Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLIPPIN' CHOCOBO BREEDING.

One problem with the whole Beating WEAPON thing... how in the eff are you sposed to down him without KOTR? Suggestions welcome!
    "Hmph... legendary guardian? I was just a boy...
    I wanted to change the world, too. But I changed nothing.
    That is my story."
    ~Auron (FFX)

"A sealed up, secret wish... Tender memories... No one can ever know."
    ~Cloud (FFVII)

"This day will never come again... So let me have this moment."
    ~Tifa (FFVII)

Well, 3 ways:
    1.) Master summon: beat emerald
    2.) um... master summon again (but with much more painful process of mastering all summon materia. easier to just breed gold chocobo)
    3.) um... well, have developed charas, and materias, and you should be fine... i think.

Yeah, so I have a question:
    What do you have to do to reach chocobos with speed of 150+?

And about chocobo breeding: Well, it's painful and it's probably not worth it (since i beat emerald before gold chocobo and had KOTR). But, I think the racing is fun once you get to S rank. Yeah, I hate it when you have to sit in front of the TV watching your chocobo hop up and down 100 times before the other racers come.

You all hated the process of breeding the chocobos??? I didn't!!

It didn't take long for me to get a gold, yellow, black, green, blue A level chocobos...Took me an hour to get all of them though....And half of that was racing the higher leveled chocobos - I'd read a book, they were that slow, and I did use manual. Teioh was pretty easy to beat - I beat him with my normal yellow chocobo first time round..

I wish you could have two player chocobo races on your game..My cousin could have the yellow one, and I'd say it is the best one in the game...And she cries when she loses things - and she's older then me!!!
    Aaah, that'd be a funny sight - her coming last!

Yeah, so I have a question:
    What do you have to do to reach chocobos with speed of 150+?
    I can't remember cleary, but I think you have to use one of the greens from chocobo sage in the mountains..I think you can only get to 150 speed..

1)
    actually thats wrong you can get 255 speed (hexidecimal coding 16x16=256 1 code for the address 255 for the actual stat)

2)
    The only hard part for me was trawling the world wondering where in the hell I could find Carob and Zeio nuts.
    on the island with bone village on there are dinasaur type thingys that drop carobs and an archipelago north east of midgar island place where you fight goblins that drop zeio nuts

3)
    does anyone know what you have to do after you have bred to be able to breed again? is it time? or racing? or what? *crushes scrawny playstation handpad in frustration*
    Last edited by one_winged_angel; 06-28-2003 at 01:10 PM.

I believe hat 178 is the maximum speed...

Battling, traveling, racing; all of the above...

It is # of battles.

Default omg

omg whoever said they liked this process must be mad i am sick and tired of it ive only just got there and my god im soooooo bored i know that the reward "knights of the round" is in every aspect awesome but any1 got any tips on how to speed up the time in beetween breeds plz

from daniel

Fight 10 battles. Your chocobos should be ready for breeding again. If you want to save time you could train your Limit Breaks/raise Vincent's kill count at the same time as chocobo breeding to get it out of the way.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I put off finishing the game because I wanted the gold chocobo. But the whole breeding process infuriated me. So here I am, 5 years later, and I still haven't beat the game. All because of the stupid gold chocobo.

Beat Ruby WEAPON and exchange the Desert Rose with the Kalm Traveller for a Gold Chocobo. It will be useless at racing but will give you access to all the secret materia caves.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

buy 2 silkis greens and use the W-item cheat, give your desired chocobo a hell load of choco steroids/ greens (97 max) Get 99 again through W-item glitch and give it to the other chocobo, get these babies up to a high rank and let them do their business.

That's an easy way to do it .

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Man I hated Chocobo breeding and racing. Way to waste my day. If it werent for the caves that are able to be accessed with the Gold Chocobo, I wouldnt have even thought of chocobo breeding or racing.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

this is an old thread but it seems ok to revive, I guess.

I always thought it would be a pain to do the breeding and racing so I never bothered, but I just did it this week on my new playthrough and found it easy. Just get two great chocobo's from Mideel area, sell a mastered all materia for gil, and buy about 100 sylkis greens. Then just feed each of the great chocobos 20 or 30 sylkis greens and that will max their stats. With those stats it should be easy to win races up to A rank. You don't even have to try very hard. Teioh may race you a few times in B rank but you can either keep racing or you can beat him with some skillful sprinting and holding the R1 and R2 buttons.

Carob nuts are easy to steal from Vlakorados in the green areas around the Chocobo Sage's house or by Bone Village. Just breed the two A rank great chocobos with the Carob nut and you'll get a Green. Then I got a third Great chocobo and fed him a bunch of Sylkis greens and got him to A rank, then bred him with the female Great Chocobo I already had and got a Blue chocobo.

The green and blue chocobos will have better max stats, an max them out with more batches of sylkis greens. Getting them to S class is not too tough since their maxed-out stats should be quite formidable. Once you get both of them in S(and you can usually just get one of them to S and one to A) breed them for a black.

The black chocobo will be easy to get to S class with more sylkis greens. Then find a Wonderful chocobo from the tracks near Icicle Inn. Do the same feeding and racing, get it to A class, and then breed with the black and a Zeio nut that you stela from the goblins on the far eastern islands. Save and then keep breeding until you get a Gold.

I maxed out my first gold chocobo and then easily won 10 S class races in a row to get the full prizes.

I was surprised how easy it really was. The key is selling a mastered All materia to get enough gil for all the sylkis greens. Just feed them batches of 10 sylkis greens at a time. After 20 or 30 they will be maxed out without too much effort.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The thing that really made me upset about chocobo racing was that I never was able to get a Magic Counter materia through it.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

you can get a Magic Counter materia in the north cave though.