Thread: I'd like som pointers to get started here.

Default I'd like som pointers to get started here.

Well, this will be my first time playing this game seriously. I've played it (well....) before, but just to check it out.

So, any recommendations on Jobs and such?
    What Jobs to use, which to stay away from, when to change from one Job to another, you know, stuff like that.
    Thanks.

And there is something i wanna try.
    In some of the Final Fantasies i've played, the men stands for the brawn and the women for the brain (when appliciable), when it comes to classes/jobs (FF IX and FF X comes to mind).
    I wanna do it the other way around.

Am i just being really stupid and deserves a good whack in te head?
    Am i creating unnessecary challanges for myself, or is this just an interesting playingstyle....
    I'll leave that up to you.
    Picking a lock is much like picking your nose; if you're successfull you're gonna end up with some sort of reward.

Almost all jobs serve a valid purpose in the game. White Mage for healing, obviously. Knight or monk for fighting. Theif for stealing.

I would strongly suggest learning Blue Magic, it makes the game much easier. Job levels/abilitiers are more important than character levels.

Its a good Idea to lean many jobs, and spend time learning abilities. Yep.

Blue Mage is definitely good to learn. along with the other magics besides song. Alot of times you choose jobs depending on what you need to do at diferent points in the game. also, mediator's "control" is great with blue mage. Also, don't worry about mastering anything until near the end of the game.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Try and get everyone up to a level 2 Monk as soon as you can. It may take a while but it is worth it for BareFisted.

I'll suggest some early combos that have worked for me:

Butz: Time Mage, Ninja.

Lenna: White Mage, Black Mage.

Galuf: Monk, Black Mage.

Faris: Blue Mage Summoner.

Teaming up a master Ninja with a Samurai is good because double weapons suit the Samurai quite good.
    In the end it is up to you, but those have worked for me.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

blue mage is really unnecessary. I tend to go heavy on the physical fighters in this game and have one character alternate learning black and white magic. Don't bother with the Red Mage for now. Knight is obviously good, but also Mystic Knight and Samurai are very powerful, and Thief is worth developing. Other jobs like Dancer, Bard, and trainer (mediator) are also interesting and actually capable of a meaningful contribution. Berserker and Geomancer are pretty pointless most of the time.

I would concentrate on each character learning a unique set of 2-4 jobs through the first half of the game or more. This will make you versatile, and once you get to the later stages you can spend time learning more jobs and mastering.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Early on, I did this:

Bartz:Knight

Reina:White Mage

Galuf:Black Mage(I tell a lie, I went crazy giving him jobs, but I shudda stuck with BM)

Faris:Knight

later on:

Bartz:Still Knight

Reina:Summoner

Galuf:Time Mage

Faris:Still Knight

People may say this is cheesy or lame, but it isn't. I took down the last boss with the lowest stats I have seen on this forum (I posted them somewhere on this board, have a look around on the last two pages referring to any stat-based thing)

Obviously, I did make characters different jobs occasionally for different challenges. For some reason, my Reina is a Lv 6 thief!

This si the party I take.

Bartz= Knight

Reina= White Mage

Galuf = It's hard to decide his job but I got him as a Black Mage.

Faris = Thief

After I got Krile, it changed a bit.

Bartz = still a Knight (he was born to be)

Reina = Black Mage (It doesn't match but I have to get at least one black mage)

Krile = White mage (Look at those cute ears.)

Okay.

I'm about to leave for Galufs World and the stup is as follows.

Bartz = Blue Mage, White Mage

Reina = Knight, Sorcerer (Mystic Knight)

Galuf = Ninja, Thief

Faris = Trainer, Time Mage, Geomancer
    Picking a lock is much like picking your nose; if you're successfull you're gonna end up with some sort of reward.