Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The origins behind the names.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Well, I'd say it really really derives from Gepeto's pet cat in the Disney animation of Pinocchio.
    That's what I always thought!
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Makes sense, really, since they're moles with bat wings
    Actualy NO when I look at Moogles I see a cat or something which might be how they got the name MOG who knows!

The name TERRA means earth ut that might just be a wooslyism

CYAN is a language for blue (Again I forgot!)and blue is the colour of Cyan's amour so it works!

Strago's surname MAGUS Can either be 1 a Zoroastrian preist 2: one of the three wise men in the bible or 3: a type of magican make of it what you will but the 3rd meaning is best or there is a chance hewas named after:magus:
    but thats unlikly

Shadow and Relm are self explantory

I have now Idea if I was reviving but this hasn't realy bean DEAD and if it has i don't think it has for long! so...

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

To the best of my knowledge the Bible doesn't mention how many magi there are, or even their names. Since there are three gifts (gold, frankincense and myrrh)
    the tradition is there are three magi. On a side note myrrh was a lousy gift for a young child (embalming perfume!)

Monster Magician Fiero Firestorm's Avatar

Remember, the New Testament was compiled some 300 years after Christ's death [apparently], so it isn't exactly correct.

Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
    Actualy NO when I look at Moogles I see a cat or something which might be how they got the name MOG who knows!
    Yeah. You're creative senses are more important than the people who created and named the characters.

Bibbity-Bobbity-Whoops! Alusiasa's Avatar

Originally posted by Spatty-poo-poo
    Oh, and Loki, it's father, wasn't actually a God, but one of the Giants that were constantly at war with the Norse Gods.
    Actually, Loki was a god. He was the child of Odin and a Giantess.

Originally posted by BG-57
    On a side note myrrh was a lousy gift for a young child (embalming perfume!)
    The three gifts were for the different stages of Jesus' life (at least that's what my preacher said), frankincense for his birth, gold for his life, and the myrrh for his death. I don't know if that's the truth but anyhow, it's what I was taught.

How has this entire conversation gone on without Cefka/Kefka = Franz Kafka being mentioned? Perhaps I just missed it... *searches desparately*

Because the character principles Kefka embodies has nothing to do with Kafka's works? They're only similar in that they are absurd.

... and the fact that The Metamorphosis is a song in FF6 often played while Keffy is around, as well as one of Kafka's books. The fact that Kefka uses a quote or paraphrases a quote of Kafka's (though I'm not sure which one off the top of my head).

Obviously I'm not trying to infer that Kefka IS Kafka, just that the name may have originated from him.