Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: squall laguna's son?

This is a total waste of resources.
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Quistis! You're a popular one. Life keeps you busy,
    but you still try to slow down once in a while and enjoy the
    world around you, in spite of how busy you are. You're in good
    shape, and you can't help being a bit of a flirt.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

I've never seen Laguna mention Squall being his son in the game and I've played through it 3 times, Laguna is never mentioned as a father either, I now he marry's Raine and she dies after heving a baby which was mentioned in the game only once, Squall is just one of those antagonist characters who have a mysterious past that family is never mentioned (wish I had that) so Laguna cannot be Squalls father.

Trust me Laguna IS Squall's father. There is just too much info that says he is. They even have the same eyes. Ya Know?
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

Default Told you so

Look...

1. this guys missed it on his own accord

2. We have thrown the evidence at him.

It a bit like Macbeth and the Murderers (only more obvious in FF8). In Macbeth it is implied by the writer that Macbeth is one of the murderers via tone and repetition of phrases. In FF8 it is implied numerous times then for those of you to slow, they give it away by showing Raine and Laguna together. Ofcourse Squall doesnt have his Fathers name ... Matron was his guardian.

Also Laguna planned to tell Squall that he was his father, but only when the timing was right. Kiros tells Squall "its a good thing you dont look like your father... refering to laguna."

You seem rather blind to the subtle if you cannot, by your own devices work out the more subtle themes in FF8... These things are what makes FF8 the best as far as analysis goes. Good literature has many valuable assets, perhaps you should take some remedial action to cure your inability to analyse things beyond the black and white.

I believe the Mooba (identification by blood) argument verifies Lagunas paternity of Squall more than that of say Tidus and Jecht. After all we know that DNA doesnt lie....30% of childern are not to the proclaimed father so who can we know for sure 100% that Tidus is Jechts son?

So after 3 times of playing it through it still didnt click that Laguna was Squall father. How do you argue against the Moobas calling Squall "Laguna" in the prison..... You cant can you!

LOL
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Quistis! You're a popular one. Life keeps you busy,

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

[q=Besimudo]It a bit like Macbeth and the Murderers (only more obvious in FF8). In Macbeth it is implied by the writer that Macbeth is one of the murderers via tone and repetition of phrases. [/q]Great. One of Shakespeare's masterworks has just been completely SPOILED for me. I know, I probably should've seen/read it by now, what with being an 'intellectual' and all, but there's only so much Shakespeare I can tolerate at any given time.
    [q=Besimudo, again]I believe the Mooba (identification by blood) argument verifies Lagunas paternity of Squall more than that of say Tidus and Jecht. After all we know that DNA doesnt lie....30% of childern are not to the proclaimed father so who can we know for sure 100% that Tidus is Jechts son?[/q]
    AGAIN! Dammit! I haven't played FFX either... there's a lot to be siad for "Spoiler" tags, isn't there?
    * Looks pointedly at Besimudo*

wonderful arguments everyone...especially Besimudo...I can barely form a sentence after reading Akumaou repeatedly denying that which is painfully obvious!
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

I like arguments there fun. Ya Know? I still think there should be a debate topic for each of the FF games I tried one with the FFX forum but It failed horribley. Ya Know?
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

Grin HA HA HA!

There's something to be said about sitting back and enjoying a good plot. I was so busy in FF8 collecting every GF, every card, every weapon, etc. etc. etc. that I totally missed this whole issue. Oh well, I never could take a hint! :bgl: Now I am going to have to dust off the darn thing and play it again! Maybe I'll skip that whole card game this time around, (ugh!) it gave me such a headache!

Big D don’t worry.... In FF10 they bluntly tell the player that Jecht is Tidus father in the first 30 minutes or so.

I would have rathered a vague relationship like FF8's but FF10 just spits it out. As for Macbeth; read it and try to see where the theme occurs. Note: it is very subconscious and in a statistical measure 50% of people discount it and 50 % believe undeniably that Macbeth one of the murderers. Amazing isn't
    it.

Originally posted by Akumaou812
    I've never seen Laguna mention Squall being his son in the game and I've played through it 3 times, Laguna is never mentioned as a father either, I now he marry's Raine and she dies after heving a baby which was mentioned in the game only once, Squall is just one of those antagonist characters who have a mysterious past that family is never mentioned (wish I had that) so Laguna cannot be Squalls father.
    You must be REALLY blind... it does say in the contex somewhere, that Raine had a child (Laguna's child) but she died and Laguna couldn't go back to see her because of the war or because he was fighting the sourceress' war or something like that... anyways it says that the child was sent off to an orphanage...

Hmm, i know theres heaps of other evidence tha tno ones mentioned, but without playing through it again it wont cross my mind... maybe later.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

As far as I'm concerned this thread is over. If Akumaou812 doesn't want to believe it, then he doesn't have to. HOWEVER, the facts are plain to see; no more needs to be said.

*idiot-proofs the thread*
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea