Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dark aeons

Default dark aeons

are the dark aeons only in ffx international? b/c i would like to fight them and penace for ap. if so are they located in regiem temple?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

They are only in FFX International. No, they are not in "regiem temple"

You're not missing out on much, just some Zanmato action if you're clever, or some semi-hard battles if you think you have to level up a lot.

They are only in the international version i.e. all versions except US I think.

They're located in various places such as Besaid entrance and many others.

Yrkoon

semi hard battles? lol

my characters have 255 on every stat except magic and luck and they dont stand a chance against the last 3 dark aeons not to mention penance who appears after you kill all the dark aeons....

their psyhcotic....

If you've got 255 on every stat then you're well on your way. If health is around 30,000 and you've got celestial weapons and the right armour then they're a piece of cake.

Ok so they're not a pushover but they're not hard.

Get luck up and it's even easier.

Yrkoon

ya by this time tommorrow ill have magic at 255 on four of my guys.

all seven have celestial weaps ect then only stat ill need is luck but that will take forever to get luck maxed out.

im gonna need lots of luck since i cant hit 2 of the magus sisters at all with 255 accuracy and im getting 99999 damage done to me even tho ive got 255 defence and magic defence plus shell protect ect...

stupid aeons are laughing at my stats... blitz ace only does 20000 each hit then final one 99999 thats with 255 strength..

i have my health sitting around 22444 i dont see any point in raising it since im getting 99999 hits against me

Er, something is wrong there.

BTW you don't need to raise magic at all, it's useless.

Luck doesn't need to be max - just around 150 or so meaning that almost all hits will be criticals.

You're also going wrong if you're using limit breaks. The only time you use limit breaks with the magus sisters is blitz ace on mindy (impossible to hit with physical attacks or so I found) because it always hits. Otherwise you have to use magic on here which takes ages.

You should use quick hit.

I fought all 3 of the sisters at once. Use an aeon to block the opening overdrive of course.

Then just lay into them. They shouldn't do anywhere near 99999 if your defence is max. Actually - they will do if you get armour break which is what I guess is happening. Many of the harder Aeons do this. To protect against it make sure that your armour is:

Ribbon
    Break HP limit
    Auto-haste
    Auto-protect

Then simply cast dispell whenever you get full-break on your character (work out which moves do it)

Then you'll be fine and get hit for hardly anything. Armour break is what's doing you in.

Yrkoon

kool ill try making up new armours the ones i been using have been

auto pheonix
    break hp limit
    ribbon on 2 guys (working on 3rd one)
    auto regen (stupid waste of slot should be auto haste)

i couldnt remember how to get rid of break damage untill ya mentioned dispell

stupid aeons gonna get it

Yeh dispell is very useful.

However, it will remove protect which is a pain. You don't need protect against any of the dark aeons - only penance. So if you plan on fighting penance you really do need auto-protect. It's also a lot more useful than auto-phoenix because to be honest - you shouldn't ever die against the dark aeons. If you do you're in big trouble because of the number of turns you miss out on.

Also, advice for the Dark Magus Sisters, fight them separately, i beat them before i beat Dark Bahamut this way. To do this when they first find you run off down the passage to the left, then go up the lift thingy and a little mini game type thing will follow where you run from them, run far enough without being caught and you can fight them one by one which is vastly easier

Exactly which defeats the object of super-hard battles! You might as well just use Zanmato.

Magus Sisters are a trio, I say fight them as one and be a real man

Hehe, nah, i never use Zanmato, but yeah i guess, if you want a big challenge do that, but i don't rlly lessening one challenge, i'm trying to save up dark matters for my third Ribbon at the mo..

Yrkoon

phew i actually beat the dark magus sisters (fought 3 at once)

i was making new armours and got pissed of so i went up against them again with my normal armour.

had all aeons on over drive status as well as yuna.

used em all apart from yojimbo and a pussy one.

only difference this time was i had aeons over drives and max magic (luck on 27 as my highest) magic saved my ass when i started getting beat i started using double cast an ultima finished the flying one off with that

yuna got shattered half way through jsut before i killed flying one made me crap it lol.

turned into kimarhi and rikku (the only 2 with ribbon armour) v the tall one an the fat one

auto phoenix saved my ass completly as they were still insisting on giving me 99999 damage

took an hour overall

now im gonna have to worry about dark anima an dark yojimbo shudder

btw didnt use dispell since they were doing 99999 on the first move i kinda lket my guys die an depend on auto phoenix

(edit) having a problem with dark yojimbo i teleport to back of cave an get him to appear i kill him then i kill him again ect (im supposed to kill him 5 times right?) i can only find 4 fights with him an ones at the entrance to cave killed him 8 times now on two attempts at it an cant seem to find mr yojimbo number 5...

ps it resets after i kill him near entrance

(edit) having a problem with dark yojimbo i teleport to back of cave an get him to appear i kill him then i kill him again ect (im supposed to kill him 5 times right?) i can only find 4 fights with him an ones at the entrance to cave killed him 8 times now on two attempts at it an cant seem to find mr yojimbo number 5...
    On the first fight, beat Yojimbo. When the summoner runs off, DON'T teleport to the cave entrance, your fight tally will be reset. Instead, take advantage of the nearby save sphere, and FOLLOW the summoner. You'll keep encountering him and eventually you'll beat Yojimbo 5 times.

Remember, don't teleport and don't reload once you've saved and you should, in theory, be able to beat him.

Yrkoon

yippee i just bet him now onto dark anima

(edit) how the feck do you kill penance...