Thread: FFXI Nostalgia

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default FFXI Nostalgia

Do any of you remember the good old times here? No, of course not, because everyone who posts in this forum now is a newbie who has no clue about FFXI except that it's online and they want to know stuff! In fact, I'm sure most of you haven't even heard of the WLA formerly the Midget Alliance.

Long ago, last summer actually, a man named Grand Lethal made a thread about a clan he was beginning to form, the Midget Alliance. It was for Tarutarus only and was going to be a bunch of shorties running around killing stuff. People were eager to join and eventually it spread to members outside the race of Tarutarus and became the WLA. Such members included:

Taerdin
    Alpha
    Lionx
    Myself
    CTK, Ed, Armando
    Aureus
    Grand Lethal

Now, most of these names you won't recognize because they left this forum a long time ago, because they were wise, unlike myself and occasionally Alpha and Lionx who still lurks here because of one thing...

NOSTALGIA!

We went through 4 threads. Four friggin' threads. They always got closed for spam, and always by Chronological who was the only mod who ever bothered to check here once every three weeks.

Great things happened. I became Taerdin's apprentice. We stole Alpha's fish and he beat us with his rotten . Taerdin and me spammed the board, everyone made fun of Lionx because he liked the Lion King but we all still think he rocks ass anyways.

And none of you newbs remember any of this! 'Cause you are newbs without NOSTALGIA! So stay out of this thread, it's not for you. It's for those who have other memories to share. Like flame wars with Blk_Wiz_GoD or more apply named Pant_Wizzer and also known by the name Colorobra Moonshadow. The bastard.

A Real Guitar Demon Tom Morello's Avatar

Default *cowers in fear of CL*

Yeah... those were the days...

Always spamming spamming and spamming... and did I mention spamming?

Major events that I remember...

1. I left EOFF for about a week, and went to a forum called FFFreak (which is still around) and became a mod there. It was there that I recruited three people... most of which have left. Santocruz, Hinglefurter (I think), and TOKE.

2. I recruited Dark_oneX... who got banned on like his first week on the forum... lol... waste of my time...

3. My famous dissing of Red Mages. Alpha thought they were the best, and I kept saying they sucked... lol...

But of course that arguement ended when I decided to make my character's sub job Red mage... lol

4. The Idiot Site... the single most hilarious site on the internet... if I wasn't so damn lazy I would find a link... but meh... Enjoy this instead... it's pretty funny and the same idea. www.zombo.com

5. My post count which reached 2783 in just under two months, making me the most (or close to it) active member methinks. But I was certainly most active amongst the WLA members...

6. When me and Alpha became Generals and therefore outranked all the damned n00bs... the way it should be. I was so happy to be rewarded for my loyalty and devotion... thx GL!

7. Taking Zaphier as my apprentice. I figured that since I was gonna be so damn active I should share some of my wealth and wisdom with someone, and so I chose an apprentice. Yay!

Ok... enough about me and my accomplishments... etc...

Yep.. fun times... someone else post now dammit...
    I used to have one... but it was erased... *sigh*

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

How could I forget the idiot site? And Meldon, one of my greatest friends. Poor guy really, flipped out and depression took hold of him eventually leading to basically insanity thus why he no longer visits the good old internet.

All you other nostalgic fools, post!

Emotion Sickness

i remember all that... cept i wasnt in it then, im in WLA now, well im not sure i haven't heard much or been to the site or anything for AGES...

just saying im not one of them newbies u say, i was round then, i dont post much tho, i just read...

I remember you! Go ES!

*realizes this is spam*

*shrugs*

All you other nostalgic fools, post!
    *does so*

Alpha thought they were the best

Yea, because they are.

*ends discussion then feels the nostalgia* =P
    Draxyle/RedMage/Windurst/Level 12+

Wow. I thought CTK was dead and cremated by now. Well, yeah, I was one of the first members, but hell, I'm not even gonna get FFXI now. But that's another story.

I remember Alpha's constant Red Mage-worshipping, our Red Mage-trashing, Alpha's -stabbing, our counter-stabbing, lionx's Lion King thing, the constant spamming and bursts of really short posts, the confusion about what direction the WLA was gonna take, the brand-new site, the flood of new member, Alpha's Picture-Tsunamis and newsflashes...

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Nostalgia... good trout huh? Anyone else remember anything?

I remember spam.... that's about it.

Originally posted by Chocobo The Knight
    Alpha's Picture-Tsunamis
    How could I forget all those wonderful wonderful pictures! Yay for Alpha!

YAY!!!

Yes, it was I that started this whole mess. I think we managed to get a few threads past the 600 post mark. Now the WLA is in shambles, all the members are Noobs I post once in a blue moon, and all the people I really want to play the game with are probably not going to purchase it anymore.

I remember the red mage bashing well... and it still goes on... I mean who else but a red mage would say something like 'spoony bard'

I also remember the contemplation of callng the WLA the lollipop guild.. ah the good ol' days.

Can you believe that when we first started this it was almost a year ago? Stupid Square, stupider Sony and stupid EoFF for closing all the great WLA threads... A pox on all the mods and there families!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

*agrees with GL*

I say you kill off the WLA and revive it at a later date like I'm doing with the Knights of Arcana!

pox on all the mods and there families!
    Have you watched Romeo and Juliet recently? lol

I say you kill off the WLA and revive it at a later date like I'm doing with the Knights of Arcana!

Yesh, WLA can still be brought back. We still have all the "good" members on MSN if we need em.

I also remember the contemplation of callng the WLA the lollipop guild.. ah the good ol' days.
    I'm quite glad I don't remember anything like that...
    Draxyle/RedMage/Windurst/Level 12+

I will never leave the WLA... even if the game gets delayed yet again... and it is supposedly gonna come out on Dec. 24, 345653 or osmething like that...

Of course I'd be playing it in spirit form... but I'd be there... oh yes... I'd be there...

Where is everyone? I thought this was gonna be a WLA re-spamming kinda thing... let's show the stupid eoff forum that we've still got it in us....

RRRRAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTAAACCCKKK!!!!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

YAY!

Originally posted by Sir Zaphier Darkhart
    YAY!