• Seymour

49 81.67%
  • Sephiroth

11 18.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the cheesier villan?

Default Who is the cheesier villan?

Seymour or Sephiroth?

I would have to say Seymourcause Sephiroth is the best FF villan ever even though FFVII is like my fourth favorite FF Its probely the best game of the lot but my 4th anyway Sephiroth is just so damn cool. He truly was evil in every way and he loved it.
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

Seymour is my vote hands down. He was too "girly" for me. Made me sick everytime he said something.

Seymour=BAD!!
    Sephiroth=AWESOME!!!
    Necromancer of the Souls.

"I have the wings, and now I can fly away."

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I'd say Seymour. In the beginning he was a lot more sly and cunning than Sephiroth (getting on the people's good side as opposed to being full-out evil), but he seemed more like an anti-hero than a villian. At the end he degenerated into your typical "I will knock you all down!" villian, which was certainly a lot cheesier than anything Sephiroth ever did.

seymour hes too damn feminin i mean sheesh look at what hes wearing its like "ooooh look at me while i neatly arrange some flowers in a very gay manor." where as sephiroth comes in kills people says something cool and walks off.

plus how uses a a f**king pole with a fan on the end as a weapon

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

How in the hell was Sephiroth Cheesy anyway!?

But yeah, I kept laughing at Seymour when I first saw him, his voice just sounds so... camp, for some sort of all powerful "Maester"

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I agree with what Skye-chan said. And just like everyone, I think Seymour is really cheesy and stereotyped. Meanwhile, Sephiroth was IMHO a great villain. Ok, let's compare some things:

*UNMARKED SPOILERS FOR FF7 AND FFX AHEAD!*

1) Personality
    - Sephiroth: before he becomes a villain, he's quite a cold though professional character, and he has his human weaknesses. That's what I thought made him a really good villain. His story and how he became evil made me feel sorry for him. And when he did become evil, he was a really ruthless and evil villain, yet he still wasn't a clichéd stereotype.
    - Seymour: before he becomes a villain, he's trying to play a nice guy but it doesn't quite work as I immediately have the feeling that he's a bad guy. And when you figure out he's a bad guy, he becomes "You impertinent fools! I will knock you all down!!", version X. Really cheesy.

2) Presentation
    - Sephiroth: the best member of SOLDIER. Highly respected by the in-game characters, and the players as well. Almost makes you kill Aeris, but when you don't do it, he slaughters her in front of your face in a horrible manner. The way how Cloud was his puppet, how he tore the powerful Midgar Zolom apart, his final battle forms etc made him seem really impressive. And of course, the fire of Nibelheim was absolutely a frightening act.
    - Seymour: a Guado. That's... supposed to be a high ranking in society, I guess. But he's never really impressive. He gets annoying quickly. He always morphs into some metallic piece of junk with a metallic voice that will rather make you think "What an idiot..." than "Waah, oh my God! That form is going to kick my a**!". You fight him too many times. In the game, even Tidus thinks he's beginning to get boring and annoying. Seymour destroying the whole Ronzo Tribe might be quite impressive, but you never got to know the Tribe or saw Seymour's powers when he was destroying them, so it doesn't touch you like Sephiroth killing Aeris did.

3) Powers
    - Sephiroth: As I said, top quality SOLDIER. Long sword. Defeats everything that stands in his way. In Nibelheim scene, he wins every battle or boss fight almost immediately. "Sephiroth was great... perhaps too great" and "Sephiroth's strength is unimaginable. He is far stronger than any of the stories about him say" are lines said by President Shinra and Cloud. The main character is his puppet many times in the game. He can create illusions with Jenova cells. He does some big-time spells to you on the final battle, like Heartless Angel and Super Nova among others.
    - Seymour: You use him for one battle, and he uses his level 2 (Fira/Blizzara/Thundara/Watera) spells pretty well, and Anima works pretty well in that FMV. Otherwise, he doesn't seem all that powerful. Usually a villain gets more power and becomes more dangerous when he turns from good to evil, but in Seymour's case, he just gets weaker when he turns evil. In your first battle against him, those same impressive level 2 spells and that powerful Anima are cakewalks for you. Later he tries something, but never really does any good. He destroyed the Ronso, yeah, but we never got to know how he did that, so we don't hear much about his powers there either. So he doesn't have any extreme powers to offer. Except that he's an Unsent, a walking lunatic zombie. In his final form, he has only level 3 spells and Ultima. That's all. Nothing really creative.

4) Achievements
    Ok, this one is actually analyzed in phases 2 and 3, but I'll still analyze this.
    Sephiroth: the highest ranking SOLDIER in the world. Burns Nibelheim. Kills Cloud's family and Tifa's father, and stabs Tifa. Stabs both Zack and Cloud. Is basically killed but he comes back by the sheer strength of his will. Kills President Shinra (ok, you can debate about that, since that might have been Jenova's piece of work too). Makes your main character give him the Black Materia. Summons Meteor and the Weapons. And lots of other things.
    Seymour: is Guado even an achievement or is that a society class to where he's born? Hmm. So he's a Maester. He seems to be in quite high esteem. But he really achieves nothing. He gets killed. He comes back and it has nothing to do with his strength. Instead, it's because Yuna couldn't send him. His Unsent body gets killed again and again. He somehow manages to destroy the Ronzo Tribe. He gets killed some more times. He tries to become a part of Sin, but Sin probably just absorbed him. He gets killed again, and finally gets sent out of Spira. Nice achievements, yeah. :rolleyes2

Overall: Sephiroth wins hands down.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When a thread concerns multiple FF games, it's good to put it in the General FF forum. *moves*

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

This poll is retarded. Seymor=teh gay

Articles

What???? No Kefka! Kefka is the king of cheesy video game villains!!!!

Even kuja's less womanly than Seymour.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Originally posted by StriderX284
    What???? No Kefka! Kefka is the king of cheesy video game villains!!!!
    Yeah, but the crucial thing is, Kefka was intended to be cheesy, whereas Seymour was meant to be a serious evil person, but instead came out wrong

seymour is a woman rather than a man i think tidus should get a bazooka t kill him :shoot:

seymour's voice was a bit homosexual i think. that whole scene in luca where he goes "i am seymour guado" creeps me out. plus sephroth is the best ff villain of all time (drags kefka back to barnum and bailys greatest show on earth)
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and in tonites performance:

Sephiroth plays the evil Psychotic King:evilking:

kefka plays some damsel in distress

and Seymour Guado plays with himself and talks in a poncey voice:goofy: