Thread: you cried

you cried

Hi! I'm new to this board and happy to be here. it's nice to finally find a place that has good final fantasy information updated regularly Anyway! I beat final fantasy x a few months ago, but towards the last 3/4 of the game my playstation 2 started acting weird so i'm not sure if I missed something or not. I've been wondering, what was the point of the parts where the fayth would show up and say something like "you cried" or "they lost because of you and you cried!" (sorry I don't remember the exact words, it's been too long since I finished it!) but I guess I was just wondering if anyone could give me any insight on what was going on I guess, what they were talking about? Thanks!
    Rikki

I'm probally wrong but I just assumed that the fayth were saying that out of randomness and sort of building up Tidus' past on how he acted before and sort of revealed they know all about him and his past seeingas how (SPOILER)He is a dream made by them

Oh ya and welcome to the forums. *enforces*
    This space intentionally left blank.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hi! Welcome to the forums! ^.^

I think it was auron who said that they lost the game, than the fayth said you cried. I think that's the beggining of the game.

Seems to me it was a method of amplifying the impact of the "spoiler" mentioned by Bahamut2000X. It's more meaningful if the fayth has been hanging around throughout the game, making strange comments, as opposed to simply appearing and revealing the truth from out of nowhere.

Ah, that's gotta be why I didn't care so much for FF8. Then that's straightened out.

What maverick said, pretty much. 78% atmosphere, the rest unreal.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

It could be another clue that Bahamut and Jecht are the same person, of course that's just a theory, but presumably if Jecht became a faith at least some of the others might have known Tidus through Jecht.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Phoenix 17: I thought (SPOILER)Jecht became Braska's Final Aeon? That Bahamut-kid was the one who lurked around Tidus, didn't look much like Jecht at all in my eyes... *Shrug* Ok, I suppose appearances aren't too good indicators in japanese videogames...
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You're right Silent Warrior, but I remember a while back someone had a good theory on how Jecht = Bahamut. Like at the end where Jecht and the little aeon guy were talking in unison.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Yeh the theory was that the kid was a young Jecht. There was quite a lot that pointed to it. Jecht does become Braska's Final Aeon, but there's more than just a faith in an Aeon (though I forget the other ingredients).

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey, thats a pretty good theory. I never thought about, but it does make sense. Maybe we will find out in FFX-2.

*Rips head off to stop it from spinning* Ow.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tidus is the subject matter expert in crying. So it should be about him.