Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would make FF7 an even better game?

King of imaginary people Linus J's Avatar

well instead of just making it more difficult, 2 different difficulties. Normal and Harder.

Graphics of course

Maybe make Zack some sort of active character, like when he is with Cloud you get to fight a bit (during the flashbacks that is)

Alternate fmvs if you use Yuffie and/or Vincent

Short versions of the summons, like FFIX

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Can't believe I forgot Yuffie/Vincent FMVs.

I don't like the idea of short Summons though, it'd make it to easy. Like in FFVIII, you could easily win with GFs if you sucked, but it meant you needed patience compared to better players.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

My GFs were crap in FFVIII to tell the truth. I rarely used them.

I wanna rock.

Better graphics, the ability to control Sephiroth during Cloud's flashback, and the ability to control your summons like in FFX. NO REVIVE AERIS OPTION. Then there would be a totally different storyline and final FMV.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

NO REVIVE AERIS OPTION.
    I agree. That'd be cheesy, as well as undermining some of the game's most profound content. Voice acting would have the potential to bite severely, so it'd be better to leave it out. More FMVs - particularly of the optional characters - would be a big improvement. The occasionally rough or vague translation could do with a brush-up in places (including Cait Sith's "accent", which was quite cleverly done in the original Japanese text). Character graphics with the detail of FFVIIIs, and the realism of FFIXs (i.e. looking around, breathing, not standing stock-still all the time) would be good.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Originally posted by Big D
    I agree. That'd be cheesy, as well as undermining some of the game's most profound content.
    It can't undermine it if it that part of the story never takes place. I swear you people have no fcuking imagination.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
    It can't undermine it if it that part of the story never takes place. I swear you people have no fcuking imagination.
    This made me laugh and I don't even know why.

Give Vincent his own sidequest like Yuffie's, possibly involving the Turks and his past relations with them.
    Some more close-ups of characters. I didn't even know President Shinra had a cigar and mustache until the 2nd or 3rd time through.
    As said above, a better end to Shinra.
    And a near perfect translation would be nice.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
    Imagination? Wouldn't you find it strange if they killed off Anakin Skywalker in Episode 3? It has nothing to do with imagination. It deals with the overall plot. The one image that stands out in more people's minds when the think about FFVII, and perhaps any video game, was that Aeris died. Reviving her would simply cheapen everything that the game as well as the points it made stood for. I can think of dozens or reasons to keep her dead, but I can only think of one to revive her......to use her more in battles. That obviously isn't enough.

I didnt have time to read all the posts, due to i dont wanna, and i have a headache, but to make ff7 an even better game, will enhance graphics and sound, and give every character and person you meet a voice to replace text word conversations, And do nothing to the storyline and gameplay.

~EvenAngelsFall
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer!_You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Nah reviving Aeris would be great. Yes it's all very sad and etc. but you just have to make it really hard to do. Then whilst newbies and die hard fans alike can experience the true original meaning, the people who actually care about the characters can be happy as long as they realise that it comes at a cost.
    By reviving her I don't mean by collecting a hundred tissues, it'd have to be some really important side quest to like the Promised Land, or something really deep. Nothing cheap or cheesy.
    Aeris' survival could have huge implications too, which could again talk about things coming for a price. The new technology available could allow for this. The way I see it you could have three endings.

1) The original, noone really knows what happened to mankind.

2) You save Aeris, but to do so you take the easiest and least responsible path. This leads to events that prevent the final summoning of Holy. Everyone dies.

3) You give up the chance to save Aeris to save the world, but possibly the planet returns Aeris to you afterwards for your true spirit or something like that. Holy is summoned and Aeris lives.

Plenty of deep meanings and stuff possible there, happiness doesn't have to be cheesy.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Ya reviving here would be awesome, but how would the story end, it would end in the destruction of the world, with Aeris alive she cant controll the lifestream so the meteor will Hit and destroy the world, But there could be a way to change that, just change the ending completly.

~EvenAngelsFall
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer!_You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Originally posted by Calvin
    Imagination? Wouldn't you find it strange if they killed off Anakin Skywalker in Episode 3? It has nothing to do with imagination. It deals with the overall plot. The one image that stands out in more people's minds when the think about FFVII, and perhaps any video game, was that Aeris died. Reviving her would simply cheapen everything that the game as well as the points it made stood for. I can think of dozens or reasons to keep her dead, but I can only think of one to revive her......to use her more in battles. That obviously isn't enough.
    I wish they would kill anakin because the actor sucks!

Anyways if you were to revive her it would only be at one point in the game and it would change the story completely from there on out not even making it the same. It doesn't take away from the initial shock.

Because she is with you then you could possibly talk to all those rocks in the City of the Ancients. You would be able to find out more about Jenova and stuff because she might remember. Maybe cloud would never have given sephiroth the Black Materia. So many things can change.

No imagination...yeah. I stand by that statement.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

Heres a Huge one:

Drum Roll...................

Make Sephiroth Harder then The weapons.......Way Harder...........WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY HARDER than the STUPID WEAPONS!!!!

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The only thing I'd enjoy in FFVII is having it with Dual Shock 2 support. Nothing more.