Thread: The Mechanical Spider

Default The Mechanical Spider

I am not to sure if anyone has posted this subject befor or something. Does anyone know that mechanical Spider you fight then run from in dollet town?, Did anyone know you can defeat it?, its true i defeated it, took me a couple minutes but i did, i just trained in The balamb garden for a couple hours getting levels and getting my strength up, then i bought the 3 gunblade buy getting card mod, and collectign cards and turning Abyss worms into Windmills and turning them into Tornadoes and i equipt those to my strength and pull Squalls Limit Break on the spider a a couple dozen times, then boom he blows up...it was surprising the first time i done it, i was so stronge that every time i attacked him he would disable and immediatly repair, so i was stuck fighting him, you get nothing good sept that 50 ap point when you know a few thousand off him then run...

~EvenAngelsFall

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yup, knew about that... but quite a few people don't. Beating the Black Widow is quite an a achievement, pity there isn't a different FMV for doing so.

Besides the AP, there's another bonus for beating it: A huge bonus on your SeeD exam score, which can have a big effect on your rank.

I knew you could beat it but there's something a bit strange.

I offloaded at least 6,000 when I got a full time limit zell's limit break when I fought it on the bridge. You can kill it at this place. I would have thought it should have died because it has less than 6000 HP but it didn't. Not quite sure why. I then proceeded to beat it senseless for ages but it didn't die.

Bah. Next time through I'll get it.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You only get that huge SeeD exam bonus if you do it quickly though, I think - I did it and took ages, and ended up getting a rathre crap SeeD score
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't care enough to work at stuff like that. If I train for that amount of time, it's only to make random battles easier, thus faster; not to get some special bonus.

I'm so lazy.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Random battles get harder at higher levels in FF8, due to monsters stats growing faster than you can keep up with junctioning to your own stats
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Not all, T-rexaurs are a lot easier at higher levels. They do have the potential to kill you very quickly but it takes a lot less time to kill them.

don't tease the octopus Nimrook's Avatar

I found the basic strategy to beating this was to levl up Quezacotl a bit before the Dollet mission, and also get it to learn SumMag + 10%, 20%, 30% and also Boost. Now one summoning of Quezacotl should be enough to reduce its HP to 0, and if not a couple of physical attacks work from there.

You can't defeat X-ATM092 in the first battle (at the bottom of the communication tower) no matter how hard you try, but you can kill it any time after that; the bridge is the most commonly chosen place. You will need to reduce its HP to 0 (not get it into repair mode, but actually fully reduce its HP to 0) 5 times in the battle to defeat it. You can tell when you've done enough damage once because it won't go into repair mode, it'll just get straight back up again. Then you just need to do that a few more times and it eventually dies.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

It's quite easy to do it, especially since your HP is lower, so limit breaks happen rather quickly. Pity Seifer isn't in your party. He can practically do limit breaks at 100% health.

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

You only get that huge SeeD exam bonus if you do it quickly though, I think - I did it and took ages, and ended up getting a rathre crap SeeD score
    You must remember the time that is left when you get back to the beach is taken into account for your initial SeeD rank. 'Course, there are many other factors that may have played a role, like enemies killed, people you talked to, saving the dog, having good judgment at the Fire Cavern...lots of factors.

Random battles get harder at higher levels in FF8, due to monsters stats growing faster than you can keep up with junctioning to your own stats
    There's one sure-fire way to keep that in order. 100 Death spells + ST-Atk-J = Most battles being reeeeally easy. Or just use Card on all of your enemies.

then i bought the 3 gunblade buy getting card mod...
    Only the third one? 1 Chef Knife (from Tonberry card) + 2 Star Fragments (from 6 Iron Giant cards) + 1 Turtle Shell (from either 3 Adamantoise cards or 2 X-ATM092 cards) + 8 Screws (from 2 Geezard cards) + 1000 gil = Punishment.

...Ehh, sorry for not exactly being on topic, but I already knew about that little thing. IMO, I'd just use the SeeD tests to get my rank up to where I want it, and 50 AP isn't a whole lot.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

Yeah you have to let it regenerate beofore fighting it again or it wont die.