Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re-playability???

Default re-playability???

although ff8 aint great to play a 2nd,3rd,,,,98th,99th time i still must a played it bout 7 or 8 times

how many times have all yous played it??

what would ya do to make it more replayable???
    [IMG]
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!
    [/IMG]

I'm playing it for the third time. The first time I finished it, the second time I got up to the part where you first visit Galbadia Garden and now I'm up to that spot again and I'm beginning to lose interest.

Yeah so to give the game some more replayability I'd probably have more exciting stuff happen after you first leave Timber.

i hate the bit were you gotta climb up an down 'n up and down stairs in prison really annoyin and i also dont like listenin to th three hour orphanage story in trabia garden
    [IMG]
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!
    [/IMG]

213,249,813,489 Times. Ya Know?
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

some parts are really boring if you have already beaten the game once. for example: the three hour orphanage story in trabia garden, the part on the space ship where rinoa and sqaull are alone, the damn perison, doing the shimi sidequest, ect ect ect

Actually I think it's great going through it again.

I've been through it 3 full times and still feel like I'll be happy to go through it again in another 6 months time.

The thing is you have to forget most of it otherwise it's like all RPGs the 2nd time through - predictable and sometimes tedius.

The only bit I didn't really like was the Prison thing but next time I'll just make sure I've got enc-none learned early on.

I loved FFVIII the second time through. I knew what to watch out for and what skills I should learn early on. That made it kinda fun. But I do have to agree about having to forget most of the storyline in order to play through an RPG again.

I'm Magus!

Take the test,

Brought to you by Shuffle or Boogie

Only twice... actually maybe only once... no. It was twice. Maybe three... *shrugs*. My Final Fantasy replays go like so:

FFIV - 1
    FFV - never finished
    FFVI - many, many
    FFVII - many, but not as many as FFVI
    FFVIII - 2 or 3
    FFIX - 1
    FFX - 1

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

I'm currently working on my fourth time through. This time, I'm striving to keep my level below 20 'til Disc 4.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

King of imaginary people Linus J's Avatar

played it once, and on the second time through it was too easy and even though it was something like 2 years apart the playthroughs I knew the plot too well.

Many times , my fav replayability FF

the 1st time , didnt finish ..crash on d2 when jumping into galbadia garden

2nd time finish it

3rd time with all char level below 20 to get stat boost

4th same but find all the secret (not all of course)

5th default lvl WoHOo

6th Squall's Lionheart (yeah thats so cool )

7th get super doopa Stat

8th Zell Armageddon Fist / Grand Calamity Symphony

9th Rinoa Angel Wing - Meteor Destruction

10th Forget

26th Didnt play for about 1 1/2 year ,start all over again

Pheww

I've played and finished ff8 about 30 times... what can i say. i absolutely loved it and i know every square inch of it. the only thing i havent done is collect every card. i could have done it long ago but i have absolutely no patience when it comes to the card game. dont get me wrong. the card game was sweet... but with all rules going at once... i've been through about 5 different controlers just becuase of the ff8 card game.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still haven't even finished my first time through, and I started 2 years ago. :rolleyes2
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I played it once all the way through, but there are a couple of parts that I've played a few times from different save states. For some reason I think the end battle is really fun, so I've played it probably about seven times or something.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll make myself replay it some day, if only as a check to make sure the CD images are ok before burning it off the HD Assuming you can call it a replay - I've only played the PC version before, not the PSX one, so I won't have that chocobo minigame thing this ime round so no Mog GF Ability, which was nice
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP