Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *gasp!* FF11 beta test signup unveiled

Not necisarily. They actually really like it if you run a fan site. I run one for Blizzard (www.azeroth-times.net) and as such have gotten in the WC3 beta, WC3 expansion beta, have access to a web version of GB 3 vikings release and have been told that I'm pretty much guaranteed in the World of Warcraft beta. Now Square and blizzard may have different polocies but I think they would be encouraging the fan sites rather than discouraging :mog:
    -Xanedon-

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain ... Time to roll the dice." -Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time, Fires of Heaven

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

Just signed up for the PS2. Man, I so wanna get in on this.
    Last edited by Blackmage; 04-17-2003 at 02:59 PM.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

signups are still open. man, when do you think we'll get word?? I'm waiting impatiently. hehe

Just a question. I have been wondering why a fansite would be a plus when being considered for a beta testing spot. The beta's i've been a part of in the past have required you to sign an NDA thus keeping you from posting anything about the game or your beta license is revoked. just a thought, i'm sure that after the NDA is lifted a fan site is a good thing to have. But i wouldn't wanna have beta testers doggin my game while in beta form on their site.

Not sure what the exact reasoning is behind it. But from what I can tell its a *reward* for us paying for the domain names and essentially giviing them free advertising. By doing the NDA we can't gripe about bugs and stuff since most of those should get worked out before the actual release anyway. In blizzards case they set up a special forum on their website for beta testers to go in and sound off out of the view of everyone else so as not to violate the NDA. This also lets them address issues for the fansites and then of course we get to give our input on the direction the game is going.
    -Xanedon-

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain ... Time to roll the dice." -Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time, Fires of Heaven

very cool. makes sense now that i was recently selected for the Star wars galaxies beta and have seen the restricted beta forums etc.. man, has anyone been chosen for FFXI yet??

No, they have yet to say who's a tester and who's not.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

But they have closed the sign-ups from what I understand.

Yup the application period has ended. I believe I read at ign.com that the beta testing was going to start either in June or July. I'll go see if I can dig that story up.

If that's the case hopefully we'll be getting some sort of indication as to whether or not we were accepted.

Only way you'll know is if you get accepted (I'm in SWG too btw) Usually if you don't get picked you'll just never hear from em. Ah well. *crosses fingers*
    -Xanedon-

I singed up for the beta test a when I first heard of it. I relly hope I get picked for it.

Smile

Well I can put some minds at ease. The PS2 acceptance letter has been sent out. I know this because I got one
    Beta Testing is starting in June, and upon sending back the kit in good conditions they are sending each tester a public Hard Drive for doing the Beta Test.

Anyone else that has heard back, come post in the new thread I will be starting... especially if you are planning to start in Windurst like me

Good luck to everyone!

w00t bumpage!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please don't bump threads.