Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!! Moogles vs. Chocobos !!!

I LOVE Moombas. Chocobos and Moogles are ok, but they don't look as cool as Moombas. The first time i saw one in FF8 i freaked out! It was wesome...and so are Moombas.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

My vote goes to Moogles. Moombas were awesome but they were an obvious Moogle replacement. Call me jaded, but I'm fairly sure FFVIII was Square's way of trying to say out with the old, in with the new school. Anyway Chocobos (which, believe it or not, IS pronounced cho'-ko'-bo', and the plural of which is NOT spelled Chocoboes, thank you very much, Mr. Quayle) are kinda nifty, but they have no personality. Their sole function is for you to ride on them. Heck, even Kappa was more of a character then a Chocobo. However, I WOULD like to see a Moogle vs. Chocobo vs. Moomba throwdown of some sort, maybe with another animal in there as well (4 is the classic FF party number, after all).

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Originally posted by the tortured one
    and they were in ff8
    Actually I meant FF8 as their "hit" as they didn't do a damn thing in FFX except appear as a poor weapon for a poor character, whereas in FFVIII they ran around screeching making me want to hit them in the face with a hammer. Repeatedly.

*Just remembered something*

Beavers in FF2! Why no mention of Beavers!? they rule! or at least they're better than Moombas, although they are one-hit wonders(Wow, now that's an addictive phrase) but they don't screech at me all the time. They don't beat Moogles, but they beat Moombas hands down.

Anyway Chocobos (which, believe it or not, IS pronounced cho'-ko'-bo', and the plural of which is NOT spelled Chocoboes, thank you very much, Mr. Quayle)

NO! Not cho'- ko'- bo' I refuse to accept it. Damn whoever thought of pronouncing it that way first. I'd been calling them that for years before FFX shows up, and I'm going to continue to do so, and I will continue to oppose this pronunciation. As for it being Chocobos, Chocoboes looks so much more nicer, as the first one looks like it is pronounced(using FFX method) Choe - coe - boss which is just WRONG. No personality, eh? Go play FFV. It has a Chocobo in it called Boko. He has a personality.

And who can forget the Chocobo theme tune?

Pronunciation doesn't really matter just as long as you understand what they're saying.