Thread: DRAGON FANGS! (and aliens)

DRAGON FANGS! (and aliens)

I have spent 3 hours in the training center and have not gotten a single dragon fang from T-Rexaurs! Where are they!?! (Also I recently saw a cow flying by in a UFO tractor beam, wtf?)

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You might need the Rare Item ability, or high levels to get Dragon Fangs from T-Rexaurs. Try fighting some real dragons, too - Ruby Dragons, Hexadragons, that kind of thing.

As for the UFO...
    (SPOILER)There are a number of 'sightings' possible at different locations around the world. You can even confront the flying saucer in a fight, and then meet its pilot later.You can probably find info on this sub-quest in a lot of FAQs and walkthroughs.

The T-Rexaurs must be on lvl 21-50 for you to get Fangs, if they have higher or lower then you can't get Fangs from them.
    Picking a lock is much like picking your nose; if you're successfull you're gonna end up with some sort of reward.

So in other words... if you are a lvl 93 character then there is no hope for dragon fangs.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can probably refine them from some card or another, and if not, just use GF Tonberry's LV-Down ability to 'demote' the T-Rexaurs you encounter.

Originally posted by KidLover
    So in other words... if you are a lvl 93 character then there is no hope for dragon fangs.
    Not from T-Rexaurs.

But then there's allways the Dragons (Hexa, Ruby and Blue).
    Picking a lock is much like picking your nose; if you're successfull you're gonna end up with some sort of reward.

don't tease the octopus Nimrook's Avatar

Originally posted by neeber
    The T-Rexaurs must be on lvl 21-50 for you to get Fangs, if they have higher or lower then you can't get Fangs from them.
    That would be 21-30, not 21-50. I don't think Ruby Dragons or Hexadragons drop Dragon Fangs either (or if they do it would be at very low levels e.g. 1-20). I know Blue Dragons do though, and at L30+ they can drop 8 at a time, so they'd be your best bet.

Imma Dragoon!*swoosh!* Scar Face's Avatar

Yeah.I got my Fangs from the Blue Dragons.Last time I fought one I got 8 of them.So basically you can get from 4-8 Dragon Fangs from the blue Dragons.Also you can get fury Fragments from it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

yeah i got my dragon fangs from my first visit to trabia in the forests nearby from blue dragons
    [IMG]
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!
    [/IMG]