Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of remaking FF3j

Default Thinking of remaking FF3j

I was thinking about remaking ff3j while i was testing out something in Rm2k3. The only problem I would have is that I suck at sprite drawing. So if anyone is interested in doing that, or starting a ff3j project, post here.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What kind of ideas do you have for the remake? Is it just going to be a sprite update or will there be other things added/removed/revamped as well?
    Figaro Castle

well sprite updating is obvious. fixing any bugs that were in it. maybe some other changes, but I wanna keep it true to the original. This project was just an idea I been playin around with for a little bit. Right now, I'm looking for input about whether this will be a good project or not.

I can easily do most of the map making, but sprite drawing is out of the question for me.

I don't know if I could help at all, but I could say look for someone maybe to update the music quality. Or look for remixes by other people with better quality. I know www.vgmusic.com has a good deal of the FFIII music. Good to check that site out for the music.
    This space intentionally left blank.

If its for Playstation ill play it, but i cant play on the computer cause i dont know how to do emulatur:grr:

FFXIV Character

Denston Fairclough (Midgardsormr)

I don't know...you might have some trouble with the battle system. Although, RM2k3 has that neato class thing, so it's could quite possibly be really easy to do. Now getting the freaking guys to do over 1000 damage could be tricky. I still can't get characters to break it, even with RM2k3.

Anyway, I'm not too good with making sprites from scratch, so I probably wouldn't really be able to help you. Actually, modifying the old sprites...nah, I'm sure you'd want a more sleek look like they did with FFO.
    Last edited by Seifer; 05-07-2003 at 07:04 PM.

the max dmg for one strike in rm2k3 is 9999, same with HP. the battle system in rm2k3 is almost exactly what i'll need.

as for the playstation thing......... LOL

btw, if anyone has any chipsets or remixed music that would be good in this, e-mail me or PM me.

dragonfirex425@yahoo.com

Haha, Playstation.

This sounds really nifty, I'm still waiting for an officially-updated/translated English FF3.

This is good enough though; I hope you stick in and get it finished.

FFXIV Character

OOC:
    Originally posted by Dragonfire
    the max dmg for one strike in rm2k3 is 9999, same with HP. the battle system in rm2k3 is almost exactly what i'll need.
    Wait, you can do 9999 max for damage? I knew of the HP being able to go that high, but what the heck...I maxed their stats with RM2k3 and they still do crappy damage somewhere in the hundreds. How did you do it, if I may ask? I have to start using RM2k3 for real anyway, since I have to import the game I was making with RM2k.

Well when it comes to normal/weapon attacks I've only been able to do it in the hundreds as well, but with magic/skill attacks I've done 9999.

Here's a screenshot:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Playstation will work. Just burn it on a disk, give it a good label and sell it.

P.S Get the permision from square(i dont beliven "square-enix").

Believe me, just burning it on a disk wouldn't work.

sell it!? lol yeah right. first off square would NEVER go for that. Also, I wouldn't really wanna do this project for money anyways.

Now, down to business. If I really wanna get this project off the ground, a team is a gonna have to be made. There is no way I'd be able to finish this by myself. Well, at least not within a reasonable amount of time. Sprite makers are a must. Ppl are need to help with the maps, dialogue, finding/making remixed music for the game, at least one other person who know how to use Rm2k/3, and maybe some other ppl.

If anyone wants to help in anyway, post here or e-mail at dragonfirex425@yahoo.com.

FFXIV Character

So you can't do 9999 physically...darn.

Anyway, this sounds interesting. I know how to use RM2k/3 pretty well and I'll probably have 2k3 burned tomorrow so I can work with that instead of 2k. I can also find music, I don't know about making, even though I have some knowledge in that too. It's just that I've never composed or tried to make a copy of a *whole* song using one of those programs.

So sign me up. I'm working on my own thing right now, but I could fit this in too. Remakes in RPGMaker are generally easier than actually making you're own game. The map layout and dialogue is all there, you just have to copy it. Oh, and do they have an FFIII editor out? That would also make life much easier in remaking the game.

Don't sign me up. I dont know how to do anything with my computer.
    I will be checking sometimes, though. Good Luck