Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FFVIII: Best Final Fantasy Music?

I like 'EYES ON ME' I actually want to extract it from disc 3 so that I can play it on my PC, but I don't know how I can do that. I don't want to use my discman every time witch eats batteries as if they were nothing...
    How can I do that???
    AK-47s for everyone!

Thumbs up

Hell i love eyes on me ...it's so relaxing that i can listen it like a hundred of times....

and otherworld also is an exelent song i think ff8 y 10 are the bet final fantasy on earth....

hell yeah!!!
    ......¬¬U...

This is my favorite from 7-10.

1.) final fantasy IX (i'm sorry, but it's perfect. THAT MEANS NO FLAWS)

2.) final fantasy VII (had music that I really want to play)
    3.) final fantasy VIII and X (had some great pieces)

I would say my favorite music in FFVIII is the Dolle mission music. It kicks @$$. da, da, di da da da, di da da didada. lol. Yeah, that's my all time favorite BGM to listen to.

But don't you think the ending theme from X is good? I love it. Makes you feel all depressed though (not really...but i constatnly listen to it)

Default FFVIII: Best Final Fantasy Music?

Dazlar Bynon,
    You can download the MP3 version of Eyes on me from something like WinMX (look up the music artist Faye Wong) and listen to it on pc. That's what I did.

I love the music from FFVIII, but I'm biased because I don't like many of the other FF's. I have 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 so far, and I only like 4, 5, 7, and 8.

I love Eyes on Me because of the way it relates to the story, and the relationships of characters in it. I also love Liberi Fatali because I love that kind of music and it actually means something in relation to the story.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss.

I love Eyes On Me (it made me cry in the ending sequence) but my favourite would have to be Liberi Fatali. The opening sequence with all that latin being chanted, the fight with Seifer and Squall and those flash forwards is just incredible.
    Right and wrong are now what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

Originally posted by LovesRinoa
    Yes that is prolly one of the best in the OST. You have the lyrics?

Whenever sang my songs
    On the stage, on my own
    Whenever said my words
    Wishing they would be heard
    I saw you smiling at me
    Was it real or just my fantasy
    You'd always be there in the corner
    Of this tiny little bar

My last night here for you
    Same old songs, just once more
    My last night here with you?
    Maybe yes, maybe no
    I kind of liked it your way
    How you shyly placed your eyes on me

Oh, did you ever know?
    That I had mine on you

*Darling, so there you are
    With that look on your face
    As if you're never hurt
    As if you're never down
    Shall I be the one for you
    Who pinches you softly but sure
    If frown is shown then
    I will know that you are no dreamer

So let me come to you
    Close as I wanted to be
    Close enough for me
    To feel your heart beating fast
    And stay there as I whisper

How I loved your peaceful eyes on me
    did you ever know
    That I had mine on you

Darling, so share with me
    Your love if you have enough
    Your tears if your're holding back
    Or pain if that's what it is
    How can I let you know
    I'm more than the dress and the voice
    Just reach me out then
    You will know that you're not dreaming

I have the video to the song as it plays during the game. I love the song, and out of all the FF I've played (3,4,7,8,10), I'd say 8 has the best music, especially "Eyes on Me"

I really like the FF9 song, Melodies of life, it was quite strange but really good!
    Also the piece that is played in Pandmonium after Zidane wakes up and he's being all pessimistic, there's this really cool piece of music and I cannot remember for the life of me what it's called!!
    Right and wrong are now what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

I think the best FFVIII music is eyes on me by faye wong it is so cool!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Senna
    I really like the FF9 song, Melodies of life, it was quite strange but really good!
    Also the piece that is played in Pandmonium after Zidane wakes up and he's being all pessimistic, there's this really cool piece of music and I cannot remember for the life of me what it's called!!
    "You're not alone!" is the name of the song, and you're not alone in thinking that it's 'really cool'.

I think eyes on me is a really touching song. And it's very pretty.
    I also like Julia's theme.
    And Squalls.
    And rinoa's...
    And so on.
    But Eyes on me go all the way...

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

FF8 has it's usual share of decent tracks and cruddy tracks, like all the FFs. I actually found FF6, despite being on the SNES, as having the best overall soundtrack, as far as fitting the game and listening to outside of it goes.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

FFVIII's music seemed to give you the feeling of some kind of emotion that other Final Fantasy music didn't have. It gave you the eerie feeling with 'succession of witches', an almost dance like music with 'man with the machine gun' and soft, flowing music such as 'eyes on me'. However, I really enjoy listening to Eyes on Me (or Liberi Fatali, can't decide which is better ). But definitely, "Eyes on Me" was like what "One-Winged Angel" was to FFVII.

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...

I love to ramble!!!

I've been loving my OST ever since I got it. FFVIII has some truly amazing music, but I'd have to say that FFX's is better. Eyes on Me is a great song, but the other songs I like are "The Oath", "Succession of Witches" and "Love Grows".

Is it me, or does the main theme/melody/rhythm of Eyes on Me get repeated in a couple of songs(Waltz for the Moon, Love Grows, Julia, etc.)?? O_o
    Everything I do says you're everywhere, everywhere.

Is it me, or does the main theme/melody/rhythm of Eyes on Me get repeated in a couple of songs(Waltz for the Moon, Love Grows, Julia, etc.)?? O_o

You'd be right there. If you speed up 'waltz for the moon' it sound exactly like eyes on me. same thing goes for 'love grows'. 'Julia' is just a slower version of eyes on me. 'Balamb Garden' sounds a lot like 'Ami' too, I've noticed.

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...

I love to ramble!!!

I really loved FFVIII's soundtrack.

The FFVIII album I truly dig is it's orchestrated album "Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" They even managed to make Blue Fields a very good song orchestrated, which wasn't that great in the game. (In my opinion)