Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: who says FFIX isn't the best?

Post who says FFIX isn't the best?

Who honestly can say Final Fantasy 9 isn't the best Final Fantasy??? It has the best music in any FF and it just seems so really (besides graphics) it just seems like it really could be something happening in real life. (much like 10) But can anyone say that any other FF is much better??

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liek 5 a little more, but I don't understand how people say they hated 9.

At first I thought VIII was the best but now that I beat IX I must say FFIX is by far the best and now my favorite
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've enjoyed every FF that I've played, and I've completed 4 to 9 inclusive. 7 always stands out for me, but 9 was good. Very good. Not my favourite, but certainly not my least favourite either.
    Lots of good ideas and characters, a nicely involved plot. I have reasons for not considering it the best, but I won't list them here.

FFIX is just neat.

I still dont know why so many people hated 9, it's my favorite and it's great! who has some ideas of why it's bad? (dont mention graphics, it's on PS)

I don't think it was the best but I think it's a great game and that's all that matters.

I love Final Fantasy IX! It tops as my most favourite game to date. I thought the graphics were awesome, the designs of all the locations and the characters all rocked!

=D Rock on FFIX.

hey, RinoaHeartilly190, the quote at the bottom of your post, "If I should leave this lonely world behind....."
    where did you find it? or did you just make it up?

Well I think different FFs stand out in different ways. FFVIII r0x0rs with the music, but FFIX stands out with the story. Love stories isn't really my favorite kinda things, but I'm glad this one I liked. Weapons were sweet in design too (I like to fight in RPGs more than anything else). Yeah, FFIX is a great game, my favorite game actually so far.

And Davis: if you played the American version of FFIX, you couldn't have missed that line. It's part of "the song".

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

[q=Davis]I still dont know why so many people hated 9, it's my favorite and it's great! who has some ideas of why it's bad? (dont mention graphics, it's on PS)[/q]
    Things I personally didn't like:

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD! Don't say I didn't warn you!

* Lack of development of secondary characters.

* Inconsistent character designs - too many different species on that one world, and there were so many different artists involved in designing them that it's sometimes a bit of a jumble. Look at Brahne, Steiner, Beatrix and Amarant: all human, yet with the exception of Beatrix, they all have some distinctly inhuman features. Brahne and Amarant have blue skin, Amarant has arms so long that a gorilla would be jealous, Steiner's eyes have no irises, and there's no indentation in the middle of his top lip. In fact, he doesn't really have lips, as such.

* Frequently poor, even childish dialogue which was predictable at times.
    "H-hey, yo, whatcha gonna wanna do 'bout it? Gwa bwa mwa ha!" That kind of thing greatly decreased the impact and poignancy of the story. Slightly better English would've been a significant improvement.

* Plot points: Eiko has been virtually alone for most of her short life. Yet she's still cocky and sure of herself, and is somehow able to recognise Dr Tot as a 'nerdy academic'.

* Zidane's attitude: his refusal to acknowledge the skill, intellect or authority of those in power. Most of the cast never learn that Regent Cid ordered Tantalus to abduct Garnet for her own safety. It's possible that even Zidane didn't know. Everyone except Cid, Artania and Garnet probably assumed that Tantalus was going to hold the princess for ransom, torturing or raping her to force Queen Brahne's compliance with their ransom demands. Abducting a young woman for personal gain is a completely abhorrent act, yet Zidane is still abusive and discourteous to those who try to protect what is right. He should've been greatful that Steiner or Amarant never gutted him on the spot for his 'crimes'.

So those are my 'gripes' about FFIX. They're all exceedingly minor, merely matters of personal opinion. I still love Final Fantasy IX, please don't doubt that.

er.....ok so i take it you dont like the game much....
    i personally loooooove ff9. it is the best one in the series by far. i love the charachters (and they are not underdeveloped no matter what he says ^) and i think they are some of the best and most original i have ever seen. as for the different artists, if one person designed every single charachter, how interesting would that be? they would all be the same! personally if i had to play ff9 for eternity i would be just fine!
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

a'ight, today I beat FFIX disk one!

weee so you are in burmecia, heading to clerya, and you are about to control dagger again and beat up black waltz number three. have fun
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

wow, the battle aganst a waltz with garnet, stiner and marus is just a little easy

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by vincent06
    er.....ok so i take it you dont like the game much....
    i personally loooooove ff9. it is the best one in the series by far. i love the charachters (and they are not underdeveloped no matter what he says ^) and i think they are some of the best and most original i have ever seen. as for the different artists, if one person designed every single charachter, how interesting would that be? they would all be the same! personally if i had to play ff9 for eternity i would be just fine!
    Please, no, I really do adore FFIX... it didn't have the same impact on me as VII or VIII, and there are a few things which I think aren't perfect about it, but otherwise, it's brilliant.

Davis wanted to know what people dislike about FFIX, I gave my humble yet honest opinion.
    That is all.
    Last edited by Big D; 04-06-2003 at 04:13 AM.