Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heroines always getting the weaker weapons

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

*is in awe that there was an answer that didn't involve high velocity toddlers*

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Thumbs up

Even though FFXI is an MMORPG and you can chose the race and stuff, men and women have an equal value in the game. The Mithra are an only women race (actually the men stay in the town and the women go to fight for some reason, lazy?) and they have great advantages. But this refers back to the point of muscle, the Mithra are very fast but lack a little in attack. The Galka are an only male race (Cloning? Budding?), but they are very slow but strong. But good news for women is that the Female Elvaan can use scyths (spelling?, and other cool lokking weapons, but the jobs are the thing that distinguish weapons not gender (except Mithra and Galka. Good thing that there is not an only male or only female thing (maybe?) for us to bicker about, except like FFt with Dancer and Bard.
    You can't spell failure without U R A- Statving Artist/ If anyone can, will they put the top up left square of http://www.geocities.com/themoombas/layout.jpg onto a site and tell me

edczxcvbnm, you make me laugh. I don't know if you're being a troll, but you cannot win against strong women.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Originally posted by Imperia
    edczxcvbnm, you make me laugh.
    Whoa...are you coming on to me

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
    Whoa...are you coming on to me
    She might want to make babies with you.

Default girls just wanna have fun

Let the girls have there fun we got too many male heros like Cloud, Squill(not spelt), Zadine and Tidus and now Yuna is gonna be the best heroine... ever

Dono Arigato Macwere San for the sweat signature and avatar

Originally posted by Sephex
    Really? *excitement level...rising* XD

Originally posted by Sephex

Oh, please. With HIM? No way. I'd rather go for a man who is not sexist, and another thing, I don't want children. They're too much of a hassel for me. So just leave me be.

Originally posted by Imperia
    Oh, please. With HIM? No way. I'd rather go for a man who is not sexist, and another thing, I don't want children. They're too much of a hassel for me. So just leave me be.
    I am no sexist and gave no indication of being one baby

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
    I am no sexist
    I dont think edczxcvbnm is sexist, it is true that women are mostly weaker than men, not because they were born like that (that was for someones argument who i cant remember the name of now) but because they dont do as much excersice in their whole life as men do, but i for one am an exception, i am male and am pretty weak, and that is because i didnt get enough vitamins and proteins as a little child, i am obviously gonna start working out when i stop growing cause work out causes loss of growth. Therefore i am damn tall, and anyone who messes with me, i can easilly scare them away if i just stand on my tip toes a bit.

But i do have to agree that it is unfair that most of the MAIN characters are male and there are hardly any female characters, i think people will back me up on that issue. But women! You will have Yuna (and remember parasite eve 1 and 2? and resident evil 1, 2, 3, 4, and zero where you choose, and Devil may cry 2) and from all the videos i have seen of FFX-2, SHES GONNA KICK SOME ASS!!!!!!! So be happy

There are exceptions such as in FFV, and a lot of other games, but Butz was really close on beeing the main character.

I hope people will see it that way and let the sexist discussion come to an end. I do think there should be more female main Heroines so that we can have a change and so that all them lovely ladies will have something to be pleased about in games.

GO YUNA GO YUNA!!!!!
    Last edited by Croyles; 04-24-2003 at 12:00 AM.

All right now edczxcvbnm, you're not sexist. I just thought the second time you were being serious. Online, it's hard for me to indentify which post is a joke and which is serious. I hope there are no hard feelings. I'm not overly-serious. I love fun, really.
    Anyway, like many of you said, Yuna, Rikku, and Paine have got great weapons in FFX-2. I'm glad they're finally breaking some of those out-of-date FF traditions. I can't wait to see all three heroines kick some butt!

uhhmmm you guys are seriously leaving out a HUGE piece of final fantasy heroinism... Tactics.. this plays a huge role in this conversation... all the female squires at the soldier offices are ALWAYS 100 gil less then the men... making it seem as if the women are worth less than men,.... i consider myself anti-sexist for a few reasons.. i am 16 , and have yet to get some (must be the hair.. hah yeah right). and i think because females "mature faster", give birth, and have crappy weapons, there should be an FF game with only girls in it... althogh FF8 comes close, because Irvine is a pussy, and zells always go those rosie cheeks from being pissed. and need i say anyting about squall? the only reason hes not gay, is because rinoa pimped him out in that dance scinematic near the beginning of the game... and by the way, setting damage aside.. whats worng with a chakram, nanchaku, and a whip.. or a stick.. hey.. this is just me, but a stick usually means i cast spells.. and im more than happy with that... BRING ON THE STICKS!!! take away my shear trigger, and my broadswords, and my fancy axes... a bow, or a stick is my ideal wepaon.. ( oh yes, excuse me.. a *WAND*......dork... lol)

Celes, anyone?
    *Searching for XCalber*