Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If FFVIII became a movie... (maybe spoilers)

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default If FFVIII became a movie... (maybe spoilers)

Would you like FFVIII to be a movie? I think it would be great as a movie!

If FFVIII Did become a movie...

1. Would you want it all in CG mode

or

2.Would you want it with actors? If so what actors should play who?

If it was made with actors the guy who played Anakin Skywaker in starwars should SO play Seifer! What do you think?

As much as the film would be absolutely delightful to watch...well we all know EXACTLY how the story goes...so for us it would not be so much fun! At least we could share the delights with the rest of humanity though!

as much as i love FF VIII i think it should just stay the way it is as an awsome game...
    Terry

Ready to cut loose...?

Time wont wait on us

I think it would be a totally awesome movie! I even think you're right about thet Anakin Skywalker kid as Seifer. hmm.... Who to play Squall... No Clue. Who do you all think should be him/Rinoa?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well I have the picture of the person, who square supposedly decided to model Rinoa after. She can act too!

I attached the pictures of her ^.^
    Last edited by Rye; 04-13-2003 at 01:34 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry I double Posted, but this is the only way I can get the attachment on ^.^

...well we all know EXACTLY how the story goes...
    No one said they had to make the movie with the same exact story of FFVIII. What about after the end. They could make a story out of the events following the end of the game. Does Laguna and his two buddies go out and kick some ass? get in some bar fights? and squall n rinoa get married.. what about selphie? whos she hook up wit? irvine? i always liked selphie, if rinoa wasnt in the game she would be my girl. I think they would have no problem making a fresh story with the characters from FFVIII.

As far as cgi or actors... well i dunno there. i bet they could do a sweet job with cgi. i cant think of any actors who could play them well. Id rather see CGI.

How can't you just love her...??

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Irvine! Comfortable whether in social settings or
    home on the range, you're easygoing and have a good heart.
    That is one reason everyone seems to adore you. But
    sometimes you feel like people don't see the real you
    behind that cowboy hat.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

...well we all know EXACTLY how the story goes...
    Yeah, but they ALWAYS change things in movies. Maybe they could take out a few scenes or add a few.

Also it could the story can be like what LovesRinoa said. I'd love to see if Irvine and Selphie hook up. And Zell and the girl with the pigtail. And Quistis and the Trepie Dude! ^.^

Blog Entries

If Hayden Christionson [sp?] (Anakin in Stars War Ep.2) played Seifer. I wouldn't care much for it.

He looks the part but he really really can't act. Especially at the parts where he was supposedly pissed off. A person who can't get pissed off shouldn't be a guy playing Seifer.

I like the idea of actors in this FFVIII movie topic. Otherwise, it'll just feel like the game. They probably have to take out heaps of scenes since FFVIII is a 20 hour game if you rush through.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

A person who can't get pissed off shouldn't be a guy playing Seifer.
    Yeah. Especially with the "I'm not a boy!" scene ^.^

I dunno who squall should be... Maybe Kristin Dynce (s/p) can play Quistis. Kristin played Mary-Jane in Spiderman, and she kinda looks the part.

god, i'd say no movie please, at least no real-person.

i think all the memebers on this board ever saw the cos-play, right? how's ur feeling? those cosplayers are definately nightmare. i cant put up with them.
    this gorgeous game has given us deep and very first impressions, not easy for us to switch our thinking to movie then. Secondly, the very tough thing must be actors.....oh, i cant image now, who will be Squall? who will be Rinoa? who will be our charming Quistis? i think the easiest one to be found shoud be CID, right? lol

if they wanna make it with CG mode, i think that would be ok, (grudging)
    2003 Honda S2000

Grand Prix white exterior
    whole blue leather interior;amuse R1 ti dual exhausts; amuse frontlip; mugen CF hood;mugen MF10 alloy 17' rim ; mugen hardtop;C'west sidekit;red honda emblem; ARC intake; ARC ti shiftknob and ARC GT wing

Well if it were live action I betcha that Tom Arnold would play as Ward.

LIVE ACTION MOVIES BASED ON VIDEO GAMES AND ANIME TEND TO SUCK.

i dont think square will be doing cgi final fantasy movies for a while...i like the idea of real live characters better anyway. except you know theyd all look 25 and be 17 or 18 in the movie. I think Angelina Jolie should play Selphie. but thats just me......:joey:

Originally posted by DanteColdAndKicking
    ..........I think Angelina Jolie should play Selphie. but thats just me......:joey:

she?? no,no,hehe

i have said that it's really too hard to match eachother
    2003 Honda S2000

Grand Prix white exterior
    whole blue leather interior;amuse R1 ti dual exhausts; amuse frontlip; mugen CF hood;mugen MF10 alloy 17' rim ; mugen hardtop;C'west sidekit;red honda emblem; ARC intake; ARC ti shiftknob and ARC GT wing

They could make CGIs off real life actors, but please, how hard would it be to find actors that can both act and look like the characters, besides I can imagine myself laughing my head off at the way the costumes would look on them. You can only express the total coolness of something in an animation, I'll stick with that!
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Squall!
    A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you
    may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you
    are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your
    hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in
    the eyes of the opposite sex.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!