Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...help... HOW THE F*** DO YOU KILL LADY YUNALESCA?!

Default ...help... HOW THE F*** DO YOU KILL LADY YUNALESCA?!

How do you beat lady Yunalesca? I always run out of magic and Items because I try to heal my characters.

--Help--

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I don't remember exactly what I did, but the most important thing to do is NOT heal Zombie status. In one of her later forms, she'll use an attack that instantly kills everyone, so Zombie will help prevent that. Not healing Zombie means that your magic can be used for better things, like Protect, Shell and Haste.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Use HOLY! Holy does so much on her. And don't use your Aeons until her 3rd form, your gonna need them for protection!

Yeah Yunalesca was kinda difficult for me, since I didn't take the time to recharge my aeon's overdrive after the previous boss battle. All I can say is this: make sure two ppl have Zombie in their status and one without, so when she kills everybody with Death, only one will go down instead of two or three. She'll use Zombie a lot but her magic isn't so strong. THat's the good news. Don't be afraid to have a bad status on your characters. Better than death, yah?

The phoenix down trick is a hoax btw.

Aeons. Whoever said she's vulnerable to ice...blah! It's not as great as Holy magic. Luckily 4 out of my 7 characters reached the end of their sphere grid: Auron, Rikku, Yuna, and Lulu. But with the magic booster and half MP, I could only cast Flare 3 times. Oh well. If you can, save Bahamut for last and be sure she's somewhere around 20,000 HP left before using it.

Isn't her final form scary? Rated PG game my arse.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lol, She looks like Medusa from a movie I saw when I was little!

After I saw that I kinda thought Squaresoft was going crazy, for showing her!

pfft... she was easy, just use holy and aeons... then have auron and tidus hack away at her with attacks....................

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I remember correctly, she can be poisoned too.

i dont think she can be, seymoure flux can be though

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

She ws easy for me, but after all I trained in Zanarkand for almost a day.

I found this very good method in an FAQ for if you're having trouble:

have Rikku on overdrive and mix Trio of 9999 (look it up if u don't know it), then use a water gem to kill her 1st form, Slice & Dice for her second and then use Attack Reels on her final form, this will kill her without her even getting an attack in.

And before you say it she WILL cast Megadeath on you but since you will all be Zombied from before it shall miss

Try using deathproof shields...

You know how hard that is to get?

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
    Lol, She looks like Medusa from a movie I saw when I was little!

After I saw that I kinda thought Squaresoft was going crazy, for showing her!
    I Know what your talking about the movie was Called "clash of the titans"

But since were talking about that steal from her you'll :o Zzz (item is worth it)
    attack her you'll be blind
    cast spells on her and you will shut up

Dono Arigato Macwere San for the sweat signature and avatar

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hated Yunalesca's First Form! I can't stand Status Attacks! When I fight Yunalesca I wait until her second form, than steal Stamina Tablets (makes your HP go up to 9999, I think) than I'm unstopable!

despite high evasion and high defenses, seeing my mages with less than 2500 HP really makes me worry. And thats their DEFAULT max hp (you could always continue with the sphere grid). Yeah, and since critical status gives you nil, I always worry. In FF8, critical status increases so many stats and chances.

I didn't like Yunalesca's status attacks, so I figured it best to dish out your overdrives in her first form and end it as soon as possible. Aeons can come later in the battle, and note that if you have your characters almost at the end of their default sphere grid, having a zombie effect won't hurt you too bad because Regen only hits one person, and her mag. attack is low.