Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: witch form is the true lavos?

Default witch form is the true lavos?

im kinda conused here on witch form of his would be himself? would it be the shell? because theres no way lavos himself would control hiself outisde would it? cause when u fight his last form it says "lavos core" not lavos..so i was wondering if his fish form was his core (like a humans cell) or somethin..and btw wtf is lavos core suppose to look like.. A FISH WITH A ALIEN SUIT?

The little tiny ball thing on the right of the big weird fish man thingy is the true Lavos. The others are just outer shells of him being controlled by the core. So in actuallyity the untimate evil is just a little floating ball thingy.
    This space intentionally left blank.

so the little floating ball thingy created the alien fish suit as a decoy to confuse people?

Yup. The little ball on the left is for support, and the middle fish guy was meant to make everything think that was the real baddy so you waste time and MP and nearly die to kill it while you get beat up by all 3 and only one can be trully killed. Although if you pay attention when you fight him you see that when the lavos' core does soem move (I think it was either a heal or a defense thingy) it says something which includes Lavos' core and has a battle animation on the core. So it's kinda obvious when it does that who to kill.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What always interested me was when you defeat Lavos, the left orb can be seen as the screen fades to white...
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Lol i thought it was funny when lavos actually did his singing move..lmao i cant belive they made a final boss SING. Oh and btw why was he so damn weak. i mean come on i beat him in my mid 50's if hes so easy on 50's there is no point in exceed to the highlest level .

Ps my sig doesnt work!!!

The point is new game plus. If you got to your mid-50's before you beat Lavos your first time you spent way too much time leveling. The game is designed so that you never have to take time out to level, as long as you don't run away from enemies all the time.
    Sig under construction.

oh well...i level alot i guess because i played ff4....that game practiclly begs u to level..but nontheless chronotrigger was a great game and ive beat it so many times its still great. I enjoyed this title very much.. it has to be my favorite

Edit by Gau: Please fix your signature, it screws up the tables.

dont ever let me say anything that retarded again, I thought the idea that it was a cell like thing was genius..
    Last edited by scottwardADD; 11-24-2003 at 07:35 PM.

I never understood that part of the game. Throughout the whole adventure they build up the idea that Lavos is just a spikey alien creature - what you see is what you get. Then at the end they show that the shell isn't him. It's like... a space ship or something. The real guy inside is Lavos? Um... okay? No explanation for what this thing inside is. Then in Cross they go back to the idea that the shell IS the real deal, because it's the basis for the Time Devourer. The shell's its body so it must be living, not a space ship type thing... I don't get it. :(

Well, first of all, spaceships may be organic. Almost like a horse is transportation for us. But the core is the brain and everything. A human would do the same thing if it wished to take over a planet, use a machine or something bigger to help it. And it makes sense that the time devourer was the big thing of Lavos cause would a little alien really devour time? No, it'd probably need a machine or something bigger to do it. Not a very good opinion, but mine none the less.

I just don't like the idea of Lavos being some fish-man/pod thing. He was much cooler as the spikey alien.

Ramza_Beouvle

Yeah, some people went as far as to saying that Schala is the true form! Heh! Twisted. Chrono Cross sort of messed up the identity of Lavos...

In the "new game +" stuff I found out that is way more difficult to defeat Lavos when he wakes up in the Ocean Palace.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

I had a thought about the lavos spawns.

If the shell is the true Lavos then obviously it just spawned itself for further planet invasion. This invites the question of whether there were little cores inside the spawns.

If the core was the true Lavos then why spawn what appear to be shells, unless they are ship/eggs for the cores to grow.

Just a thought.
    Microsoft Windows-

One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them