Thread: Final Fantasy and PC???

Default Final Fantasy and PC???

what ever happened to final fantasy being released on PC? i remember back in the day when it didnt just used to be PSX, now i havent played any other fanil fantasy alter then FF8 and i hate it
    i got a PS2 but the troute things broke already man and i cant be asked to get another.

does any know if square plan on ever releasing a final fantasy on pc again? is it really that bad an idea?

1) Wrong forum

2) Sales of the PC version I believe were rather abysmal, so no there won't be any more PC versions.

3) If your PS2 is still under warranty and stuff, you probably can get it fixed.
    Do the la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lalaaa-laa-lada!

Everything you wanted to know about my RPGs and more.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FF7 and FF8 were the only to be released on PC, and as far as I know, FF11 will be on PC as well, but you need a very good computer to play it.

*moves to general ff*
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

sorry i am new

final fantasy 11, shouldnt that already be out?
    cuz final fantasy x-2 been released in japan already

nah my ps2 aint under warranty anymore, which is just my usual luck

dam dam dam, why cant they hurry up with a PS2 EMU and my PC rpetty good, even got me broadband

Consuming the internets stuffing's Avatar

take your ps2 to a person that can fix it

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Great advice, everyone.

It doesn't cost much to get your PS2 fixed. Take it down to your local shoddy games store, and you should be up and running in no time.

I'm also disappointed that not many more Final Fantasy games will be released on the PC.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

the local game store is 30 half hour from me but i called them anyway and asked them and they said its 60 quid for them to look at ir and repair it, i think thats a bit scanky because me and my bros have sorta narrowed it down to the lens because it has trouble reading the discs so it seems logical, any suggestions?

Banned

Check www.gamefaqs.com and theres a FAQ abotu adjusting the laser and cleaning it up, hopefully it'll fix it.

thanks man, turns out i had the early version of the PS2, you know the cheap one that gets alot fo these errors, the hardware FAQ's really helped and it turns out the voltage for the DVD laser was wrong, i fixed that now and it works so i cna play final fantasy X so ur see me posting there soon for help, lol

thank all you lot for your help and advice

Wait for teh uber l33t PS2 emulator

You need a DVD drive tho.

i got a DVD drive/ DVD r so i should b ok

but erm i was wrong, it seems the adjust laser idea only worked once! dam mit, i know its meant to click as it spins but should it be making a proper loud click like its cracking? me dunno

whats this i hear, a working PS2 emu? i didnt think it was possible at the moment, some people were estimating a year for a working one