Thread: FF3 (j) HELP

Default FF3 (j) HELP

I'm currently playing the rom for FF3j, and I need some help. I've looked at several walkthroughs already, and I still can't find the Solitary Island. The walkthrus I looked at said it was northwest of the Floating Island. If anyone can please send me a map or something of the second world, I'd be grateful. I've used up almost all of my Midgbreads to look at the map continuously, but I still can't find the Solitary Island where the shipwreck of Elia Maiden of Water is supposed to be...

hm..I just did this a couple weeks ago, but I haven't hooked up my comp since I got back from school so i can't go back and play it...hm..so I guess I can't be of THAT much help, but I just bought many midgbreads and just flew around a lot. It's really not THAT hard...plus, by that tiny island are I think 2 other bigger islands, so maybe you were just having bad luck; you should be able to see them if you just fly around more. I know it may be frustrating, but hey, isn't that the very essence of FF..?
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember something being south-east or north-west from either that submarine place or the floating island when I played, since that's the direction I always headed to make sure I didn't get lost But it's been a while since I've played it
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

i don't know if my version is screwed or what, but for some reason i still can't find it...I screencaptured an area on the map that was the only island i could find. If anyone can take a look at the map i've attached and tell me if I'm right, or wrong, please do. Is this the solitary island? ::feels dumb:: thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If I remember correctly, the solitairy island is not an island at all when the water level is lowered. It is actually part of one of the continents. So if you're trying to use the map of the "drained" world to find the solitairy island you probably won't find it. Unfortunately I can't add any helpful information on how to find the island. Just get a lot of midget breads and pig out.
    Figaro Castle

wait, why is your screen cap. of the world after the water level has been raised?! If you're at that point then why you're looking for the solitary island is anyone's guess. lol.....please explain.
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

ok, thanks for your help. i think it helps me more now that i know that the solitary island is not an island at all. i will try to look for it again.

oh my, i just realized that it is after the water has been raised. So does this mean that i don't need to look for the solitary island? And if this is so, then that means the walkthroughs I have referred to is out of order and/or incorrect?

Yes! Sorry u had to go through that, but the walthrough u are using must be out of order or something. You really don't need a walthrough for FFIII, and I think it is a a lot funner playing it w/o one, but if you insist, then just find a better one...I saw a really good one at gamefaqs.com, and it was funny, too, so maybe you can find the "funny" one. That island you had on the map was (I think) the one w/ the town of Dastar or something on it, where there are bards or something....so, you do have to go there eventually to get stuff, but that has nothing to do w/ the solitary island thing you did a while ago.
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

I think this is what you are seeking : http://www.wolfmahheaven.net/games/f...ocation=6-4-03

This is a close up view of the area, the entire world map is here http://www.wolfmahheaven.net/games/f...World%20Map-03

It is found to the north of the biggest lake (south-east on the world map)
    You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
    wolfmah Heaven

thanks so much for your help. I was able to find the maps very useful! All the other websites I have searched didn't have maps, or they were referring to the Solitary Island of FFVI, and not FFIIIj. Again, many thanks.