• No, he's just a randy king

25 54.35%
  • What's a dragoon?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edgar: Dragoon?

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Default Edgar: Dragoon?

I've always considered Edgar to be a dragoon. He wields the spear as well as the sword, he wears some pretty cool-looking green armor, and he has Cain's long, blonde hair. Care to comment?
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Give Mog or Edgar Dragon Boots and then they have the Jump command Dragoons/Lancers have. They both use spears but weren't really Dragoons in my book. Cid (FF7) has some limit breaks that are jumps making him one. Kain and the job class from FF5 have Jump as does Freya (FF9). Kimarhi has the Ronso Rage Jump (FF10) Making them dragoons.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think that the true Dragoon has the Jump ability at all times, not as a Limit Break, or an equippable ability. So as far as I know (I never played the first three, and never got very far in Tactics) Kain, The FF5 bunch while in Dragoon form, and Freya were the only true Dragoons.

Kimahri and Cid might of used spears, but they weren't Dragoons. Just spears uses with a Jump attack as a limit break. Edgar was a Mechanic, that was his class, Mog = Dancer.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

N-O!

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Gau
    I think that the true Dragoon has the Jump ability at all times, not as a Limit Break, or an equippable ability. So as far as I know (I never played the first three, and never got very far in Tactics) Kain, The FF5 bunch while in Dragoon form, and Freya were the only true Dragoons.

Kimahri and Cid might of used spears, but they weren't Dragoons. Just spears uses with a Jump attack as a limit break. Edgar was a Mechanic, that was his class, Mog = Dancer.
    Matt said it best. I'm not familiar with FFV, but when I think of a Dragon Knight/Dragoon, I think of Kain and Freya. Edgar and Mog aren't Dragon Knights.

You guys are forgetting Richard from FFII. He's the original Dragoon. Edgar and Mog weren't Dragoons, they were a Mechanic and a Dancer respectivly like Gau said.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad!

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

No, he's just a randy king. =P To be honest, I hardly ever have him use spears. Usually Mog gets the spears, so Edgar's stuck with swords. Even then, I have him use tools instead of fighting.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by BobDarkavenger
    You guys are forgetting Richard from FFII. He's the original Dragoon.
    Yeah, I thought I might of forgot someone. I haven't played FF2.. yet.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Yup, Richard was the original Dragoon, and he had no jump ability. To be fair though, no one had the abilities they should have had at that point. If they were making the game that FF2 is today, Guy/Gus would probably have the Capture command from FF5, Leyla would be stealing things left and right, Josef would do things like "Flying Kick" or "Build Up", and Gordon would be a bard, since the sucky guy is always a bard.

But I digress. Edgar is an Engineer. His nifty inherent ability is that he can use machines. I'm fairly sure that in the Japanese version of FF6 it actually says "Engineer" or "Machinist" or something similar next to his name on the menu screen.
    Last edited by DJZen; 04-01-2003 at 11:34 PM.

No.

Blasphemer.

chadmonkey

Edgar's a pimp. He wears a cape, hits on women, is rich and owns a castle that can cruise the desert. That definately makes him a pimp. And how could he be anything but with that finger twirl of his.

*Clicks "No, he's just a randy king." and falls off the chair laughing my head off.*
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Master of War DelightfulSpekkio442's Avatar

Yeah, I thought I might of forgot someone.
    I'm sorry to be picky, but this particular mistake drives me bazongas. It's "might have." It just sounds like "of" when you say it fast.

I agree with the majority: he's a randy king.

~MJE~
    "Ipso, facto, meeny moe...MAGICO!!!"

chadmonkey put it best, edgar is a pimp (a bad one) but a pimp none the less!
    (p.s. Mog is the real dragoon!)
    http://ub8.homepagetools.com/bebivegeta/UltraBoard.pl?
    go to my forum, i need members!

Mog is a pimp I saw a picture Amano drew of him before. With the fancy glass and Martell sittin in a chair. Just look at it and you go damn he be pimpin.