Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFX's difficulty

Originally posted by Yrkoon
    i didnt do any sidequests at all on ffx untill i killed the end boss and the difficuilty of the boss with the guys i had seemed about right as it took me numerous tries and the boss was doing 1 hit kills on me (didnt train much)

now that ive done almost every thing there is to do the end boss just looks like a retard for easiness and nemesis seems pretty pussy as well

thank god for the dark aeons just one more to kill then i got penance to play with shudder...
    Lol, yeah, i was pretty much exactly the same, i went through it without much levelling and found it hard, i was only doing like 3k damage, and i had to rely on aeons, then i went back and levelled up and now i only got Dark Anima and Penance to go (Dark Yojimbo technically, but i keep killing him to get Dark Matter for my 3rd ribbon)

I guess the hardest guy is in the arena after you capture 10 of everything. I am close to that so I am looking forward to fighting it. Just pis ses me off that they put guys in the arena that are harder than the end boss.

Hehe, you haven't fought Penance yet have you?

If you get FFX International version, you have the opportunity to defeat the Dark Aeons, and if you do that (which would mean that you are one seriously hardcore bastard!) then you would face Penance......

Oh, the pain.....

You're right - the game is easy but as other people have said the real challenege is in the extras. Read: monster arena, dark aeons + penance.

In FF7 you could get KOTR and kill sephiroth in 1 move. You could also level up and then defeat Emerald weapon and Ruby weapon in a few minutes without dying and without even trying. It's a piece of cake.

Try fighting Penance though and you'll be in a battle that lasts a good hour. That's when you've already spent 130 hours or more levelling up so that you're hard enough to fight him.

It's the same in all FF games - the main storyline fighting is easy - but the extras can be as tough as you want.

Also your characters don't automatically get brought back to life - not unless you've got auto-life on (which only lasts once) or auto-phoenix (again, if you all die at once you're shafted).

They do get brought back to life. let someone die, and then after you win the battle take a look, they are alive and well, just need to be cured alittle bit. also if u get poisoned during a battle, dont use an antidote, when the battle ends he is no longer poisoned. this was not so in past FF's. 9,8, and I believe 7... I know the first 3 werent so either. unfortunately i dont have the int. version, i live in the U.S. and i dont have any mod chips or what not to play imports.. maybe soon I will look into it. im not that hard on trying to fight a decent battle in FFX.

I wasnt aware that sephiroth could be killed in one move.. I did not get into 7 that much. I did have a save right at him, but as I recall he was difficult. I know I didnt get Knights of the round, never even heard of it while I was playing the game. I didnt bother getting a guide or checking to see what all the little side quests were. I know my guys were pretty powerful in FFVIII and it took sometime to defeat Ultimecia.

How can't you just love her...??

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Irvine! Comfortable whether in social settings or
    home on the range, you're easygoing and have a good heart.
    That is one reason everyone seems to adore you. But
    sometimes you feel like people don't see the real you
    behind that cowboy hat.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

Poison may go after the battle, but it is far more dangerous in the battle than it was before, it does 1/4 of your max HP per turn whereas before it was 1/200 per turn

W-summon KotR killed either of sephy's forms

Ultimecia was a joke, i killed her with just Squall in about 15 mins

IMO FFX is easy if you are just playing the storyline, but for those that want it there is more of a challenge hidden away than in any of the other FFs i've played, mainly from this guy:
    Attached Images Attached Images

pheonix it depends how you look at it, basically every boss in the storyline for ff10 was a pushover, especially that pathetic last boss. However, the additional bosses (originals) from monsters arena, can be quite challenging if you dont train majorily+ the dark aeons and penance and you have compensated for the lack of challenge by the other bosses

It's the same in all FF games - the main storyline fighting is easy - but the extras can be as tough as you want. [/QUOTE]

You aren't the oldest, cuz i have 32 years but I feel like I have 13.
    Life is just a passing dream... but death is forever.
    I will destroy Spira... I will heal Spira...
    I will be the next Sin.
    (Seymour Guado, maester of Yevon)

What is it with anyone above 20 complaining all the time about how everything was better before? Go away if you don't like it, and if you can, STAY away.

See, I hear people complaining all the time about how easy FFX was, but I've been through hell with this game, whereas FFVII gave me virtually no trouble at all. I beat Jenova(?) and Sephiroth on the first try, and just stared at the credits going, "That's it?". In the case of FFX, I gave up on the game completely for serveral months the last time I reached Sin's face (before my mom accidentally wiped that file off the memory card).

This could be blamed on the fact that I royally screwed up the Sphere Grid early on because I didn't take the time to understand how to use it, but if it weren't for the three secret aeons and Bahamut, I'd never be where I am now in the game (Sin's Sea of Sorrow). If I tried to level up my players to the point of doing 99,999 damage, it'd take way more time than it'd be worth.

If you do that much levelling up, of course the game is going to be easy.