Thread: Is FF11 only for PC?

Is FF11 only for PC?

Just wondering...

"I fight for Spira.....the people long for the Calm. I can give it to them.....it's all that I can give."

No, it's for both PC and PS2.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

if its also for the ps2 then would it be played like the other final fantasies? or still like the computer one?
    "whats the point of pretending to be all grown up.... if it means the things i wanna say never get said? How am i supposed to change anything?" -Tidus-FFX

Originally posted by Shayo
    if its also for the ps2 then would it be played like the other final fantasies? or still like the computer one?
    What do you mean? They are both the same game. They both are played online, you can get a network adapter for the PS2 and there's a Harddrive comming out for the PS2.

I think that's what you wanted to know.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Mojo Pin is right. It is same game and will be on both systems. It most likely appear on pc in October and PS2 not till 2004 most likely due to holding back on harddrive. Sony wants to sell their Everquest game first. So if you dont want to wait till Jan-Apr 04 than PC is way to go.
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com

I forget when wil the PC version be realeased.

Q4 2003.

I think what he meant was the computer port of FFVIII really sucked, thats why they never ported FFIX... or X...

actually i was wondering if u played the ps2 version would u be able to play with the people who play the computer version? and if not than would the game be like ever quest online adventures? and would the ps2 version have better graphics?
    "whats the point of pretending to be all grown up.... if it means the things i wanna say never get said? How am i supposed to change anything?" -Tidus-FFX

as far as i know its the same exact game and you can play wiht people on ps2 and pc on the same servers and graphics should be the same(for pc it depends on your graphics card)

also as far as i can tell about the release dates pc is supposed to come out like october28 and the ps2 version isn't comign out till january 6 but im still think it'll have to eb out by christmas sony would be dumb not to release the hard drive before christmas and the ps2 game is already done( pending corrections from beta) they just can't release it with out the harddrive so hopefully it'll be out in december

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The PC version is sheduled for an October or November release, but they're leaning towards November from my understanding, to get it out right before Christmas. So Q4 2003 is pretty accurate. The PS2 is Q1 2004. We know no more than that.

As far as the PS2 version and PC version there the same game (other than a few keyboard comands).

See URL

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/play_online.html

And the release date for the PC version is late Oct. with an ETA of 10/28/03. But we all know how that goes.

See URL

http://gamestore.ign.com/product.asp...id=645389#ship

And the release date for the PS2 version I have read but have no solid proff that it is supose to be released in early 2004.

My recommendations if you really want to play the game get the PC version unless you already have the network pack for PS2. Simple because there new console, the PS3, I have read will have all that included so why pay extra for it. And it will take on a whole new gaming engine as well and will not be able to play old games as far as I know, see Electronic Gaming Issue July 2003. That will mean expansions will be the cost you the game and the new console.

And for other great info on the game befor it comes out vist:

http://ffxi.crgaming.com/

See you all after the PC release.