra devour Gaia. thats how i thought of it. or it may just be some powerful animal that Kuja uses to beat the terd out of the good guys. I guess you might consider Necron to Kuja as Anima to Seymour
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Default hmmm

So let me get this straight, Nercon wants everyone to die right? But Zidane and his party refuse to die beats Necron up. Necron teleports away crying for his mummy. Zidane and co. save the world just like what happened in the last 8!
    Oh yeah, only a perverted retard would actually watch the chocobo's breed I'm merely saying this because I'm not a perverted retard who likes to enjoy watching chocobo's breed. I'm just like any other normal non- retardey perverted chocobo breeder.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

At the time, Necron seemed like a fairly arbitrary opponent, created simply to fit in with the FF tradition of ''successive, increasingly powerful bosses culminating in a big, powerful winged thing.'' I also had issues with his 'cheap', rush-job design and appearance.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Ending spoilers

Actually I think that Necron is about to kill the party and (SPOILER)Kuja, now having realised what it is to have a life, teleports them away. This is showed by how the team are teleported in the same manner (graphically) as they did in the Desert Palace. Kuja also says in the ending that he saved them.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

(SPOILER)after the fight with Trance Kuja, he casts ultima which destroys the crystal and brings your party down to 1 HP.

The legend of the story says that when the crystal is destroyed, all of existence will end.

And guess who's there to end it?

You guessed it.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

What is the cherry? What? Timbit's Avatar

It does seem a bnit sudden though. There is no mention of the name 'Necron' anywhere in the game, maybe once, I can't remember. For example, in 7, 8 and 10, the player gets a good idea of who the final boss will be. But in 9, the player thinks it's Kuja. But when Necron comes out, it's a bit of a suprise.
    It's funny because it's poisonous!

think of it this way; necron = the reaper of life (angel of death whatever you want to call it). hes like sin hes a "punishment" in the way that we have no need for life any more
    Last edited by the_end; 04-06-2003 at 08:06 AM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

This or what Spatvark said.

Originally posted by Lord Chainsaw
    (SPOILER)after the fight with Trance Kuja, he casts ultima which destroys the crystal and brings your party down to 1 HP.

The legend of the story says that when the crystal is destroyed, all of existence will end.

And guess who's there to end it?

You guessed it.
    I wish they had of put more effort putting that legend into the game, they could have done wonders with something like that.

I loved FFIX though!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

considering how easy kuja trance is, its' cool that you get a tough boss battle to follow. besides, kuja isn't really evil. i think the final battles and ending are great.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kuja's not really evil? He incited the wars that demolished Alexandria, Lindblum, Cleyra and Burmecia. He single-habdedly obliterated Terra, including all of the disembodied souls of the Terrans themselves. He even tried to destroy the Crystal, which would've annihilated all life.

I suppose it could be argued that Kuja himself isn't inherently evil, because he was created simply to destroy; he was serving Terra's purpose and doing Garland's bidding. Before the final battle, he was desperately obsessed with the notion of his own mortality, so he wasn't thinking rationally.
    But I still think that Kuja can be regarded as 'evil' in much the same way as many FF enemies - not inherently evil for no real reason, but prepared to do terrible things for some allegedly higher purpose.

Kuja's act of 'redemption' - saving Zidane and co - is fairly insignificant compared to the extent of his crimes, and does not in any way make up for the atrocities he caused.

But yeah, it's good that Trance Kuja alone isn't the final opponent. It would've been nicer if Necron hadn't appeared to be little more than a hasty afterthought, though.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

well at least Kuja repents, has a heart, isn't totally insane, etc.

Chaos-totally insane
    Golbez-similar situation, nice guy
    Exdeath-totally insane
    Kefka-killbot
    sephiroth-totally insane killbot

im haveing trouble beating him can any one help?