Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ff7-2 announced.

Blog Entries

An FFVII-2...I think that would have a promising outcome, if they made it. If they did make it, they could explain the ending of FFVII better, because the hole 500 years later thing makes me wonder what happened inbetween there, y'know? *prays for FFVII-2*

Blue...for this great injustice, it is your turn to commit seppuku

James McConnor

Hey, hey! C'mon, c'mon! Shinken's Avatar

Originally posted by FFGreenery
    If they don't have time for us, then why have they announced they are remaking FF7, FF8, FF9 for the PS2?
    In my opinion, since they are remaking i am very for sure they are adding new features, like graphics,and probably voices for the chars, like FF10. And to add one more thing (in my opinion) they will probably have a prequel in the remake of FF7
    So my point is, if they didn't have time for us, then why remake a game that could be played on PS1 or PS2....
    Hmn... Now the way I see it, announcing a remake doesn't really mean anything until some hard facts (pictures or official information) are distributed for the public to see or read. I mean, these games are just that: announcements. Until there's proof that the games are actually being worked on, I don't think this is a legitimate example of Square "having time" for us.. =\

Then again, this is just me.

if there is a ffvii-2 and it's about different characters after the meteor thing. No way i'm buying that game. Final Fantasy VII should be left alone. It's good how it is.
    What's a jellicle cat?

I still say that FFVII-2 should be a prequel. It could fill in the holes in the story of Cloud, you could be Zack, you could be Sephiroth, etc. The possibilities are endless. I.E.: It wouldn't be difficult to use what they have to make a good game.

Hmn... Now the way I see it, announcing a remake doesn't really mean anything until some hard facts (pictures or official information) are distributed for the public to see or read. I mean, these games are just that: announcements. Until there's proof that the games are actually being worked on, I don't think this is a legitimate example of Square "having time" for us.. =\
    Here is ur proof.....

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/fea...are/p3_01.html

Hey, hey! C'mon, c'mon! Shinken's Avatar

Originally posted by FFGreenery
    Here is ur proof.....

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/fea...are/p3_01.html
    Er. Think you misunderstood me. ^_^;

That was the kinda thing I (read: me, myself, my own opinion) don't find to be a definite thing. Developers can announce games all they want, but whether or not they go through with the plan is something entirely different. Just seems to me that Square doesn't really seem to keen on releasing since the announcement was a fairly long while ago.

Like I said before, until real proof (read: pictures, actual game information/remake information, non-generalized information) is released, I don't think it's a good example of how Square "has time" for its devoted gamers.

...okay. This is pointless, I just realized. I quit. :jap:
    Last edited by Shinken; 05-11-2003 at 12:38 AM.

Yrkoon

well only read first post but it seems likely they will make a sequal to ff7 my reasoning is :

1. square have said they want to use the ff 10 engine for more games.

2. from various sources over the last year or 2 square have admitted to wanting to bring a sequal to ff7 out but didnt want to offend the large fan base for that game.

3. think off square using ff10-2 as a trial basis to see how the fans accept a sequal to a ff game

perssonaly id rather a nice ps2 update of ff7 as long as they leave story as it is an dont get cheesy voice actors

id rather they make a prequel to ff8 the past in that game sounds sweet an plenty room for expansion

I have heard they are remaking FF7 for PS2, so it might have the complete story....
    If they don't have time for us, then why have they announced they are remaking FF7, FF8, FF9 for the PS2?

The VII remake was put on "indefinite hold" about a year ago. Basically, it's been canned for the moment. Could Square start work on it again? It's possible, but I'd say it's far off in the future. As for the FFVIII and FFIX remakes, Square has denied their development. So all this stuff about FFVII-IX remakes you might hear is false. At this time, Square says their not in development.

Dreamers... Squares dead to me. They're souly out for profit now and have no time for us oldbies.

Come on... Square's always been about the profit. So is every company. And they have no time for oldbies? What about FF Anthology? Chronicles? Origins? Other remakes/rereleases? Personally, your statement isn't fair...

Untitled

Originally posted by ZeZipster
    Dreamers... Squares dead to me. They're souly out for profit now and have no time for us oldbies. They'll just keep on increasing their fanbase avoiding things that don't attract newbies or get you 10 dollars every month from all your players. Very select things that are looking good to me and that'd be FFTA and FF Origins. Both of them don't take as much money to produce as some thing like a prequel would.
    dude, it's called being a company, business, if they make no profit then u will get NO FF games, no re-releases, no nothing... and if Square weren't in it for profit you'd have just FF1, which by most accounts rlly wasn't that good, and they wouldn't have bothered with anything else

I'm gaining more and more faith every time I hear how good FFX-2 is doing in Japan. Because it might be a trial and then FFVII-2 or a remake of FFVII(<~~I think I'd prefer a remake..just a little more) might be announced and I will jump thru my roof.

FFX really didn't need a sequel from my point of view, it was a perfect, sad ending, (SPOILER)Tidus went to the farplane and Yuna moved on nothing much to carry on from.

FFVII had a bizarre ending, you don't if they died or lived, the 500 years later thing and the children's laughter, all the plot holes and unexplained things. They can make about 5 prequels and sequels from all the unexplained stuff!! It deserves to be explained or at least remade on the PS2 system and then have the unexplained stuff added in.

Also, I have friends who absoultely hated FFVII and wouldn't even play past the reactor because of the graphics, so if it were remade with better graphics, I'm sure they'd like it. So for my own personal reasons too, I would like it remade.

And that's how I see it...

I actually hope they make a sequal to FFVII be cause of the ending. I don't like open endings. And my opinin on the ending was that [spoilers] the planet killed all the humans because they were ruining the planet. So animal and plant life took over. And in conclusion, I think they should make a sequal to show if all [spoilers] the hunans were really killed or not. They can fill in the plot holes such as the laughing children in the ending. That was freaky. The ending was freaky. So there.