Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who says FFIX isn't the best?

UltimaSepheroth

i love final fantasy 9
    its just that i love final fantasy 7 best
    final fantasy 9 is right behind final fantasy 7

Yrkoon

i can very easily say that i think ff9 is not the best ff game (sticking to original post )

imo ff6 an ff7 are far better tho i enjoyed playing through ff9

Default 9 oh sweet 9

I thought 9 was good, but I liked 8 better more for the story. I really got into the story for 8 while 9 was some what predictable. But I still like it as a matter of fact I am trying to do all the side quest and beat the game. I found hades toasted Necron< saved before I did. and even used Stiner. I usually use Aramat as my other physical guy, but stiner's shock single handedly beat necron. so that's my response.

P.S. I finally found a signature what do you all think.

A warrior takes a sword in hand, clasping a gem to his heart. Engraving varnishing memories into the sword, placing finely honed skills into the stone. Spoken from the sword handed down through the stone... Now the story can be told... Check out www.ninjai.com

I say it isn't the best. It is the easiest Final Fantasy. You just breeze through. Don't get me wrong, I like it, it just doesn't really stick out in my mind. I'm just wondering how many Final Fantasys Davis has played. I did like, however, all of the allusions to earlier Final Fantasys in IX. Square kinda made IX on the rebound...everyone bashed VIII for being to "new" and "different", so they went as old school as possible. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, of course.

IX is much more difficult than VII, with the exclusion of the optional bosses. It's just that the difficulty doesn't seem to kick in until disc 3 (I think is about right)

i have yet to go through Memoria but i can already easily say that it is my 2nd favourite RPG&FF(sharing ff rank with ff6 and overall rank with ff6 and CT

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

IX is in no way more difficult than VII. It requires no though whatsoever, you have no choice about where to go for most of the game, and you have no real ability to decide what your characters can do. They each have a small, set amount of skills, which you can only learn at certain points in the game.

I have severe issues with X, but it still manages to outrank IX, leaving IX my worst FF.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

I like all FFs

wins

okay.... i thought the game was pretty good but i hated the ending (for all of you who beat it, you know what i am talking about).

Actually, I've beaten and I have no clue what you are talking about.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Kuja's Baby Girl
    okay.... i thought the game was pretty good but i hated the ending (for all of you who beat it, you know what i am talking about).
    Oh you mean when Garnet does that thing at the place with that guy? Oh man I hate that.

I like FFIX a lot, it's become my second favorite (behind FFVI). The characters were cool, and I liked the style. None of that futuristic non-sense, good old fashioned style.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I really don't get the whole love of old style games, to me it sounds the same as comparing games based on graphics.
    The characters sucked apart from Dagger and Vivi (maybe Steiner) IMO, the battle system required no thought, and the mini-games were pointless other than the Chocobos (which are nothing to FFVII's). Add on to that they made the game easy so you could get a sword that would completely waste the rest of your game making a perfect save impossible.

For every mountain, there is always another higher. (or something like that) To me now FFIX is the best game, but there will always be better created in time to come.. better graphics, better plot, better gameplay etcetc. No game's perfect.

*We were put on this earth to brighten the lives of others*

~*Sapphire*Stardust*~

Deep as that may be it's not neccessarily true. Look at FFX. While I thought it was better than IX it was nowhere near as improved as the PS2 should have allowed it to be.
    I actually think the games have gone downhill recently, VII was fantastic, as was VIII, then people started moaning about the new ideas being introduced (God forbid) and Square backpeddled, badly.
    Then of course Microsoft could buy everything to do with everything and we'll all be stuck playing first person shooters online for the rest of our lives.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> FF9 is the best, for play station..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..