Thread: Defense Suggestion?

Defense Suggestion?

I've been playing FFX for a few hours today and now I have 5 of 7 ultimate weapons (missing Rikku's and Wakka's, whom I'm saving for last ). It's really great being able to do 10-25,000 damage per hit. But now i'm starting to be a little more concerned about my defenses. I just wanted two questions to be answered here:

- Is it possible to get a piece of armor with 4 blank spaces to customize? If so, where?

- What is literally the best to add onto the armor?

The second question take more priority over the first. I took a quick tour into the Omega Cavern and encountered a Malboro unlike any other! I managed to defeat it (suffering heavy losses) but now it got me thinking. Should I focus my armor on battle defense, status defense, out-of-battle abilities, etc.? I'd like everybody's opinions on this. Thanks.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Default hi

i think that you can pick up 4 slots of defence armors from Wantz in Macalania forest. i think that you should have a differant armor for everytpye of battle(whoops, thats a type-o,lol. oh anyway like i was saying i think you should have a armor with none encounter, an armor with status elements for enemys like malboro. a armor with things like ice eater, fire eater,ect for things like seymore. you should have a armor with HP Break of cause, and an armor with lots of auto abilitie such as auto haste, auto life, auto protect ect. and an armor with lots of defence such as defence+20% and magic+20% and so on and so on and so on and so on and...SLAP...oh thanks for that.....anyway again one more thing you should always have an armor with ininitive on so if you encounter any monster like malboro or great malboro then you can always flee or put on a status element armor.

hope that helped. i think ive answered both of your questions well enough. also you should make your questions smaller so that more people will answer them. i bet that you probably don't even get 5 replies because you asked for a lot of answers in that question.

horrah im finally answered a question 1st for once(before anyone else)

hope that helped again and sorry i do babble on a lot.

bye

just gotta love dem damn chocobos

I've looked everywhere for Wantz in Macelania Forest but he's nowhere to be found (must be all that blue camaflauging him). Which screen is it that I can find him? And thx for the info previously too.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Damn, someone got here to help you before me! Oh well, you'll find Wantz at the begining ot Macilania Forest. If you follow the shiny trail to the end with the save point (NOT near the travel agency) and then head towards the bottom of the screen you'll see him standing there. The armor and weapons he sells are 100,000 gil each, but that should be no problem with the treasure chest in Omega Ruins way of getting gil. As for customizing, well, I'm honstly still trying to figure out what to put on my ones which will have break HP limit, but for other puropses I mostly have different sets of anit staus effect armors made specifically against certain fiends. Such as putting stoneproof against Demonoliths putting waterproof could be useful too on these cause almost all the water "bosses" such as Shinryu cause stone, but I'm not sure if they really do water type damage or anything. For Malboro's make sure someone has poision, confuse, berserk, blind, or silence proof. Depending on your combinations of those you'll have different attacking options. Onca you get strong enough Malboro's become a piece of cake though. Mainly go for these and if you want to make Defense % and Magic % up ones too go ahead, but I never really use that kind myself. Also erandom fun stuff is good too, like Master Theif and such. :fd:

glad the info helped. i havent even got past calm lands yet and im planing armors and weapons for the future of the game

Yrkoon

if you have international or pal version get at least one person with ribbon on their armour (ribbon protects against all status damage except curse)

better than having an armour packed with status damage defences. if you have pal or international you need 99 dark matters to customize ribbon to armour and some times dark aeons drop armour with ribbon on them got my one that way

im starting to use this combination for armour after i started playing again

hp break of course
    auto regen
    auto phoenix
    ribbon (only one guy got this)

some slight variences from guy to guy but i always have the first 3 the same and it seems to work pretty well

Personally i have [Break HP Limit] [Ribbon] [Auto-Phoenix] and [auto-haste] i got this for 2 characters, working on ribbon + break HP for the third