Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FFVIII: Best Final Fantasy Music?

Default song

my fav songs (i dont know the name of 1) the 1st is the song played in the opening scene, the 2nd (and im not sure if its the same as the 1st) is the song played when you vs edea and my 3rd fav is find your way

--------------------------------------------------- there is much we must find out about ourselves until then we shall destroy

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

are you people insane the only good song on FF7 was one winged angel

9 was an embarressment to all Final Fantasy the musc was quite good but i get the feeling it was rushed

overall 8 had the best soundtrack. Liberi Fatali, Maybe im a lion, Find your way, force your way, eyes on me, the lunatic pandora theme, shuffle or boogie and the extreme.

i didnt understand the FFX OST at all.

my overall
    1.VIII
    2.VII
    3.VI
    4.IX
    5.X

I personally think FFVIII has the best music out of all of the FF's. Aside from it just being better music, the sound quality skyrocketed compared to most of the previous FF's.

In FFVIII, I especially like: Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, Succession of Witches, The Castle, Ami, Premonition, and most of all Liberi Fatali!

I think VIII has absolutely the best FF musics, especially Liberi Fatali, Movin', Retaliation, Only A Plank Between One And Perdition...
    I do love Eyes On Me too, but I think it's been used a little bit too much thruout the game.
    I also love FFX's musics [A Fleeting Dream, most of all] but Uematsu didn't have such a big part making them anymore.

Honestly, I love FFIV and X-2's music the most. VI and VIII have very, very good music, but they tend to get boring after you've listened to the OST 500 times. *laughs* Anything gets boring that long in except FFIV and Sweetbox.
    It's true that before VIII all the music in FF had a midi quality sound to it, but that was never a big deal for me. I would listen for ours on end to midi versions of all video game music, and have always appreciated it even though it's of low quality. It's not really about that, to me, but the music composition itself.

I don't like most of the music from FFs VII and IX. I do like Melodies of Life, but the rest in IX sounds like poorly redone versions of old songs. Usually if something a rip-off it's still good (because you're copying something good), but IX was a disappointment. I don't even like OWA or Aeris' theme, I used to though. Aeris' theme is so bland and it never picks up. But I do like~ Yuffie's theme (or is it a town theme?). Someone told me VII's music is..... ambience in style... agree? I don't >.>

So... I'd have to say that at the time FFVIII did have the best music composition, though no one cared to focus on anything about VIII because they were too busy blahblahblahing about how ty it was compared to VII (I disagree).

(I'm sorry, is swearing prohibited here?)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

8 definatly has the best music and 7-9 are being re released on PS2 soon then itll be seen the greater music

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

. . .Why would they be rereleased?

it's not like it wouldn't cost a lot of money to make it better or that the ps2 isn't backwards compatible.

Default Ending theme FF8?

So, I'm sure others have noticed this, but my question is does anybody know why?

In the ending theme of Final Fantasy 8, (For those with the sound track, Disc 4 Track 11) where it plays several different songs as the end story plays out and credits are shown, one of the songs it plays is the prologue from Final Fantasy 4. If you haven't noticed this, it happens in the middle of the credits, or about 5/8 of the way through the ending theme track.

Anybody know why Nobuo (or whoever completed the compilation) chose to do this? Any speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by durnurd
    So, I'm sure others have noticed this, but my question is does anybody know why?

In the ending theme of Final Fantasy 8, (For those with the sound track, Disc 4 Track 11) where it plays several different songs as the end story plays out and credits are shown, one of the songs it plays is the prologue from Final Fantasy 4. If you haven't noticed this, it happens in the middle of the credits, or about 5/8 of the way through the ending theme track.

Anybody know why Nobuo (or whoever completed the compilation) chose to do this? Any speculation?
    Oh, you don't know? The Prologue or FFTheme (not to be confused with the crystal theme) has been one of the many trademarks of FF including Cid, Chocobos, Moogles, etc. It has been in every game since FF1.
    As far as I recall, though, it plays when crossing the bridge in FF1, leaving Baron castle in FF2/4, and during the ending credits in FF's 6+.
    It really no mystery why Nobuo used the song in VIII, just as he did in all the other FFs.

Default Never noticed

I had never noticed it before...only in 4 and 8. But it's really in all of them? Huh.

to Quistis Trepe:
    How can anyone like the music of FFX-2? It's crappy teenage pop. Uematsu didn't even make it, so it can't count as real FF-music.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Auronhart
    (FFIX has about 2 awesome tracks
    No, FFIX have 8 awesome tracks! You Are Not Alone, Rose of May, Glurgurg Volcano, The Dark Messenger, The Final Battle, Melodies of Life, Normal Battle and A Place to Call Home.

However... FFVIII have: Normal Battle, Force Your Way, The Legendary Beast, The Extreme, Eyes on Me, Ride On, The Man With the Machinegun, Liberi Fatali, Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, The Stage is Set, The Landing, Maybe I'm a Lion, Premonition and ofcourse... Shuffle or Boogie!!! :joey:

Now... that's 14 awesome tracks!!! Oh, well... some people may not considre Shuffle or Boogie awesome. But it's still 13 awesome tracks.

And really... The Stage is Set is EXTREMELY underrated. I actually think it's like the 3th best track in the FF8 OST.

Oh... and yes... the FFVIII is nothing but awesome... to tell the least. But FFIX also have some REALLY awesome tracks out of those 8... like "The Dark Messenger" and You are Not Alone. And Melodies of Life> Eyes on Me.
    But FFVIIIs OST is still better though.

Edit:
    FFIX have 9 awesome tracks. I forgot about "Black Mage Village" Seriously... that one is also pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 01-11-2005 at 07:59 PM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked ffx-2's music. Well, a lot of it.

Paine's theme scares me though.

I like the sorta dark mission theme, it plays in the cave in besaid.

that's beside 1000 words and real emotion, which I also like. *shrugs* For a while, I was half convinced the theme in mi'ihen was the exact same one as ffx, so I had to load it up to make sure I was wrong

i love the ff8 and ff10 music the most, but out of the 2 i would have to say that 8 has the best overall music, 10 has some good pieces, (yunas theme, to zanrakand etc) but mostly its the same tunes just remixed over again. the songs that stood out for me on the 8 soundtrack where

blue fields
    shuffle or boogie
    man with a machine gun
    julia
    under her control
    fragments of memrories
    ami
    the oath
    and of course eyes on me
    "We cling to out secrets, our doubts, our memories... We're never able to put them aside. Even though they confuse us, there are some things we can only find in that confusion. I think... Its okay to feel that way" Yuna *FFX-2*

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

FF8 has so manyt good tracks listen to the OST plz

Overture, the extreme maybe i'm a lion, find your way, don't be afraid, Dance with the balamb fish, Liberi Fatali, Ride on, the legendery beast, Lunatic Pandora, the castle and eyes on me. you cannot beat any of those tracks Final Fantasy 8 has the gratest Sountrack in ive listened too, Nobuo Uematsu was in top form even the MIDI versions are good too! Final Fantasy 9 was a big let down i thought it would surpass 8 in every way but it didnt in my ppinion 7 and 8 are the best 4 isnt so bad though 6 is confusing but still good but overall 7 and 8 rock and are 2 of the 3 ff games being remodelled for Playstation 2!