Thread: DVD Software.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default DVD Software.

My Dad bought me a DVD drive yesterday, which I'm very pleased with. However, he conveniently forgot to purchase any sort of DVD playing software, so this really leaves me in the lurch, as it were.

Do any of you know of any suitable (free) DVD playing software that I can download? I've had a number of 30 day trial ones, but I really can't afford anything at the moment. I know there's a cats chance in hell of finding one, but I thought it was worth a try.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I use PowerDVD, it's not free, but that doesn't mean you can't find it for free online.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Check out DVDR-help for some free DVD software players. Look about 2/3 of the way down the page:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Thanks for your help.

The problem is solved now, anyway. My Dad recently bought a new graphics card for himself, and bundled with the card was a free copy of Power DVD. How coincidental.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"