Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ribbon??

Default Ribbon??

Hey, I've heard all this talk about ribbon, I have the american version so I dont habve it, but I was wondering what exactly ribbon does, cause it seems to be pretty good by the way people want to get it!! Please reply, Thanks.

It's only really useful if you're fighting Dark Aeons as they tend to put every single negative status under the sun on you. Also it's useful for Great Marlboros and a few others nasties that you get in the American version.

Ribbon protects agsinst most status changes - it doesn't protect against Curse, Death or any breaks.

what blows is that u cant inlflict curse. it would come in handy when fightin belgemine's aeons,(SPOILER) Jecht , or any aeons in general. but it would make sense, considering u would only use it maybe 5 times at the most. and ribbon protects against death, just not KO. but their arent many bosses who can inflict death, so it doesnt matter much. although deathproof comes in handy when fightin (SPOILER) yunalesca and the moster arena bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

It does the same thing it has always done.

what does? ribbon? ribbon wasnt in that many games

Originally posted by masamune1287
    ribbon wasnt in that many games
    You must not know your Final Fantasy then. The ribbon appears in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and Tactics. It seems the it also appears in 10 as other people are talking about it even though I have never actually gotten it. Anyone know how to make it?

i knew it was in the early ones, 7 and 9. it wasnt in 8 or the american 10. its 99 dark matter, but its only in ffx intl.
    Last edited by §håd0w; 08-30-2003 at 03:04 AM.

It doesn't do the same as it's always done - not quite. It doesn't protect against death. Try fighting something with that causes death and even with ribbon it'll kill you. Deathproof is the only way of protecting against death.

Anyway, you can collect dark matters if you want but the best way is to fight dark aeons.

They drop armour with break hp limit and ribbon as abilities so your best bet is to keep fighting the really easy ones until they drop something with 4 slots and ribbon in. If you get 4 slots and ribbon & break hp then even better. That's what I did for the 3 main characters that I used.

Originally posted by Prodigy Also it's useful for Great Marlboros and a few others nasties that you get in the American version.
    Originally posted by masamune1287 but its only in ffx intl.
    I don't think the ribbon ever protected against Death. The ribbon protects against almost every status change. Death is not a status change. Also there are two people contradicting each other. Is it available in the American version or not? Are the Dark Aeons the only monsters that drop it?
    Last edited by robfinalfantasy; 07-26-2003 at 08:44 PM.

its in intl. and european only, it does protect against sudden death, or at least whenever i was attacked by a boss at the monster who could use death, it never did anything, it just showed that triangle and said IMMUNE, and then i get all happy. The dark aeons drop it, but even thats easier said than done. or u could customize a shield with 99 dark matter and get it. it doesnt protect against curse though. so good luck getting one for all of ur members

It certainly doesn't protect against some kinds of death.

I'm almost certain (but I'd have to go back and check) that there are some creatures who can use a "death inflicting" attack on you even with ribbon.

In 7 I'm almost certain that ribbon protected against death.

im gonna correct myself now, or something. i dunno how it works, it doesnt protect against death (at least it doesnt in 7-9) i dunno what the deal is in FFX. i dunno, it protects sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt. or it might just be that death is just like any other status change, and there is a probability that it works and wont work. i dunno, but i figgured out that it doesnt protect against death.

where do you get dark matters from to make one ?
    and rob whos that in that pic ? theyre black metallers thats for sure.
    may darkness forever grip you my steel clad freind.
    \m/

With woven hearts, a thorn arbour. Left tear streaked reason upon the shore. And bereft of compass, star or more. Set out for this worlds end

rare drop from all monster arena bosses, or unlock ultima buster and get 99 (5 of every fiend)

Originally posted by masamune1287
    rare drop from all monster arena bosses, or unlock ultima buster and get 99 (5 of every fiend)
    I believe I unlocked it, but I never received 99 dark matters. Are you sure about that? I may be wrong.
    Originally poster by Sin Harvest
    where do you get dark matters from to make one ?
    and rob whos that in that pic ? theyre black metallers thats for sure.
    may darkness forever grip you my steel clad freind.
    \m/
    It's Ragnarok. http://www.ragnarokhorde.com/