Thread: Experience in ff1, ff3j

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Default Experience in ff1, ff3j

Does anyone else *need* your characters to have the exact same amount of experience in these two games? In other words, do you restart your game if you win a battle and one of your characters is dead, meaning he'll/she'll have a different amount of experience than the others? Does it drive you nuts if your characters don't levelup at the same time?
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

no, i don't absolutely have to have my characters with the same amount of EXP after each battle. i understand the point in having everyone at the same point, but i don't bother to do restart my game if one character misses out on the EXP.

I don't *Need* to have them all the same, but I do try - if it's a pointless battle just outside of a town, then I'll restart, but if it's a boss battle or near the end of a dungeon *cough*Ice Cave*cough* then I'll usually let it go.
    I disable signatures. Killjoy.

I used to be like that too, but I've learned to just let it go. In FFI I guess I can say I've "mastered" it over the years that I don't ever die, with the exception of from Rub/Kill. In FF3j, I find it almost impossible to not have a character miss at least one battle, especially when fighting the Big Rat. I'm not big on spending time leveling up, so that hurts sometimes as well.

At first it pissed me off when someone died and I missed out on the EXP but I moved on
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."

I don't care too much unless its a BIG load of exp...... but if I'm not mistaken (at least in origins) if you gain a level don't the extra exp that would go into the next level seem missing to you?

no, its just you Learn how to do math(no offense)