Thread: emulator woes

Default emulator woes

ok, heres the deal. I have final fantasy 1 and 2 on my computer, and the Emulator called Nesticle. the game works fine, except i cant save. Nesticle doesnt have a quick save feature (if it does i dont see it) and no matter how i exit the game even after Im in the Inn it never saves. does anyone know how to correct this or to correctly save a game on the ROM?
    duty is the sublimest word in the english language
    -Gen. Robert E. Lee

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I really have no idea what the problem could be. NESticle not only supports game saves but game states as well. You should be able to save the game, and barring that, F5 will do a quicksave, while F7 will load it. I've done this with FF1 and 2 in the past without any problems. The pic in my sig was taken with NESticle, btw.

Not that this is going to help, but I could never save on nesticle either! I just used a diff. emulator~
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

The problems I ever had with saving in Nesticle is if Nesticle was pointed at the wrong directories. Setting the save directory to the same as your rom directory usually worked.

Just use another emulator though, Nesticle is too old and sucky. Use NNNesterJ. http://www.zophar.net

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Yea, its definately your directories, i had the same problem...

BUT, I'm with Unne on this one, use NNNesterJ

woohoo, i figured out the quick save on this thing, thanks. One more question, is there a turbo button?
    duty is the sublimest word in the english language
    -Gen. Robert E. Lee

By turbo do you mean rapid fire or fast forward? Either way, your questions can be answered by reading the documentation that came with NESticle.

Rendikisulandath!! Elephant Man's Avatar

NESticle? That sounds like a really perverted name...
    I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing and dancing....... and dancing, until there is only...... the dance.
    -Michael Jackson

If you think that's bad you should see the program icon that it used to have. I'm much more amused by Bloodlust's Genesis emulator though...... Genecyst.

Rendikisulandath!! Elephant Man's Avatar

Now your getting me curious....
    I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing and dancing....... and dancing, until there is only...... the dance.
    -Michael Jackson