Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF3 (nes) ever re-releasing?

Smile FF3 (nes) ever re-releasing?

Well, I just recently bought FF Origins, and finally got to play FF1 and 2 for the first time (I never owned a nes).

Now that they've re-released all the Snes and Nes Final Fantasys, except for 3, I was wondering if they were ever going to do 3 up and release it too.

What do you think?

Thats a question all hardcore FF fans are pondering...

I sure hope so. It's like the 'missing chapter' of the series.

ff3 was great, it was the most avanced NES FF . WEll they remade it for WSC, but good luck getting to play it other than importing it.

Actually they didn't remake it for WSC. They started a remake, then quit and opted to do IV instead. Yeah, FFIII its like SMB2j, except that one eventually got a remake.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I never liked FF3j. I guess I'm not hardcore. I'll probably buy it if they release it anyways, because I'm such a sucker / mindless follwer of Squaresoft. That'd mean every FF 1-9 + T was made / remade for the PSX, if they release it on PSX. How could I not buy it?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

FF3 is like FF1 meets FF5. Storywise it's more like FF1 only the characters don't start out with the crystals. Gameplaywise it's like FF5 only less complicated. I wish they'd rerelease it, it's one of the ones I like more. There's some ultra sucky bits where you have to mini yourselves for extended periods, or become toads for a while. But, it's the first one with moogles!

Yeah, if they would have released it on wsc I would have bought it in a second! It is my favorite FF, although it's true that thinking about being mini for so long makes my head hurt.
    But, I really hope they'll release it sometime~. It's the only FF that I really think I want to play again, and I just don't think it's quite as fun using an emulator.
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

It's really frustrating me, because it's the only ff that I have not beaten. It's like being one class away from getting my PHD, but the class has been discontinued. EXACTLY like that.

It would be great if FFIII were re-released for the PSX with enhanced graphics and music. Since FF Chronicles, Anthology, and Origins have been released, FFIII is the only one left. They should release it for the PSX, but chances are they might put it on the GBA instead...-_-'

Klarth

FF Chronicles? What one's that..?

Rendikisulandath!! Elephant Man's Avatar

FF Chronicles was Final Fantasy 4 and Chrono Trigger.

You know what I think? I think they should have released Final Fantasies 1-3 as Origins instead of just 1 and 2.

Really, it's a waste of a good name. What are they gonna name the last release?
    I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing and dancing....... and dancing, until there is only...... the dance.
    -Michael Jackson

Exuse my ignorance, but why would it possibly be released on GBA? I thought that Final Fantasy games were only released on Sony consoles (in modern times atleast; I obviously know that the first 3 US release FF's were w/ nintendo).
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

if they release FF3 as a remake on playstation, i think they should include another game with it (since all the other games did). what about bahamut lagoon? i played the translated rom, and even though it was pretty weird and confusing, i really liked the gameplay and the graphics were great.
    -shane-

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

ff3j will never be released in the US. never. especially considering that about 100 copies would be sold. If anything it should be stuck on as a bonus with ff12 or something.

Oh well. If they ever re-release it, then I'll buy it. If they do release it with 12, I would be a bonus, but 12 is still a long way away.

PS. Elephant Man, I agree with you.