Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last FF?

Default Last FF?

Some idiots at Gamefaqs messgae board were saying that FFXIII was to be the last because of superstition. But the Japanese do not consider the number 13 to be an unlucky number, they consider 4 to be.
    You can't spell failure without U R A- Statving Artist/ If anyone can, will they put the top up left square of http://www.geocities.com/themoombas/layout.jpg onto a site and tell me

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFs are here to stay for a long time, hopefully. I don't know which'll be the last - it's kind of hard to imagine or estimate. I mean, when will the last James Bond movie get made? It's going to happen, but not any time soon.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

I dunno, unless they do something pretty drastic Bond movies are gonna get pretty stupid. I mean the gadgets have gone to far. It's not too many steps before he just pushes a button and a robot goes and kills the bad guy. Don't even start on the female leads in Die Another Day...

But FFs, they seem pretty safe, the last two have been a bit dull, but that's just my opinion, and they aren't really limited for ideas. Plus technological advancements allow new things to be done all the time.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The FF's will end when people stop buying them. So.. never.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

as long as there's Square there will be FF and as long as there's FF, there will be Square. So NEVER
    **insert catchy sig**

I 100% agree with Gau

the final fantasy series is here to stay, they are making too much money from it, why would they stop

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

They'd only stop if the series stopped selling well, and that would only happen if people were sick of the games. That would only happen if the games were too repetative (as in too much like each other). I don't see that happening, as Square pretty much knows that this would kill the series. Can you imagine what it'd be like if the games never incorporated any new play mechanics since the first one? There'd be no reason at all to play any games other than the first!

I also heard a rumor that one of the reasons they started FFXI is that they were low on money, I hope that's a rumor
    You can't spell failure without U R A- Statving Artist/ If anyone can, will they put the top up left square of http://www.geocities.com/themoombas/layout.jpg onto a site and tell me

So that was why IV wasn't that great.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Well, FF:TSW absolutely raped their finances since it cost millions and only got back a bit of the production costs. Since then, Square have been in financial trouble; why do you think they merged with Enix? Seriously; Enix are the biggest selling RPG company in Japan; they haven't made any stupid moves with their franchises and they're loaded to say the least. Squaresoft was scraping along with next to no money for a while. Now, with FFX, KH and FFXI, not to mention all the FFX spinoffs (i.e. all the different versions), Square have somewhat recovered their expenses, but can they keep it up? Well, why do you think Kingdom Hearts happened? Disney = loaded. Disney + Squaresoft = guaranteed hit. Kingdom Hearts = loads of money for Squaresoft.

Squaresoft are now creating a series within a series with FFX-2, dropping hints of sequels to past games (though they really are unlikely to ever happen) and have a KH series set to stretch out in front of us. Christ, what they're doing is profiteering!

All of these things suggest to me that they need money... BUT this is all just theory and I'm hardly up-to-date on the news so this could all be totally wrong (and probably is =P)
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sounds accurate enough.
    Still, as long as they're producing a quality product, who cares about 'profiteering'? If they decend to the level of producing rush-job, bug-ridden, incomplete trash just because they think it'll make a quick buck, then they'll deserve to lose business. If they take their time and give each title the attention and devotion it deserves, then they're sure to stay on top of the game.

Final Fantasy's strongpoint amongst a lot of other games has been its storyline. Other contributing effects would have to include its longetivity, its pioneering in computer graphical arts (honestly, it has become a major implement in the game), and a little bit on difficulty. i'm not saying this is the absolute case, I'm just saying what the strongpoints of the series is.

The thing is that customers look at FF for its revolutionous design. FF7 was probably a popular game because of its revolution on the Playstation System. FF8 for its revolutionary realistic view of a fantastical world. FF9 excels in combining elements of the old and new into a masterpiece. FFX famous for its debut in the Playstation II series. Now a lot of people would disagree that some of the games were bad, but look at the faith before a final fantasy game was out in stores. A lot of people have high hopes for an FF game because of its reputation.

My point is, as long as Final Fantasy continues to bring in revolutionary and original material into their series, FF will continue on. As new media progresses into the world at a hasty rate, FF can incorperate much and create new things as long as there are those who progress it, like Square. And its not of the profit, its the pride of creating a game incomparable to most other games in the gaming franchise that motivates the makers to make Final Fantasy.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

I expect nothing less from an FF than what is promised, and what I read/see from the 'net. FF11 looks to be a fun game. I just hope there wont be too many young, immature kids making the game not enjoyable for other, more serious-minded gamers. FFX-2 sounds good on the outside, but it looks rather gimmicky. But I'll play it first before having an opinion on the game itself.

I can definitely tell Square was desperate for a profit when they created Kingdom Hearts. Sadly, it worked. That was one of the worst games I've ever played in my life. It ranks next to Taboo for the NES in suckiness. Heh.

Merging with Enix is a wize decision, financewize. They don't seem to be intent on selling out. They released FF Origins, so they cater to old-school gamers and people curious about FFs 1 and 2. I've played part of Dragon Warrior 1 for the NES, it is a good game. I found the gameplay to be a good change from the FF style of play.

Sounds accurate enough.
    Still, as long as they're producing a quality product, who cares about 'profiteering'? If they decend to the level of producing rush-job, bug-ridden, incomplete trash just because they think it'll make a quick buck, then they'll deserve to lose business. If they take their time and give each title the attention and devotion it deserves, then they're sure to stay on top of the game.
    Exactly.

as long as they dont make another movie, they will be ok.

i also think the merging was a good idea. cause not only will you still get Final Fantasy, we will get games like crono trigger (i think it was a good game).

if FF games stop being made, before i die, i wont be able to die a happy man.. i guarantee you, ill be pwning ass in the old peoples home, at 85, just handing out indescriminate beatings of a sever nature, to any villian they can think of :evilking: