Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FMV's

Default Re: FMV's

Originally posted by LovesRinoa
    If anyone knows a process that I can do to convert these to a more user friendly format, without losing any quality and also keeping the size as small as the str. If you know how please let me know!
    I use FF8FMV to extract bink files (*.bik) from the discs.
    You can download this @ http://www.qhimm.com/#ff8fmv
    To convert these files I use Rad Video Tools.
    You can download this @ http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
    AK-47s for everyone!

I managed to rip the FMV's off of my discs but when I try to conver them a popup says I need a plug-in that was not detected. Did i do soemthing wrong.

I don't know what your problem is...

As I mentioned allready the files that I extract are *.bik format, these can be played with Binkplay.exe whitch is included when you download FF8FMV. The intro in *.bik is 47.5MB compared to 65MB with *.str files according to LovesRinoa's post. If you want to edit them you are likely to need to convert them first, for this I use Rad Video tools, you can even use a codec if I'm not mistaking. If you have problems I will need more information (programs, filetypes and the like)
    AK-47s for everyone!

Hey Dazlar does this program work for the Playstation version? If so where are the .pak files? My FFVIII PLaystation discs have .img files

How can't you just love her...??

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Irvine! Comfortable whether in social settings or
    home on the range, you're easygoing and have a good heart.
    That is one reason everyone seems to adore you. But
    sometimes you feel like people don't see the real you
    behind that cowboy hat.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

Sorry I don't know, maybe they are inside the image-file (normally .img means image) whitch would mean you'd have to extract it first.
    But as I said: I don't know!

I always wondered if the 4 discs would be the same, and the install disc was mainly an emu (and chocobo world) but it seems there not!
    AK-47s for everyone!

So in your initial post you should have made the point that it was for PC and not Playstation. .pak is a PC file, I doubt an extraction of the image would reveal a .pak. Maybe I check sometime today.

How can't you just love her...??

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Irvine! Comfortable whether in social settings or
    home on the range, you're easygoing and have a good heart.
    That is one reason everyone seems to adore you. But
    sometimes you feel like people don't see the real you
    behind that cowboy hat.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!