Thread: I got a trojan from IRC, need help fast

Default I got a trojan from IRC, need help fast

I was a total fool and fell for one of those tricks... in which someone nice enough told me.

"You must have typed a ".write" or "$decode" command to get infected. Please go to the NOHACK channel on DalNET for assistance in removing this infection."

For the life of me, I can never connect to DalNet, ever. Can someone here help me, please? I can't believe I'm so stupid. ><

The "Random US Dalnet Server" way of connecting to Dalnet doesnt work anymore due to denial of service attacks, choose a specific server from the list and you should be able to connect.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Could you paste the exact thing you typed into here? Be easier to work out what files exactly got infected then Otherwise, I can only suggest deleting the entire mirc folder in explorer or something and reinstalling it from scratch if it's definitely infected, but that's assuming whatever string $decode decodes to didn't write to the Windows folder or elsewhere.

Or if you knew more about mirc scripting yourself, you could load Remotes and attempt to edit then remove/unload it yourself
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Ah... thanks for the help all, but I got help from EFNet #dmsetup.

It was a $decode string. And it was in the Windows folder. I'm just glad that kind guy helped me when I was getting the heart attack yesterday. *sweatdrop* He seems to know quite a lot of mIRC scripting...