• I can't quite decide yet

15 30.61%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it really worth the money?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Now what fun would that be? - pag.xero

Sorry, but I guess I wasn't making myself very clear. I wasn't asking you to not insult members, I was TELLING you not to insult other members on this board. If you find that fun then find a board that appreciates that sort of posting.

People place their values on many different things. Shadowdust places more value in making sure that he has enough money for the month over playing FFXI. He didn't say that the game itself sucked. Maybe you should do more research (reading all posts) yourself before you say that someone else's are uninformed random babble.

By the way, you didn't answer the topic question: Do you think that FFXI is worth all of the cost?
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

First off i wasnt really insulting him, it's just this topic has been exhausted many times over, it would have been a good topic maybe 5 years ago when ultima online was the first major mmorpg. It's a simple question, can you afford 10 bucks a month or not?

I agree with Bahamut2000. FFXI looks like the best looking and fun online game around. No online game looked that good before and offers that much detail with so many jobs.
    FFXI will not be the end of offline final fantasies. Its just a online one. No one says you have to get a online final fantasy just because it has the name. Man, buy what you want and don't buy it if you hate before it comes out. It will save yourself the trouble.
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com

A Real Guitar Demon Tom Morello's Avatar

I've played it and it ownz all, and so yes I am getting FFXI and paying for the monthly fee.

You people who are ranting should realize something. FFXI will cost like 39.99 or something very close to that... so playing for 3 months would cost you 69.99, which is about as much as an offline game, except this game completely ownz. And plus, I think the first month is free

This game truly is fantastic, and everyone who thinks it's bad just because it's not offline like the rest of the FF games is just opposed to change.

Embrace change! Sometimes change is exactly what you need!
    I used to have one... but it was erased... *sigh*

Final Fantasy Xi is worth every cent. Not to like a game because its online is dumb. If you didn't play it, than you don't know how game is.
    I never was interested in online games. But Final Fantasy XI will be the game to get me to play online. Graphics are best of any online game, almost as good as any offline game. Plus you play any ff job in series basically. Plus its about fantasy with great looking characters you can create. I still can't get over the fact that I will play a Final Fantasy with other people.

There are 3 online games coming out: 1. Final Fantasy XI, 2. Star Wars Galaxies and 3. Resident Evil. These games will bring gamers to new levels. Bahamut2000, tell us how the feel of FFXI?

All I can say, don't put game down just because you don't have the money for it. I couldn't get my favorite car, Ford Mustang for awhile but I didn't put it down. I got it and I am happy. Find some work and you will be able to afford the game. If you have good computer and internet already. A extra $10.00 a month won't hurt. Don't fear change people. One online game doesn't effect the future Final Fantasy series. Online games go on for a while. So, if game does great which is likely, other fantasies will be offline while there is one online game.

To all those naysayers of Final Fantasy XI

LOL

Kalel you said if you didn't play a game then you don't know how it is so how do you know the game is good and worth every cent.

Playagaw, by all the reviews/previews by gamespot, video game magazines, seeing game in action by co workers at my job who had inport. I saw him playing game and he told me how it worked. I saw it in action. If I could understand Japanese and stuff I would get the import for sure. I made my statements by my opinions on game not to disagree with someone to disagree.

But I do understand ZeZipster brought up, because this game will cost money. Best I can say is when its out for everyone in October you'll have more feedback from more people on game. Plus more reviews for you to go by to get game.

For me, I think it will be worth it. But you got good point this game will cost big money. Your own judgement is always best, so I recommend going by it. But some beta testers and more experience Import players can probably help you out.
    Good luck on your decision. ZeZipster

Either way the games comming out, it's already in Beta stage, so why fight it? If you don't have the money, simply don't buy it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

Personally I think it is definatly worth the money....

Unless you have to go out and buy a new computer just to play it or somthing.

Its like joining a club that lets you go out and have fun whenever you want at any time all month for only $10

The initial price may be steep if you have to purchase a comp ore somthing.

I am getting a new comp anyways and $10 a month isn't a lot of money for all the entertainment value i will be getting. Hell Id stop paying my cable bill just to keep FFXI because i bet id play more than id watch TV at least the first few months.

As long as there are enough people still paying $10 a month FFXI will continue to operate forever.....

Also if it is Succesful enough you can expect that once some of those 20 servers are empty the'll make a new On-Line FF to fill them Up again.

As long as this one is succesful we might Get more and more Online FF's AND I am sure they will Continue to make Consloe games at the same time.

Hell if this all works out Square-Enix might have to sub-divide into 2 seperate Divisions just to keep up the demand for BOTH Online and Console Games.

Its up to Us to help make this a succes so that Square-Enix may one day be the largest supplier of BOTH online and Console Games of EVERY TYPE!!!!

Thats just my opinion but......think how great it would be.......

I dont see the big deal. we're all freaks and we love ff. i dont see y we should even discuss"will you wast your money.." more than half of us will by the game. Its my goal in life to own and have beaten every single ff game ever made and that will ever be made

I most definitely agree, I must have all the final fanasies because they rule.

Last time I checked, ZeZippster (sp.?), Final Fantasy 7 isn't as of an old Final Fantasy. I seem to remember Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 3 designed for the Famicom. As well as Final Fantasy 4(easy version and hard version), 5 and 6 for the Super Famicom. I also remember Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the Super Famicom. There is also the Final Fantasy Legend series for the Gameboy. Don't you dare say that FF7 fans are old fans. I've been playing the series since the first one, including the game boy versions. Yeah they don't do anything for older players eh? Yeah thats why they re-released Final Fantasy 4, 6, Chrono Trigger, and released Final Fantasy 5. 7 old? Don't make me laugh.

Originally posted by amkoo
    Last time I checked, ZeZippster (sp.?), Final Fantasy 7 isn't as of an old Final Fantasy. I seem to remember Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 3 designed for the Famicom. As well as Final Fantasy 4(easy version and hard version), 5 and 6 for the Super Famicom. I also remember Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for the Super Famicom. There is also the Final Fantasy Legend series for the Gameboy. Don't you dare say that FF7 fans are old fans. I've been playing the series since the first one, including the game boy versions. Yeah they don't do anything for older players eh? Yeah thats why they re-released Final Fantasy 4, 6, Chrono Trigger, and released Final Fantasy 5. 7 old? Don't make me laugh.
    How much effort do you think it took them to re-release those? Next to none, they just had to produce copies of it and then market it. They could have done A LOT more. They won't make a sequel to FF7, why? Because it requires actual effort.

Actually in the remakes they did do a lot of effort.

Firstly they added many new features to lot's of them CG movies (some of which are very high quality) also they had some of the original art which could be seen in the games in some of them. Also for the english versions they had to translate FFII, IV, and V. While FFI went under some new translations to be fixed and uncensored. So saying they didn't do much work is a under statement.
    This space intentionally left blank.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

This is probably the only thing I'll ever agree with ZeZippster on......

Considering all the money they made off of those re-releases.....they really didn't do A LOT of work......

Yes there was work invovled....and it was quit a bit of work.......but it Payed off tenfold.....that means it was worth more than the small effort it required.....

I have The Final Fantasy Cronicals games and I happen to think they did a great job......on the few small things that they changed......but considering that they were pritty much losing money before they re-released them....it was worth it for them.

They must have relized that many of there gamers are children of the playstation.....Didn't join the Final Fantasy Family, untill FF7.......and realized that those ppl were playing the old FF's in Rom form.....thus if they re-released them.......$$$$$$ for them.....