Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would have made FFX the best game ever created?

Default What would have made FFX the best game ever created?

What do you think would have made FFX a million times more better?

I say a world map and better voice actors.

I honestly don't know. I thought the game was superb. I think the only things I can think of is a much longer and better ending, and maybe give Yu Yevon a few lines. Y'know, the sort of weird crap people all over the Internet would put in their sigs 'cause it's 'deep' just 'cause it's the only thing he/she/it said.

EDIT: I like that Jenova line in FF7.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

- World Map

- Levelling up

- Less nauseating characters

- Better voice actors(Yuna in particular)

- Actually giving Lulu something to do in the latter part of the game

- Make Kimahri a character, rather than just someone there to make up the numbers

- Make Seymour less clichéd, predictable, lame etc etc.

- Blitzball becoming a *3D* sports game rather than a 2D RPG

- Improving Dialogue, eg getting rid of Yuna's "Yes" and "Okay" obsession, and making people actually calling Tidus, Tidus. Not to forget pronouncing "Chocobo" as "Chock-ub-oe" rather than "Choe-coe-boe"

- Moogles.

- Make about two-thirds of the songs less irritating.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Remove disc from box, insert FFVII discs, remove box, replace with FFVII box.

If you have to stick with X, do everything Psychotic said, but making sure to call Tidus Tie-duss instead of the annoying version they actually pronounce it.
    Then remove anything considered a mini-game, and point the designers to FFVII, VIII and IX as a guide on what mini-games actually look like. If they refuse to give up their ways, force them to replay the Cloisters of Trials over and over, or dodge 2,000,000 bolts of lightning before allowing them to return home.
    Replace Yuna with any other character in gaming history. Anyone.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Articles

Originally posted by Phoenix 17
    making sure to call Tidus Tie-duss instead of the annoying version they actually pronounce it.
    I *knew* I'd forgotten something. If that's how it's meant to be pronounced then they should have spelt his name Teedus or something. Tie-Duss just sounds better.

Originally posted by Psychotic
    Tie-Duss just sounds better.
    I agree one hundred percent.

I have some more but most already mentioned:

1. Blitzball should allow you to move up, down, left, or right and you should be able to control player on both defense and offense. You should be able to play as a person even when you don't have the ball and you should be able to push a button like, let's say R1 to tackle and L1 to choose whether to pass, shoot, or dribble and the whole damn team shouldn't be able to jump on one player. I can go on and on.

2. Yuna should be shot every time she says 'Yes' or 'Okay' fast, like she always does.

3. Tidus should be stabbed everytime he says "Huh?" or "What?"

4. I liked Tidus' narrator voice, he should use that during the game and not only when he's telling his story. It sounds more mature.

Articles

This is an important one:

Leviathan and Odin. Those two had been summons in every FF since summons were introduced, as were of course, Shiva, Ifrit and Bahamut. So why leave them out now?

A big thing was made out of how there were four main elements and how they were opposites and everything, we have fire, ice and thunder summons but no water. It just shows a lack of communication between the people that made this game.

And as for Odin, I think he should have been there instead of Yojimbo, for example instead of Zanmato he does the infamous Steel-Bladed sword.

*Kills Square for forgetting them, deliberate or otherwise*

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If FFX did my laundry that would be pretty sweet. That and they annoying amount of tedious work you have to do for sidequests. It's just not worth it.
    Figaro Castle

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Replace yunas voice actor

Make MUCH longer

Make a major enemie switch. Rather than jsut chasing the same enemie the entire game, have a twist where your focus changes to a deeper evil behind sin or something.

Make Blitzball halfway playable *i hate that minigame so friggin much it needs to die die die die die. stupid threeway blocks troutty stats *grumble**

More AEONS Leviathin? Ramuh? Odin? and take away Bahamuts fruity technicolor wings.... Bahamut is black....Black is cool.... pink does not scare enemies, it makes them call him names....

i think the music is annoying because its basically the same song in every temple only they change who's singing it. every time i play that game i get that song stuck in my head!

ugh

so yeah they need more variety in the songs

Richter: You steal men's souls and use them as slaves!
    Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions...

Blog Entries

What could've made it better? Well...first off I didn't like Tidus. He was just...'strange.' *cough* Anyway..I would've made a stable world map for walking on. That would've made the game like...30x better at least. What else...a little longer, perhaps, and a better story...it was decent until (SPOILER)we found out Tidus was a dream and all of Zanarkand was a dream of the Fayth. Other than that...I'd give the game overall a B-.

Yrkoon

world map would be nice

id of liked more options in the battle arena as in letting you create things your self eg pick a monster skin then put what stats you want on it then fight it..

or a ff7 type battle arena as an option

the voice acting. yunas voice was absolutely terrible. she has a good voice, but the voice acting in general; the emotion, etc. was quite bad. wakka and auron's were perfect though.

something alse that annoyed me was the lip movement and facial expressions, actually it wasn't that bad but it could be improved.
    but the lip movement was slow, i mean their mouths are still moving for like 2 or 3 seconds after they have finished talking.
    theres probably a couple of other things too but i can't remember.
    "A pro isn't someone that sacrafices himself for his job. Thats just a fool".
    --Reno from the turks, ff7.

Yuna naked.

um...that wouldn't be too appropriate, would it?

1.) world map
    2.) subquests near the beginning of the game
    3.) little more relationship stuff. (when they showed the movie of yuna and tidus kissing, i didn't see it coming because it didn't show them in love or anything.)

I know, they do give you a lot of clues during the game, but they have to make it a little more noticeable for first-timers.

voice acting is really great for me because i have the japanese version, and i'm not complaining. Yeah, american voice actors are terrible. they have no emotion. well, too bad