Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLIPPIN' CHOCOBO BREEDING.

Articles

FLIPPIN' CHOCOBO BREEDING.

I heard the process was long, grueling and excessively annoying, but now that I'm trying to go through it. . .it's still FAR worse than I imagined it would be. The computer won't throw me a freakin' bone, and it's highly frustrating.

So then, when all y'all set out to raise a Gold Chocobo, how did you feel during the process?

i thought it was fairly easy, just takes awhile. you are doing everythign right, right? if you dont know exactly what you're doing it can be hard.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It drove me so insane, I just gave up not long after getting a blue chocobo to go with my green one. I just couldn't take all the damn racing anymore...
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

I liked it so much that I tried to brred the ultimate Gold Chocobo, but I got bored not too long after my second generation of Gold Chocobos.

the first time i did it was was practically pulling my hair out, but it was worth it in the end. the second time was much easier because i bread lots of blue and green chocobos. if i got two green chocobos, one male one female, its easy from there, the chocobo that you will hopefully be blue, won't matter if its male or female, so it makes it easier. i hope that made sense!! but yeah, it make it that little bit easier...
    "A pro isn't someone that sacrafices himself for his job. Thats just a fool".
    --Reno from the turks, ff7.

If you follow the chocobo breeding guides it isn't too bad, but it still takes forever. Maybe try beating the Weapons in the meantime (= no chance, but fun nonetheless).

It's the darn Chcocobo music that really annoys me. I switch the sound off whenever I'm racing, it's that bad.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The only hard part for me was trawling the world wondering where in the hell I could find Carob and Zeio nuts. It's always best to save before breeding a pair of chocobos so you can reset if you don't get the results you want. Also, I have found that wonderful chocobos will ALWAYS be the same gender as each other. The first time I bred a gold one they were all male, and the second time round they were all female. So therefore you will need a black chocobo of the opposite sex, so catch the wonderful one before breeding the black one.

It's the darn Chcocobo music that really annoys me. I switch the sound off whenever I'm racing, it's that bad.
    Nah, the Chocobo music's good!

I thought chocobo breeding was fun and easy. The only part that made me want to kill the creators of the game was when you needed a certain sex of Chocobo and you woulld get a Great or Wonderful, or whatever you need and it's the same sex that you already have. Then you spend forvever looking for the right one, which seems to never come.

how bout just beat which ever weapon gives you the desert rose (i forget which) and get your gold chocobo that way. It's tough to do, but try it anyways

Originally posted by Dragonfire
    how bout just beat which ever weapon gives you the desert rose (i forget which) and get your gold chocobo that way. It's tough to do, but try it anyways
    ruby i think, and the gold chocobo you get from the kalm traveller doesn't have very good stats.

Articles

[q=Burtsplurt]If you follow the chocobo breeding guides it isn't too bad, but it still takes forever. Maybe try beating the Weapons in the meantime (= no chance, but fun nonetheless).[/q] I've checked three different walkthrough guides at GameFAQs, and they all have different guides for chocobo breeding. It's hard to figure out which ones are right, because they've all missed one thing or another.

I'm having the same problem as Purgatory over there had, in that I can't seem to mate for a blue female. It's highly annoying.

Master of Glass

Where do you find the guides?
    I'm Currently making a videogame. Go to www.freewebs.com/blackmarblestudios to see how its going.

Articles

I've used three or four different ones at www.gamefaqs.com. They all say different things concerning how to go about breeding chocobos.

Master of Glass

oh okay thanks.
    I'm Currently making a videogame. Go to www.freewebs.com/blackmarblestudios to see how its going.

Originally posted by StriderX284
    I've checked three different walkthrough guides at GameFAQs, and they all have different guides for chocobo breeding. It's hard to figure out which ones are right, because they've all missed one thing or another.

I'm having the same problem as Purgatory over there had, in that I can't seem to mate for a blue female. It's highly annoying.
    I used this one at GameFAQs. It seemed to work pretty well.