Thread: ozma/necron

ozma/necron

Does anyone else think that necron and ozma should have been switched around? I thought necron was easier than Kuja. But maybe its just me.

www.quad9dyne.com
    *falls off chair laughing*

I found Necron to be hard as hell, personally. A rather worthy opponent in terms of difficulty. The only problem was the only time in the game you ever saw him or heard mention of him was in the end

Actually Necron was mentioned many times before. I believe Beatrix said something about him once, and Dr. Tot constantly talks about the jewels, refering to the crystal and Necron.
    This space intentionally left blank.

even so, he was a pretty lame final boss, if you took him out of the story completley it wouldent change much. kuja wants to destory the crystal, beat kuja, he cant do it, end of game. necron seemd like an after thought they just threw in. ozma was a better boss, even if he is just a big swirling ball of what looks like left over play dough.
    dunno about them being swapped around though. i think necron should have just been a side boss, and kuja should have been normal first, then trance and alot harder.

With woven hearts, a thorn arbour. Left tear streaked reason upon the shore. And bereft of compass, star or more. Set out for this worlds end

I guess i shouldn't have said switched around... Ozma would make the game extremely hard to beat.

www.quad9dyne.com
    *falls off chair laughing*

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Originally posted by Solution IX
    I guess i shouldn't have said switched around... Ozma would make the game extremely hard to beat.
    Yes it would! I found Necron a pushover, but I only claimed victory over Ozma with luck - he didn't use Pain thank god. I put it down to the friendly monster quest(OK, it probably isn't, but I can believe, can't I?) cus the moment I did that, I went straight back up to the Chocobo Air Garden and killed him.

But Ozma as a final boss would just raise complaints. You can't have a final boss where you either need
    a) Luck or
    b) Being level 99
    In order to win.

i wasnt lv 99 when i beat ozma, and the battle isnt purley luck based. about the same as necron really, when he does grand cross (?). the attack that does all kinds of status changing fun. what it does comes down to bassically the same amount of luck as the battle with ozma, thats how it works for me anyway, we all have our different methods.
    besides what on earth is wrong with a hard game to beat ?
    bring 'em on i say

With woven hearts, a thorn arbour. Left tear streaked reason upon the shore. And bereft of compass, star or more. Set out for this worlds end

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is it me or is necron like Zemus in personality he appears at the very end and yet he says he doesn't die "as long as there is evil/as long as there is life and death!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Originally posted by Sin Harvest
    i wasnt lv 99 when i beat ozma, and the battle isnt purley luck based. about the same as necron really,

besides what on earth is wrong with a hard game to beat ?
    bring 'em on i say
    OK, not purely luck but if he had decided to use Pain on me in the battle in which I beat him, I don't think I would have beaten him.

What is wrong with a hard game to beat? Nothing. What is wrong with a hard Final Fantasy to beat? Because it involves levelling up. A lot. And as most people will probably agree, levelling up is tedious to the point of the game not being fun anymore - if you need to spend 3-5 hours doing it...

im level 90 or so with zidane, and about 60-70 with the other characters, and yans still pose a respectable challenge. you dont always have to level up, it just makes it easier. granted you need to be at a respectable level for some battles but even so, a hard final fantasy is a good final fantasy. leveling up isnt that bad and certainly wont mean that the game isnt as good.
    besides do other stuff while your leveling, side quests or something. the harder the game, the more time you spend on it, more time = lifespan
    lifespan =

Thumbs up Switch them

I tore necron apart and i screwed up going into the battle, no one had any status effect protection, and only one person survived grand cross. Stiner. I was leveling up and learning all the abilities and decided hmmm let's fight the boss. I use shock on him after he killed Shadow (Zidane), Garnet, and ViVi. He is a wus but Ozam I can't beat. I have all the legendary weapons, all the abilities, and guard aginst all the status affects, the only way to really counter curse is to use mini or have zidane holding the tower and use soul blade on the other party members.

All that to say Ozam would make a pimp final boss, but make it more like this:
    Ozma is the living crystal woken by Kuja and now wants to return everthing back to ZeroWorld because of the curruption into mens heart. And if he looked more like the crystal instead of a superball. And Necron be the failed summon that after defeating him in the air garden Ekio got to summon him and use grand Cross and Dagger would have ark, and all would be right with the world. That would be a thugish final battle. Dagger using ARK--Eiko using Necron--- ViVi using Doomsday--- Stiner using Shock or Doomsday Sword----and Ozma Unleashing his fury that is how the game should have gone.

I do think they should have been switched.

A warrior takes a sword in hand, clasping a gem to his heart. Engraving varnishing memories into the sword, placing finely honed skills into the stone. Spoken from the sword handed down through the stone... Now the story can be told... Check out www.ninjai.com

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never found Necron especially challenging, but then again, I beat Ozma before I ever fought Necron. You don't need high levels either, just skill and useful abilities.

when i beat ozma zidane was lvl 99 and the other(steiner,eiko,amarant) were below lvl 70 and i had shock and thievery doing 9999 damage every time plus auto-haste on all my characters,auto-life on zidane and i didnt even finish the friendly monster quest,cuz i didnt attack him physicly.but necron was the hardist boss when i fought him the first time,then i just beat him in about 15 minuts,when ozma casted his attack grand cross they all became mini and some of zombie exept zidane.i still think that they are both easy,omega weapon is hard as hell.