26 53.06%
  • No, it's not worth wasting my money

8 16.33%
  • I can't quite decide yet

15 30.61%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it really worth the money?

Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
    No I have not played the game but at least I don't bad mouth the game for months despite my not playing, and most likely not even looking up info for it. I have studied the game quite a bit and know plenty about it and I think it's a great game from what I've seen.

I am asking you politly to stop posting in this forum if all your going to do is rant about the game (I'm not the only one that's been saying this either). As I said, I understand if you say you dislike the game for a few posts, but when you rant everywhere in the forum for months on end it's gets irratating and annoying to have to see someone bad mouthing a game that looks great.
    Don't call your self a pro player of some thing you haven't played. I Don't doubt the greatness of it. When I said "I argue for the sake of convincing people to think for themselves" I meant as in NOT listening to only all the good ravings about it. I'm not forcing my opinions on others, They can and YOU can put me on ignore.

Don't call your self a pro player of some thing you haven't played.
    Please tell me where I said that? I looked over my post several times and saw no such thing of my saying.

I meant as in NOT listening to only all the good ravings about it.
    Quite obviously we pay attention to the bad things people say about the game too, or else no one would make a comment on posts made by you on this subject.

They can and YOU can put me on ignore.
    Ok if everyone ignored your posts in this forum then there would be no reason for you to even post in this forum if they were just ignored. Besides none of us have the ability to know what posts we should ignore and which we should read.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, this is enough bickering about who should be posting in this thread. The thread is about whether or not people think that FFXI will be worth the money and I don't see that ZeZipster is doing anything but that.

You do have the ability to know which posts you want to read, Bahamut. Just block off the person that you don't want to read any posts by. You don't get to pick and choose the posts that you want to ignore, just the poster.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
    Please tell me where I said that? I looked over my post several times and saw no such thing of my saying.
    You said:
    [q= Bahamut2000X]and you have done it for many many months and I know I speak for all the pro FFXI players when I say[/Q]

When I said pro, I said pro as in the opposite of con. Either way you said that I said I was a good player, in which case even if I meant the other meaning of pro it wouldn't matter.

Let the games begin... again! Sheesh, why can't we just all get along?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

How are either of you going to say this game is good or bad without playing it. It makes you both sound like ignorant hippocrites.
    Last edited by playaGAW; 06-25-2003 at 06:26 AM.

Thumbs up Worth the MONey???

Ten dollars a month is average for online games and considering it is FF it is worth the money.Even though they could drop the price a little i still will find myself digging in my pockets to pay for it.

I heard it mentioned above that FFXI will not do well because true fans of FF will not want to play an online game.

I think this is a bit of a general statement -- I'm sure there are people out there who play online games -and- like Final Fantasy.

Fact of the matter is, FFXI is a really good online game. It's one of the best I've ever played and I've played many. I think it's going to do very well, and people who refuse to give it a shot -- well, that's their right. It's a game, not a mandatory subject in school or a federal law. But they'll be missing out.

Plus, you can play it on the PS2. It runs like a dream and you're interacting on the same server as the PC users. It looks gorgeous. It's blisteringly fun. So. Yes, I'm going to get it, not because I have to have all Final Fantasy games, but because -this- one is really, really good.

Well Shadowdust, it seems your problem isnt with FFXI really, it's MMORPG's. Seems to me like you havent played really any PC RPG's. Which means that you've probably never played a MMORPG. Monthly fees is a standard in the genre, maybe you should do a little research before you say a game isnt worth it.

So quit the bitching about the monlthy fee and play a different game.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

pag.xero, your post was uncalled for. Do not insult the intelligence of another member. The topic is about whether or not you feel that FFXI is worth the money, not Shadowdust's knowledge on MMORPG's.

i dont insult people who actually have something intelligent to say...even though i may not agree with it. It's not his position i'm ripping on....it's his reasons. If this game ends up sucking then it may very well not be worth buying.However, his position is unnoriginal, uninformed random babble. i just hate seeing worthless topics.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You should not be insulting anyone for any reason...period. If you thought that this was a worthless topic then you should not have posted in this thread in the first place.

Now what fun would that be?

Actually ShadowDust is quite well informed about the fact the game is online. He was actually the one organizing groups several years ago when we first learned it was online (and when he planned to play) but he seems to be more worried at the fact that he has a monthly fee to pay and not have all the time to play it, thus wasting money.