Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight Character Challenge

Default Straight Character Challenge

It's been awhile since I made a thread like this so..here it goes.

Many of you know of the Straight Character Challenge and those that don't can go to www.gamefaqs.com and look it up in the tactics section. The last thread didn't work too well but I have a feeling that this one will. This time I wan't you to sign up here and then using my d20 roll you a class, that class is yours too beat the game with in SCC style and then report back using any strategies or ask for help. I rolled an 11 and have recieved the class 'Geomancer' soo sign up and I'll pm you your number.

A few minutes ago, i was going to start a full summoner party. I was gonne come here to post about it lol,but now i want in on this. roll me a number

I rolled you a 13 so you get the class Lancer, I have done a Lancer SCC before and my only suggestion is to save up and take vert Jump 8 and hori jump 8 before anything else. Oh and pick a high brave team because you're going to rely on fists for chapter one

Here is my update for Geomancers:

Before Dorter
    I selected my team of High Brave, Low Faith Male Geomancers and leveled them up to level 5 before tackling Dorter.

Dorter Trade City
    Resets: 0
    Deaths: 0
    Crystalized: 0
    Surprisingly easy for my party I had no problem getting through this as I was very lucky, in my first round I Don't Moved the Wizard and the knight with pitfall and just sniped them out, while Delita delt with the Rooftop archer. Afterwards I just took them out one by one starting with the wizard.

Sand r-a-a-a-t Cellar
    Oh my god easiest battle of all time. I am so glad the terrain is Natural Surface (pitfall) because it owns this map. The first round I don't moved EVERY knight so they blocked the enterance of the monk and archer and just sniped them out, this battle must have lasted 3 minutes at the most.

Thieves Fort
    Another easy battle for my team, this map was Demon Fire country and although I wasn't exceptionally lucky this round I still had no problem with it, the highlight of this match was the Demon Fire sleep affect on TWO of the white mages both charging fire on Delita.

Thats where I am so far, I'll post more updates later.

Default Bombs away

All right roll me a number, *whispers*Not dancer not dancer*
    Hawkes
    We soar up high,
    We never look down.
    We fly the sky
    With naught but a frown.
    Our glaring eyes,
    Our neverending search;
    We fly the skies,
    Only stopping to perch.
    I think you know,
    It's not hard to see,
    When you just get up and go
    You don't live happily.
    Yet away I will fly, I'll never stop,
    Till I find my perch, the cream of the crop

yeah give me a challenge too! ive been needing it!!!

All right, shadows rolled 7 for thieves and jurexic rolled 2 for chemist.

kewl! i like this challenge. so anyway what does SCC stand for anyway?

and dancers arent bad, i love them!

SCC stands for Straight Character Challenge

I havent played much lately, so i still have 2 characters to turn into lancers.I dont really like lancers,but i think this will be fun

oh i see, im an idiot, hehe. my chemists will rock. are there any other rules or restrictions?

got all my ppl to lancers,time for school though
    there arent any rules except for what on www.gamefaqs.com

Update #2 - Fort Zekden

Lenaria Plateau
    Another very easy battle for my Geomancers, the time mage and two wizards lined up on three squares just perfect for an Elemental attack. After the threat with the wizards was dealt with I sniped and slashed the remainder of the enemies.

Windmill Shed
    Certainly the hardest battle so far, for the first time in a story battle Ramza fell into critical. It started badly with stasis sword stopping one of my mancers but in the end I surrounded him and made Wiegraf retreat.

Fort Zekden
    Resets: 2
    Deaths: 1
    Here it is, the most difficult battle in the first chapter. My first reset was stupid as I forgot to learn Blizzard for my mancers, but the second was bad luck, Algus used auto-potion 5 times and even then I brought him to 2hp before someone crystalized. My third attempt was slightly better as I brought him to critical and led ramza who was targeted with fire2 beside him to finish him off.

Chapter 1
    Resets: 2
    Deaths: 1
    Just as I suspected chapter 1 wasn't difficult at all, on Night Sword's newly patented 'challenge-o-meter' I would give it a 1/10. Elemental simply owns chapter 1.

i just made my way through chapter 1 also. i had my team completely wiped out against wiegraf.I gained 1 level for everyone,came back and oblitherated them.Fort zeakdon was really easy for me,for some reason algus wanted to dash at me.The other knights and stuff were tough,but when algus was next to me and a wizard cast a spell on me,i would jump on him,spell hitting him with about 60 and jump at 18. 2 of those and it was over.

I had a very rough time. Even the random battles became very tough.It would take a hit from every single party member to kill 1 monster, and it would take like 7-8 hits for an armored person. i would give this about an 8.5/10

As soon as i hit chap. 2 and got the weapon for my lancers,it was like 1 hit jump, or 2 attacks to kill a single monster.

i may have made a mistake at the beginning by getting dragon spirit for all my characters.It saved me a few times,but i probably wouldnt have been in that predicament if i had a higher jump skill. I had 1 death at zeakdon,my weakest lancer by a wizard.

Oh, do you know how to calculate jumps so the enemy will never move out of the way?

Heh,

Roll me a number as well, this seems interesting. I cant find that link what you were talking about.

~KD

chadmonkey

I'm game, roll me a number. I don't know how much I'll be able to play, but I will when I can.
    Also, I don't know how to calculate when the lancer will land, how do you do that?