Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shocked!

Angry Shocked!

Shockingly, today i was checking out gamesradar.com, and to my horror i found a very poor review of final fantasy X.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/def...023&pagetype=2

Disturbed!!!
    I thought that life was real, but i guess it's no big deal

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

*gasps!*

@.@ I'm surprised! I thought the game was the best (FFX and FFVIII ARE MY FAVS!) Oh well their opinion I guess :grr: ...

Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
    @.@ I'm surprised! I thought the game was the best (FFX and FFVIII ARE MY FAVS!) Oh well their opinion I guess :grr: ...
    You havent played the earlier FFs before FF8. You need to know the series' roots to truly understand the article.

I agree with alot of what the article says, expect for the fact that FF10 was a bad game. It was pretty good.

But, yeah, I really don't agree with the way Square-Enix is taking the series. But I'll actually see what develops before I form an actual opinion.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

They do have a point, because FFX was more like an interactive movie than a real game. It wasn't totally up to par, but I still liked it. The linearity was a nice break from the other FFs. I just hope they don't continue that with FF12.

Ha. There's always a poor review of every Final Fantasy. Just haven't seen X yet. In 8 and 9, [spoilers]they call Zidane and Kuja gay bros and Squall as "dickless, and thus...". Also they make a lot of derogatory stuff about the characters and brag about how bad the producers were to make the game, like "Hmmmm. The game is short. I know! Let's lower the time it takes to create monsters[/spoilers]! I find it best not to trust those kinda reviews. Then again, I trust noone. Best to play for yourself.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Woah! They said that about ZIDANE!? He the last person I would expect of that...

I like to read reviews but I don't trust them.

I have played it, and think its really good; so I emailed a guy who works on the website that put across that review (not related to the website, review was from a magazine) and asked him, shouldnt you check things out before you air them on your website. The magazine seem content with trying to make themselves look good by putting down games, that no-one who works for them could possibly imagine creating.

Sorry for the harsh words, but thats how i feel. Although i guess, as rikkuyuna89 said, "there entitled to there opinion:grr:
    Ha

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I disagree with the review. That's all I have to say, really.

Remember - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah... Why don't we all just go find good reviews and post them ^.^

Swish.......

http://www.epinions.com/content_55595667076
    Looks like you have to look for kids to find people with brains

Exactly

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's a good review! ^.^

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I agree what Mr. Graves said pretty much.

FFX as a game, is a good game, an outstanding game in fact, but as a Final Fantasy, it is poor.

I quote RikkuYuna89 here

@.@ I'm surprised! I thought the game was the best (FFX and FFVIII ARE MY FAVS!)
    You've only played 3 Final Fantasys, correct me if I am wrong, so that's not really a lot to go on in terms of comparisions to other FFs.

But, EVERY Final Fantasy has been a superb game, although compared to each other, some are poor, although which ones are down to personal opinion, of course. I for one disliked FF8 the most, then FFI then FFX (like the sig says, FF3 is what I am currently trying to complete, but my opinion of that currently isn't too high...)

But, that was a GamesRadar review. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Final Fantasy X was one of the four(?) games nominated in the GamesRadar game of the year at the gamestars awards. OK, so it didn't win(I think it was Halo that won) but why would they do that if they hated it so much?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

GamesRadar contradict themselves every day. It's a farce.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

You've only played 3 Final Fantasys, correct me if I am wrong, so that's not really a lot to go on in terms of comparisions to other FFs.
    Yeah, a very little bit of FF7. I'm planning on playing more, but I can't find them. The oldest ones I can find are FF1 and FF2. But, that was a GamesRadar review.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Final Fantasy X was one of the four(?) games nominated in the GamesRadar game of the year at the gamestars awards. OK, so it didn't win(I think it was Halo that won) but why would they do that if they hated it so much?
    They must hate all the rest more.